- Hey. - Hi.
-这是我兄弟布雷迪 -你好
- Uh, this is my brother Brady. - Hi.
我本想把他留在家里 但他是我的座驾
You know, I-I would've left him at home, but he's my ride.
乔纳·梅斯 十八岁
Jonah Mays, 18.
六岁时被诊断出渐进性脊柱后凸
He was diagnosed with progressive kyphoscoliosis at age 6.
他的T4到L5脊椎经受了
He's had multiple posterior spine fusions
多次后脊柱融合手术来矫正脊柱弯曲
with instrumentation from T4 to L5 to correct the curvature.
那几乎是我的整条脊柱
Yeah, it's, uh, pretty much my entire spinal cord.
我在十二年里做过十五次手术
I've had...15 surgeries in 12 years.
有些是因为生长 有些是因为病情的恶化
Some due to growth, some due to the condition's progression.
金属棒直接穿透他的皮肤
Yeah, the metal rods bust right through his skin.
-我们能看看吗 -可以
- Can we take a look? - Yeah.
你会得到很好的治疗 乔纳
You're in good hands, Jonah.
我不打扰你们了
I'll leave you to it.
看起来骨头的变形程度
Looks like the degree of angulation
已经将硬件推离螺栓
has pushed the hardware off the bolts.
但你 你可以修复 对吗
But you -- you can fix that, though, right?
林肯医生和我会移除这些金属棒
Dr. Lincoln and I will remove the rods.
我们将插入一条尼龙绳 稳定你的脊椎
We'll insert a nylon tether, which will stabilize your spine.
会留出生长空间 意味着未来的手术会少些
It'll allow room for growth, which means fewer surgeries in the future.
很好 因为 我有重要的计划
Good. 'Cause, uh, you know, I've got big plans.
我要搬去加利福利亚
I'm moving to California.
我刚得到加州大学伯克利分校的录取
I just got accepted to UC Berkeley.
美国芝加哥橄榄球队
-芝加哥熊队 加油 -恭喜你
- Go, Bears! - Congratulations.
-谢谢你 -一步 一步一步来 兄弟
- Thank you. - One, uh -- One step at a time, bro.
你很担心 我知道
You're worried. I get it.
谁会带你去做物理治疗
I mean, w-who would take you to physical therapy
确保你按时去看医生
and make sure that you got to the doctor's on time?
对了 没错
Oh, yeah, that's right.
这是你一直为我做的
That's what you've always done for me.
-但我不需要那么多了 好吗 -好的
- But I won't need it as much, all right? - Okay.
我们量好了你的尺寸
We've got your measurements.
和你的片子比较后
We will be back to prep you for surgery
-我们会回来为你准备手术 -好的
- after we compare them to the scans. - Okay.
看来我们能用电视胸腔镜手术来固定T3的螺栓【
Looks like we can use a vats to anchor the bolts at T3.
正如我们计划的一样
Just like we planned.
五点应该可以结束
Should be done by 5:00.
在我们回西雅图之前
Ah, that gives us almost another 24 hours
就有将近24小时的观察时间
of observation before we head back to Seattle.
真是好消息
That's amazing news!
我刚想给你留言 让你
I was just gonna leave you a note, trying to --
什么什么 什么好消息
What? What? Uh, what's amazing? What?
我刚听你说离你航♥班♥起飞至少还有24小时
I just heard you say it's at least 24 hours till your flight leaves,
那你可以来吃晚饭
so you can come for dinner.
约翰和孩子们去北部看他妈妈了
John and the kids are upstate visiting his mom,
所以家里会很安静
so it'll be quiet.
我会做你喜欢的巧克力奶油派
I'll make your favorite chocolate cream pie.
我 我不吃糖或者麸质食品了
I -- I no longer eat, um, sugar or gluten.
我不接受你的拒绝
I'm not taking no for an answer.
-好吧 做你的派吧 -很好
- Fine, make the pie. - Good.
过来时发短♥信♥通知我
Text me when you're on your way.
-一会儿见 -等不及了
- See ya! - Can't wait!
那 你喜欢派 对吗
So... you like pie, right?
在大厅里待五分钟是一♥码♥事
Five minutes in the lobby is one thing.
晚饭是个馊主意 我不去
Dinner is a terrible idea, and I'm not going.
我不能让我一人去 就像是
You can't make me go alone -- it's like sending
派小红帽去拜访大灰狼
Red Riding Hood to visit the wolf.
我会在城里吃披萨和甜甜圈
I'll be having pizza and donuts in the city.
-欢迎你加入... -我在求你
- You're more than welcome to join... - I'm begging.
