Sure, I had other things going on.
其实是很重要的事情
Big things, actually.
但我的工作就是把病人放在第一位
But... it's my job to prioritize my patient,
而我就是这么做的
and that's exactly what I did.
我没有将我的注意力放在
I wasn't focused on anything or...
除了病人以外的人或事上
anyone other than my patient.
那我们来谈谈这个栓子切除术
Let's talk about this embolectomy.
杨医生想要先做心脏手术
Dr. Yang wanted to do the heart surgery first.
但你却想要先处理特拉维斯的腿
You wanted to work on Travis's leg.
-是的 -为什么
- Yes. - Why?
因为他的脚已经开始发灰了
Well, his foot was turning gray,
这是他腿开始坏死的迹象
which is an indication that the limb is starting to die.
而我想修复腿部的血液循环
And I wanted to restore blood flow.
一旦腿变黑了 我们就无力回天了
Once a limb turns black, there's nothing we can do.
根据杨医生的证词 她想要先动手术
According to Dr. Yang's testimony, she wanted to go first
是因为特拉维斯的心脏已经被感染了
because the infection had moved to Travis's heart,
从而栓子或血凝块在他身体内四处流散
throwing out emboli-- or clots-- all over his body.
而且她知道在他的心脏修复完之前
And she knew that the heart would keep throwing out clots
那些血凝块还是会在他体内散播 所以
until it was repaired. So--
你会做饭吗
Do you cook?
会一点
Uh, a little.
好 那我们假设你正在做饭
Okay, let's say you're cooking,
你在厨房♥间引发了一场油火
and you start a grease fire in your kitchen.
然后它蔓延到了你家窗帘
And then it spreads to your curtains.
你会怎么做
What do you do?
你会把油火灭了
Do you put out the grease fire?
还是去扑灭窗帘上的火
Or do you extinguish the curtains?
你会先处理哪个
Which disaster do you tackle first?
如果我当初没有处理他体内的栓子
If I hadn't treated the emboli when I did,
特拉维斯的腿肯定是保不住的
Travis would've lost his leg for sure.
我只是选择其中一个先处理
I was just picking which disaster to tackle first.
我真不敢相信你现在要跟我吵架
I cannot believe you're picking this fight right now!
我不是要跟你吵架
I'm not trying to pick a fight.
我只是想告诉你我现在的感受
I am trying to tell you how I feel.
行 我现在感觉也很糟
Okay, well, I feel like crap, too.
满意了吗 它不仅仅是你的孩子
Okay? It wasn't just your kid.
我知道 我知道
I know. I know that.
听我说 我们不必
Look, we just--we'll just, look, we don't--
我们可以等等再要孩子 对吧
We don't have to try again right away, all right?
我们可以再等一段时间
We can wait a while before we try again.
不 我们
No. We--
不 不 你没有抓住重点
No, no. You're missing the point.
什么重点
What point?
我无法再承受任何失去的痛了 凯丽
I can't take another loss, Callie.
我不能再承受了
I can't handle it!
我不能 我现在都不能再去想这件事
I can't--I can't think about this right now.
太痛苦了 太难以承受了
It's just--it's too hard. It's just too hard!
你什么意思
What--what are you saying?
你难道不想再要孩子了吗
Now you don't want another baby?
回答我
Answer me.
我不知道
I don't know.
我得回去查看我的病人了
I have to go check on my patient.
-让她滚 -特拉维斯
- Tell her to get out! - Travis--
我不想看到她 让她滚 立马滚
I don't want her here. Kick her out, Whit, now!
我有多想亲自把她赶走 但我现在是个废人
God knows I can't do it by myself.
所以你赶紧让她滚出去
So get her the hell out of here!
你丫蠢了啊 怎么蠢站着不动
What's wrong with you?! Why aren't you doing anything?!
好了 够了
Okay, that's enough!
惠特尼 去家属休息室吃点点心
Whitney, go to the family lounge and get a snack.
让我和他谈谈 好吗
We need a minute, okay?
你再把气撒在她身上试试
Don't you dare take this out on her.
你很受伤 很气愤
You are hurt and angry
你有这些情绪理所当然
and you have every right to feel those things.
但是惠特尼与这一切无关
But Whitney has nothing to do with that.
如果你想把气撒在别人身上
You--you wanna take your crap out on somebody,
就冲着我来 我能承受
you take it out on me, all right? I can handle it.
