我们看了原版的影视作品 很喜欢
Ah, saw the original cast. Loved it.
不过书就不太喜欢了 所以不用再说了
Not a big fan of the book, though, so...we're all set.
那边几英里有一家餐厅
There's a diner... A few miles up.
有着奇怪的绿色屋顶
Weird green roof?
名字叫艾拉餐厅
Ira's?
我们就去那谈一次
One conversation.
然后我再也不会来打扰你了
And you will never hear from me again.
一位
Just one.
这边请
Oh, right this way.
我给您加热一下吧
Can I get you a warm-up?
这里的咖啡很难喝
The coffee here sucks.
我也发现了
I've noticed.
我上班迟到了
I'm late for work. Um...
我在市长办公室工作
I work in the mayor's office.
努力为不受重视的社区创造就业机会
Try to create jobs for under-served communities.
我很抱歉 你敲了我的门
I'm sorry. You knocked on my door.
-我不会 -你有栋房♥子
- I don't -- - You have a house --
一栋非常漂亮的房♥子
a really beautiful house.
谢谢你这么说
Thank you...?
你有孩子 丈夫 还有狗
And kids and a husband and a dog
还有皇冠的装饰
and crown frickin' moldings.
你需要钱吗 如果是关于钱的问题
Do you need money? If this is about money --
我不需要你的臭钱
I don't need your damn money.
谢谢
Thank you.
听着 我不太确定你想要什么
Look, I'm not quite sure what you expected --
我以为你在一家比这还烂的餐厅工作
In my head, you worked at a diner half as nice as this.
你高中没毕业
And you didn't graduate high school,
又或许你毕业了 只是迟了一两年
or maybe you did but a year or two late
因为他们不让怀孕的女孩读完高中
'cause they don't let pregnant girls finish high school.
你只是勉强度日
And you scraped by somehow on...
靠着辛勤工作和陌生人的善意
hard work and the kindness of strangers,
但你身边没人陪你
but you had no one.
你一无所有
You had nothing.
如果是那样我就可以丢下你吗
That would make it okay that I left you?
我想让你过上比我能给你的更好的生活
I wanted you to have a better life than I could give you --
我幻想过你说这句话
Now, that part I heard in my head.
我觉得这是一部电视电影作品的台词
I think it came from a made-for-TV movie.
我也意识到了
No, I-I-I realized it
就在它从我嘴里冒出来那一刻
the minute it came out of my mouth, yes, um...
但我是真心实意的
But it's true.
我真的以为你会过得更好
I really thought that you'd be better off --
他们叫什么名字
What are their names?
你说什么
I'm sorry?
你的孩子们
Your kids.
在你完美的厨房♥里吃着麦片的弟弟妹妹
My brother and sister eating cereal in your perfect kitchen.
他们叫什么名字
What are their names?
亚历山大上高中了
Alexandria is a senior in high school,
乔什十岁了
and, uh, Josh is in 10th.
还有你丈夫 他是会计吗
And your husband, the, what, the...accountant?
律师
Lawyer.
他是我父亲吗
Is he my father?
不
No.
不是 他和你父亲一点都不...
No, he is nothing like -- no.
我是在读研究生的时候认识他的
No, I met my husband in grad school.
他的叫丹尼尔
His name is Daniel.
丹尼尔
Daniel.
挺好
That's nice.
真是太好了
That's really nice.
我知道你现在肚子里一团火
You know, I-I -- I appreciate a girl with fire in her belly,
我没有过上更好的生活
I didn't have a better life.
我过得并不好
I wasn't better off.
没人替我找到一对有爱的父母
No one found me adoring parents
渴望为自己的孩子付出所有爱的父母
who were dying for a newborn of their own to love.
我住在很糟糕的寄养家庭里
I lived in foster homes so bad,
那些所谓的家还不如我的车
it was better to live in my car.
而当终于等到有人告诉我他爱我的时候
And when a man finally told me that he loved me,
我相信了他
I believed him,
即使他把我打得眼睛都看不见了
even when he beat the crap out of me so bad I couldn't see.
