我办不到
And I'm -- I can't.
该死
Son of a --
乔纳呼吸困难
Jonah's in respiratory distress.
我们要去曼哈顿的福克斯医疗中心
We need to get to Fox Medical Center in Manhattan,
请开快点
please, as fast as you can.
他的脊椎每分钟都在弯曲
He's bending by the minute.
他太夸张了
He's exaggerating.
我很好 我会没事的
I'm fine. I'll -- I'll be okay.
乔纳 我们看了你的扫描结果
Jonah, we took a look at your scans,
-栓绳没有... -请别说了
- and the tether just doesn't... - Oh, please don't say it.
你的肺受到了压♥迫♥
Your lungs are compressed.
我们得换掉这根金属棒 这样你才能呼吸
We're gonna have to replace the rod so you can breathe.
但是我有 我有安排
But, uh, I-I have to -- I have plans.
如果我们把绳子系紧呢
W-W-What if we tighten the tether?
这没有用的 抱歉
That's not how it works. I'm sorry.
金属棒坏了
The rods don't work.
年底前我再换新的
Okay, I-I'll need new ones again by the end of the year.
栓绳一天都撑不了了
The tether didn't even last for a day.
那如果
W-What if --
乔纳 他们说了别无他法
Jonah, they said there's no other way, okay?
总会有别的办法的
T-There's always another way.
爸妈去世的时候你就是这么说的
That's what you said when Mom and Dad died.
我很害怕因为
I-I was scared because of
没有人愿意收养我这种情况的人
how many people want to adopt somebody with my condition...
你说你会找到办法的 你做到了
and you said that you'd find a way, and you did.
你为了照顾我从法学院退学
You quit law school so you could take care of me.
你还是可以大展宏图
You can still have big plans. Okay?
在这里的社区上课
Take classes here at community co-
那不是我想要的
That's not what I want!
必须想想别的办法
There has to be something else.
做脊柱切除术
A vertebral column resection.
-那是什么 -谢博德医生
- What's that? - Dr. Shepherd!
我们要移除导致弯曲的椎骨
We would remove the vertebrae causing the curvature
用钛笼代替它
and replace it with a titanium cage
这样可以保护你的脊髓
that would protect your spinal cord.
这是一项非常危险和复杂的手术
It's a very risky, very complex surgery
有很多潜在的并发症
with many potential complications.
可能导致瘫痪 甚至死亡
It could result in paralysis, even death.
但如果它奏效了呢
But if it works?
它将永久性地矫正畸形
It would permanently correct the deformity.
你现在就能做这个手术吗
You can -- You can do it now?
-我不建议 -是的
- I don't recommend it. - Yes.
这有风险
It is risky.
但如果你觉得这是你想要的 我们可以做
But if you decide that it's what you want, we could do it.
我要做这个手术
I want it.
不不 不行
No, no, no, no way.
哥们 你拥有一切
Look, man. You've -- Y-You had everything.
耶鲁法学院 朋友成群
Yale Law School, tons of friends,
一个很棒的女友
an awesome girlfriend.
你甚至是那个诡异的极限飞盘队的队长
Y-Y-You were even c-captain of that weird ultimate Frisbee team.
我们可是联盟冠军
Hey, man, we were -- we were league champions.
你放弃了一切
You gave up everything.
现在你的一切就是医院食品和等待室
Now you have h-hospital food and waiting rooms.
我喜欢医院的炸薯条
I like the fries here.
你是世界上最好的哥哥
You're the world's best brother.
真的 你是我心中的英雄
Okay? Y-You're my personal hero.
可是我成年了
But I'm 18.
我想要做这个手术 无论如何我都要做
I want this surgery, and I'm gonna do it no matter what.
但我希望你能支 支持我
But I'd rather have you on -- on my side.
我不能连你也失去
I can't lose you, too.
你不会失去我
You're not gonna lose me.
这不是我生命的终点
This isn't the part where I die.
这是我的勇敢得到回报的时刻
This is the part where I'm brave and it pays off.
看看她
Look at her.
看看她的眼睛
Look at her eyes.
她在说她能做到
She says she can do it.
下一次见 弟弟
Until next time, brother.
下一次见
Until next time.
他问了自己有哪些选择
He asked about his options.
我们可能导致他瘫痪
We could paralyze him.
我们刚刚已经弄瘫一位女士了
A woman just became quadriplegic on our table.
那超出了我们的控制
That was out of our control.
没错 我们不能保证
Exactly. There are no guarantees.
必须把病人的利益摆在第一位
Our patient has to come first.
我把他放在第一位了 这是他想要的
I am putting him first. This is what he wants.
这是你想要的
This is what you want
因为你还是想要证明一些事情
because you've still got something to prove.
我需要找别人和我一起做这个手术吗
Do I need to find someone else to do this with me?
因为我会找的
Because I will.
艾米莉娅 我是说这是个难过的夜晚
Amelia, I'm saying it's been...A rough night.
我是说你姐姐们像对待青少年一样待你
I'm saying y-your sisters just treated you like a teenager.
她们质疑你的医术
They questioned your surgical skills.
我不在乎她们怎么想
I can't care what they think.
你觉得你不在乎
You think you don't care?!
我一整晚都装作我是欧文
I just spent the night pretending I was Owen!
这和她们无关 我不会让她们来定义我
This is not about them! I cannot let them define me!
如果我让她们这样 我就还是家里的捣乱鬼
If I did, I would still be the messed-up baby of the family,
还会变回和她们在一起时的老样子
the person that I revert to when I am with them.
但这不是我
And that is not who I am!
我知道
I know that!
我是在问你自己知不知道
I'm asking if you know that.
我是在问你还好吗
I'm asking if you're okay.
我是在问 你是否确定
I'm asking if you are sure
你做这个手术不是为了
you're not doing this surgery to prove something
向那些根本不了解你的人证明自己
to people who clearly have no understanding of you at all.
乔纳值得拥有一个
Jonah deserves a life
没有无尽手术的人生
that is more than a cycle of surgery after surgery.
这是他想要的
It's what he wants.
而我知道我能做到
And I know I can do it.
好吧
Okay.
脊柱已取出
Vertebral column's out.
给我钛笼
Get me the titanium cage.
分离脊髓的时候小心些
Careful of distraction on the cord.
刚刚没有信♥号♥♥了
We just lost the signal.
融合器抻的太远
The cage spread too far.
脊髓牵拉过度了
There's too much traction on the spinal cord.
他瘫痪了
He's paralyzed.
那我们转回到失去信♥号♥♥之前的位置
So we revert to where we were before we lost signal.
谢博德医生
Dr. Shepherd
拜托了
Please.
有信♥号♥♥了
Signal's back.
没事了
I got it.
他没有瘫痪
He is not paralyzed.
神经功能没有受损 你感觉如何
No neurological deficits. How do you feel?
感觉我要去加州了
Like I'm going to Cali.
他需要卧床多久
How long should he, uh, stay off his feet?
一两天吧 走路对他有好处
A day or two. It's good for him to walk.
但是不要太着急
Ease into it, though.
你的医生们会负责你的后续治疗
Your doctors here will oversee your follow-up,
但你知道怎么联♥系♥我们
but you know how to reach us.
等一下 所以就这样了
Wait. So that's it?
你们拯救了我的一生然后就这么走了
You guys change my whole damn life and then you just leave?
你可以来看我们呀
Well, come see us.
坐一趟短途飞机就到西雅图了
Seattle is a short plane ride away from Berkeley.
确实
True.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢你们
Thank you guys for...
给了我未来
giving me a future.
你非常勇敢
You were brave.
所以得到了回报
And it paid off.
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表