你要怪别人 那就怪我吧 来吧
You--you need somebody to blame? Then blame me. Go on.
想怎么发泄随你
Yell all you want.
这本就不该发生在你身上
This never should've happened to you.
如果有任何办法
And if there were any way,
可以让我奇迹般地改变这一切
that I could magically change things,
相信我 我一定会的
Believe me, I would.
我希望我可以为你做些什么
I wish there was something I could do.
我真希望我能治好你
I wish I could fix this.
我试过了 真的尽力了
I tried. I tried so hard.
我很抱歉 特拉维斯
I'm so sorry, Travis.
我非常 非常地抱歉
I'm so, so sorry.
是的 我道歉了
Yes, I apologized.
我理解特拉维斯的感受
I understood what Travis was feeling.
我和我的妻子经历过同样的事情
I went through the same thing with my wife.
她在去年失去了她的腿
She... she lost her leg last year,
而这一点 改变了我们
and, um, it's changed us.
它让我们付出了很大代价
It's, uh, cost us in ways that I...
我到现在还不能完全忘却
I can't even begin to understand.
我不希望这发生在别人身上
I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone.
而现在这一切却发生在我病人身上
And now it was happening to my patient.
我当然很抱歉
Of course I was sorry.
我依然非常抱歉
I still am.
发生在你身上一切我深表歉意 特拉维斯
I'm--I'm so, so sorry this happened to you, Travis.
我是个人 所以我有感情
Th-that makes me human.
而我抱歉并不是因为我的疏忽
That does not make me negligent.
若我对病人怀有同情就免不了被起诉的话
And if I can't feel for my patients without getting sued,
那就让我一直被起诉吧
then I guess I'm just gonna keep on getting sued,
因为这才是真实的我
because that's who I am.
我不会为此而道歉
I won't apologize for that.
爸爸 我们回来了
Dad, we're home.
我们回来了 我猜他还在外面公园里泡妞呢
We're back. Oh, I guess he's still out in the park with the girls.
你说陪审团多久
How long do you think it's gonna take
能达成一致的判决
for the jury to come back?
我不知道 可能几天 有时候要几周
I don't know. Could be days, sometimes weeks.
这是什么
What's that?
我想是关于彼得森关节临床试验的
I think it's from a clinical trial on the Peterson hip.
我以为我没收到回复
I thought I never heard back.
"随信附上您所要的数据"
"Enclosed is the data you requested."
"然而我们特此通知
"But please be advised,
我们的试验目前已经暂停
we've currently put a stop to our trial.
之前曾有五例
There've been five instances
假单胞菌引起的感染"
of infection caused by the pseudomonas bacteria."
"我们发现这是由彼得森关节带来的"
"We've traced the source back to the Peterson joint."
邮戳是什么时候的
What's the postmark on that?
特拉维斯手术前三个星期
Three weeks before Travis' surgery.
我不能保持沉默 我必须告诉他们
I can't just sit on this. I have to tell them, right?
要我就不说 你没有蓄意无视任何信息
I wouldn't. You didn't willfully ignore any data.
你并没有故意地不负责
You didn't act irresponsibly or maliciously.
你是以你当时所拥有的信息作出决定的
You worked off the information you had at the time.
之后的事情完全就是天意
And then an act of god happened.
这信掉在书柜后面
The letter fell behind the bookcase.
它完全有可能在邮寄过程中丢失
It could've just as easily gotten lost in the mail.
但它没有
But it didn't.
偶尔发生意外 就像我们的工作
Accidents happens.It's the job.
这个发生在你的客厅 而不是手术室
This one happened in your living room, not in the O.R..
我 我当时心烦意乱 我并不专心
I--you know, I-I was distracted. I-I wasn't paying attention.
没有收到回复时我应该及时追问的
I should've followed up when I never heard back.
发生的事情让你很难过
You feel bad because of what happened,
换谁都不会好受
and anybody would.
但这封信不是仙丹
But that envelope is not a magic cure.
它不可能让他再长出腿来
It's not going to grow his legs back.
但它可能带来什么 它可能让陪审团犹豫
But what it could do? It could sway a jury.
它可能会让陪审团对你改变看法
It could make a jury think differently about you,
从而终结你的职业生涯
and that could end your career--
不是因为你的过失
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表