所以不管你之前的生活怎样
So whatever life you had,
请告诉我你过得比我差
tell me it wasn't better than mine.
我该走了
I should go.
至少你很始终如一地抛弃我
At least you're consistent.
你来这儿就是为了惩罚我的吗
Did you honestly come here to punish me?
那你成功了
Consider it done.
我来这儿是因为我对自己的身份一无所知
I came because I don't know anything about where I'm from,
我想知道
and I want to know.
我的
My, um...
父亲是纯爱尔兰人
father's side is pure Irish.
我 我的母亲是俄♥罗♥斯♥犹太和意大利混血
My -- My -- My mother is Russian Jew and Italian.
我是通过基因检测查出来的
I got all that from spitting in a tube.
我母亲的父母
My mother's parents...
在她年轻时就因为
died when she was young --
心脏病和癌症过世了
heart disease and cancer.
恐怕这会有些遗传
So I'm afraid that's in the mix.
据我所知 我应该没有精神病史
Uh, there's no history of mental illness that I'm aware --
我不是想知道这些
That's not what I'm asking.
那你想知道什么
Then what do you want to know?
我不能通过基因检测所了解的
Something I can't get from spitting in a tube!
我 我在堪萨斯的一个农场里长大
I, um -- I grew up on a farm in Kansas.
我对童年只有一些关于鸡群
My childhood is a blur of chickens and
和在田野里唱歌♥的记忆
singing songs out in the field
在我本该帮我母亲做各种家务活的时候
when I should've been helping my mother.
我连续四年获得了拼字大赛冠军
I was spelling bee champion for four years in a row.
我喜欢迷迭香的味道 我数学很差
I love the smell of rosemary. I'm terrible at math.
这些有用吗 这些对你有用吗
Does that help? Does that help you at all?
你现在知道你是谁了吗
Do you know who you are now?
算了
Forget it.
就告诉我谁是我父亲 我会去尽力去找他
Just tell me who my father is, and I will try and find him.
你找不到他的
You can't.
他死了
He's dead.
天啊 这位女士
Geez, lady.
你难道不应该态度好点吗
You don't want to, I don't know, soften it a little?
对不起 但那个伤害我
Well, I'm sorry, but that son of a bitch who hurt me
比其他任何人都深的畜生
more than any other human being ever has...
死于十年前的一场摩托车事故
died in a motorcycle accident 10 years ago.
尽管不是我想要的那种死法
Not the way that I would've hoped.
我希望他可以被火蚁一点一点的吃掉
I would've preferred that he had been eaten by fire ants
或者被五马分尸 但是
or pulled apart limb from limb, but --
你天生是个怪物吧
You're just a monster, huh?
请坐下
Please sit down.
抛弃我还不够
Abandoning me wasn't enough,
你还要把这伤口一点一点的撕开吗
you just have to spread the pain around a little bit?
坐下
Sit down.
你刚刚所说的那个人 是我的父亲
That's my father - that you're talking about.
不 不是的 他伤害了我
No, it's not. He hurt me --
我很遗憾你没有和青梅竹马终成眷属
I'm so sorry that your childhood sweetheart didn't pan out.
-非常抱歉 -他伤害了我
- So sorry. - He hurt me.
请坐下 好吗
Please sit down, okay?
请坐下
Please sit down.
他是个助教
He was a TA...
在我上大一的时候
...when I was a freshman in undergrad.
他追了我好几个星期想约会
He chased after me for weeks for a date.
他给我送花 不停示爱
He, um, sent me flowers and proclamations
最后 我答应了
until, finally, I said yes.
我答应 我答应跟他约会
I said -- I said yes to that date.
我答应 跟他一起去
I said...yes to going...
布雷登观景台看日落
to Braden's Point to watch the sunset.
然后
And...
然后他开始吻我 摸我
Then he started kissing me and touching me.
我拒绝了
And I said no.
剧集 | 实习医生格蕾 | 导航列表