剧集 | 为人父母(2010) | 导航列表
And we have no viable alternatives
我们没有其他可行的办法
for kids like Max with a high IQ.
能帮助像麦克斯这样的高智商人群
Students like Max, who learn differently,
想麦克斯那样学习方式不同的学生
alongside a small group of mainstream kids--
与普通学生一起学习
we feel like we've done everything we can
我们觉得我们已经做了在现行教育体制中
within the system--
所有能做的...
these kids are so smart, and they're so full of potential.
这些学生非常聪明 他们充满了潜力
I find that having a mixed classroom like that
我发现建立一个像那样的混合班级
is more conducive for learning and better performance.
更有利于他们学习跟表现得更好
I think that's what makes me most excited
我认为我其中最让我欣喜的是
about being headmaster of this school.
出任这个学校的校长
You're projecting an enrollment of 40 students
你们打算在第一学年登记注册
in year one?
40个学生吗
Mmhmm. Correct.
嗯哼 没错
That's low.
人数太低了
If I might interject.
能让我插句话吗
That is intentional.
这是我们故意的
They're being very smart about starting small.
他们非常明智想要开办一所小型学校
As I'm sure you know,
我很确信你们知道
over half of the charters that fail each year
每年有超过半数的教师都会失败
do so because they overextend in year one.
是因为在第一学年他们所承担的责任已经远超能力之外
I understand, but we are seeing too many
我明白 可是我们已经见过
of these start-ups not make it past their first year.
太多这样的创办学校连第一年都没撑过去
Mmhmm. Funding is based on enrollment
嗯哼 资金是取决于注册人数的
and you won't have enough money to cover operations.
你们这样学校是维持不下去的
Well, since they're serving the special needs community,
既然他们是为了照顾特殊群体额需求
they actually qualify for selpa, so that will more than cover--
而且他们有能力取得教育资格 所以会有不止...
I don't recall seeing selpa in this petition report.
我没有在他们的申请里看到教育资格相关内容
It's new. I filed it as a supplement.
这是新的 我将其作为补充材料上交了
You'll see appendix e. So if you look there,
你可以在附录E篇看到 只要你看了这儿
between traditional ada funding, block grants, and selpa,
传统教育基金 年度拨款 以及教育资格
we'll actually have quite a surplus in year one,
我们就不难在第一学年有盈余
which is great.
这样非常棒
They have a cushion going into year two.
他们有把握能撑到第二学年
Then they can add a grade level.
然后就可以增加年级了
I see. Well, that definitely helps.
我明白了 这肯定大有帮助
Well, how certain are you that you can find
那你们如何确保你们能
40 students to enroll?
招收到40个学生入学呢
Kristina and Adam got 271 parent signatures
克里斯蒂娜跟亚当在他们的申请书上
on their petition when the law requires 20.
得到了271位家长的签名 而法律上只要求了20位
Kristina ran as a complete unknown for mayor of Berkeley
克里斯蒂娜作为一个名不见经传的人去参加了市长竞选
and nearly ran away with the thing.
而且还差点就竞选成功了
It won't be a problem.
所以这个不成问题
But if you don't want to approve now,
但如果你们现在不相赞同的话
I'm happy to file an appeal.
我很乐意起草一份呼吁书
I was a corporate lawyer.
我曾经是位公♥司♥法律顾问
I love paperwork.
我很爱文书工作的
I'll refile once a week if I have to.
如果有必要的话我可以一周起草一份
Have I shown you this? What?
我给你看过了吗 什么
"Tapscott interiors." $14,000?
塔普斯科特内部价 一万四千美元
That's the estimate for the hardwood floors.
那是对硬木地板的估价
It's hardwood floors. The other bid was 16,000.
这是硬木地板 其他的标价是一万六千没有
Really? It's not goldwood flooring.
真的吗 又不是黄金木地板
I don't have the money.
我没有钱
I don't--I don't have 14 grand.
我...我拿不出一万四
Carpeting?
铺地毯如何
I need a loan.
我得贷款
I need to borrow some money from the company.
我要从公♥司♥里借点钱出来
We don't have $14,000 laying around, Crosby.
我们公♥司♥账户里没有那么多钱 克劳斯比
How do we not have 14,000?