是我在求你 求人的我是不是很乖
This is me begging. Aren't I cute when I beg?
克里本医生 请拨19号♥分机
Dr. Kripen, call extension 19.
好了 乔纳 术前时间到
Okay, Jonah. Pre-op time.
我们要走了吗
Are we leaving now?
为什么这样问 你要赢了吗
Why? You winning?
是的 但也是因为 布雷迪去了餐厅
Yeah. But, uh, also... Brady went to the cafeteria.
他说他要去买♥♥个苹果
He said he was gonna go get an apple,
但我保证他会拿着薯条回来
but, uh, I guarantee you he comes back with fries.
自从我们父母六年前在一场车祸去世后
You know, we have this thing about saying bye to each other
我们就有了互相道别的习惯
ever since our parents died six years ago in a car accident.
这很戏剧性也很悲剧 就和你现在的表情一样
And, yeah, it was as dramatic and tragic as your face is right now.
抱歉 我
Oh, sorry. I --
我会注射一些药物让你放松
I'm gonna give you something to relax you,
林肯医生会给你做手术标记
and Dr. Lincoln is going to mark you for surgery.
-行 -你在加州大学伯克利分校读什么
- Cool. - What are you gonna study at Cal?
环境科学 或者文学
Uh, environmental science. Or literature.
或者是我从未听过的学科 我不确定
Or something I haven't heard of before. I-I'm not sure.
文艺复兴 很棒
Renaissance man. Nice.
学习不知道的知识
Yeah, well, you know, uh, knowing what you don't know
是开悟的第一步
is the first step to enlightenment.
你会很快适应伯克利的
You will fit right in at Berkeley.
你一直都知道自己想成为一名医生吗
So, did you always know you wanted to be a doctor?
我有四个哥哥姐姐都是医生
I have four older siblings who are all doctors.
我不确定自己是否想过要做别的事情
I'm not sure it ever occurred to me to do anything else.
我就说嘛
Ah, told ya!
-薯条 -你要吗
- Fries. - You want one?
我不用 谢了
I'm good, thanks.
乔纳准备好做手术了
Uh, but Jonah's good to go.
好的 帮我拿一下好吗
Got it, okay. Uh, hold these for me?
谢谢医生
Thanks, Doc.
下一次见 兄弟
Till next time, brother.
下次见
Until next time.
给你 拿好
Here. And, uh, take that.
你得好好练练了 等我下次见你的时候
You need practice, 'cause the next time I see you,
一定会完爆你
I'm-a kick your butt for real.
好啊
Okay.
好啦
All right.
各项指标看上去都还不错
Signal looks good.
不错 角度看上去也不错
Good. Angle looks good.
所以 你对什么食物过敏吗
So...any food allergies?
南茜会想知道
Nancy will want to know.
无所谓 因为我根本不会去
Doesn't matter because I'm not going.
求你了
Please?
别误会我 求情的你虽然很可爱
The begging is cute -- don't get me wrong.
但我依然不会去
And still, no.
你也不应该去
You shouldn't go, either.
生命太短暂了
Life's too short.
如果我不去的话
Life is too short
我的生命才是会变得非常短暂
for what it will turn into if I don't go.
只需要和南茜吃一次饭
One dinner with Nancy,
我家人几个月都不会再来烦我了
and I avoid months of family gossip and drama.
他们已经认为我的生活一团糟了
They already think I'm a train wreck.
他们错了
Well, they're wrong.
你是刚认识我吗
Have you met me?
我可是艾米莉娅·谢博德
Amelia Shepherd.
千万不能告诉我家人我离婚了
Never told my family I got divorced.
准备好接栓绳了吗
Ready to attach the tether?
所以他们都不了解你
So they don't get you.
怎么 他们因为你和欧文私奔就生气了吗
And what -- they're mad because you and Owen eloped?
我们没有私奔 我们举办了婚礼
We didn't elope. We had a wedding.
而且也邀请了他们 但他们都没来
They were invited. They just didn't come.
等下 没有一个姐姐去参加你的婚礼
Wait. None of your sisters were there?
我妈也没去
Or my mom.
哥哥也没去
Or brother.
但不计较他了
He gets a pass.
是因为他出国了吗
Out of the country?
死了 估计躺在棺材里也不愿意我嫁给欧文
Dead. But probably judging me from the grave.
很复杂
It's complicated.
你们家兄弟姐妹关系真复杂
That's some serious sibling rivalry.
不是所有家庭都像乔纳和布雷迪一样和睦
Well, not every family is Jonah and Brady.
那为什么还要去吃饭
So why go to this dinner?
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表