我们怎么会来拿一万四千块都没有
We don't have 14,000 because when we got those songs back,
我们没有钱是因为我们买♥♥回了那些歌♥的版权
we gave away all those fees, and now we're paying for this party.
我们付了那么多费用 现在我们还要支出派对的开支
That's our slush fund. That's it.
那是我们的贿赂基金 就是这样
You're telling me that this party is the reason
你的意思是说派对就是造成
we don't have 14,000 at our disposal?
我们没有一万四千块钱的根本原因吗
Why don't you just calm down?
我们何不先冷静下来再说
Once they go on tour with four-D,
一旦我们成功参加了四世代的巡演
we're gonna have the money,
我们就会有钱了
and you're gonna be able to pay for your flooring.
你就能付得起你的地板钱了
Once they go on tour with four-d.
一旦我们参加了四世代的巡演
You heard his reaction to that. Yeah?
你难道没听到他是什么反应吗 听到了又如何
So you're telling me my hardwood floors are dependent
你这是在跟我说我的硬木地板
on Oliver Rome, that narcissistic maniac,
取决于那个自我陶醉的疯子奥利弗·罗马
deciding to go on a tour
决不决定去参加一个
that he has flat-out said he's not gonna go on.
他已经明确表态说不会参加了的巡演
Yes.
没错
Look, just enjoy a little more togetherness with mom and dad.
我们先来庆祝老爸老妈能够和睦相处
They signed on the house!
他们已经签名卖♥♥了他们的房♥子诶
They did?
他们已经签字儿了
Yes! My family is effectively homeless.
没错 我的家人现在已经无家可归了
Wait a second, they're selling the house?
等等 他们把房♥子给卖♥♥了
Yes.
没错
I can't believe this. So Iyou know
我不信 那我...
can I get, for a very short period of time,
我能从你那儿得到一笔短期的
a bro-loan?
兄弟贷款吗
No, you can't.
不 不能
I don't have the money. What?
我没那么多钱 什么
Haddie's going to Cornell.
海蒂念康奈尔大学去了
It's costing me a fortune.
这花了我好大一笔钱
She should have went to state school.
她应该去念州立大学的
How many of those did you take?
你拿了多少个
12.
12个
The dining hall ladies were getting suspicious,
食堂的阿姨开始起疑了
so I had to stop.
所以我只好住手了
You know that there's not a freezer in the mini-fridge
你知道我们那个迷你冰箱
that we have?
没有冷冻室的吧
You serious? Yeah. No.
你说真的吗 真的 没有
There's never been one.
一直都没有
Well, here, take one.
给 你吃一个
Let's finish these before we get back.
我们回寝室之前得把它们给吃完
I'm gonna say something,
我得说两句
and you might throw a beer at me again.
你或许听了之后又得朝我身上扔啤酒
What?
什么
I messed that up for you, and I'm sorry.
那件事是我搞砸的 我很抱歉
But you kind of messed it up first.
不过一开始其实是你自己先搞砸的
All that's not really on her.
这一切都不怪她
It's on you.
而是怪你自己
Hi. Hey.
嗨 嘿
Hi. You got a minute to... Talk?
嗨 你有时间...谈谈吗
Yeah. I just saw you at work.
行啊 我才在上班的时候见过你诶
Yeah. Yeah, I know.
嗯 是 我知道
This is not--not like shop talk.
这不是...不是行话
Oh.
哦
You don't think, like, around the shop
你不会觉得在店里的时候
we've been walking on egg shells the last couple days?
我们最近几天是在如履薄冰吧
Oh... I don't know.
哦 我不知道
Because of what you said about Yeah.
因为你说了... 我知道
Yeah. Yeah, that.
对 对 那件事
It's okay.
没关系
Yeah. Well, no.
嗯 不是
It's not okay.
有关系
It's not okay. I messed up.
很有关系 我搞砸了
Listen, I'm sorry that I moved out on you.
我真的很抱歉搬离了你
I-I really, uh...
我...我真的...
I'm sorry about how you felt about it too.
你对那件事的感受我也很抱歉
Thank you. It's okay.
谢谢 没关系
Well, you were right, though.
但你说得对
It was just a crappy thing to do.
确实是件很讨厌的事
And, um...
而且...
Look, it's in the past, you know.
这都是过去的事儿了
剧集 | 为人父母(2010) | 导航列表