剧集 | 为人父母(2010) | 导航列表
With all due respect,I think Caroline
出于尊重 我觉得卡洛琳
was talking about the school system now,
是在讨论现在的教育体制
not when you were there.
而不是你当时的教育体制
Sorry, so, Caroline,how old is your daughter?
抱歉 卡洛琳 你的女儿现在多大
She's ten, and I have an eight-year-old son.
她十岁了 我还有个八岁的儿子
Aww.
哦~
I have a son, Max.He's 13.
我也有个儿子 叫麦克斯 今年十三岁
And, um, he was in the public school system.
他之前也是在公立学校念书
He was, and then he went to private.
然后他转去了私立学校
Now he's back in public.
现在又回到了公立学校
So when I say that I understand what you're going through,
所以当我说我理解你的处境的时候
believe me, my husband and I,
相信我 我跟我丈夫
we understand what you're going through completely.
我们完全理解你在经历着什么
You know, people say
当有人说
that the Berkeley public school system
囊括了的公立教育体制
is one of the best in the state,
是全州最好的体制的时候
and I tend to agree with that.
我确实也同意此观点
And while they work for most kids,
但这只是对于大多数大孩子来说
what Caroline and I understand
我跟卡洛琳所理解的
is what works for some kids
是这种体制
doesn't always work for all kids,
并不是适用于所有孩子
like your Emma and my Max.
比如说 艾玛和我儿子
And if that isn't the case,
要是这不重要的话
then I feel like the system is broken.
那我觉得这红体制已经不完善了
My son has asperger's syndrome,
我儿子患有艾斯伯格症候群
and my husband and I have fought the system
我跟我丈夫在这种体制中
time and time again
争取了一次又一次
to make sure he gets what he needs,
只是为了确保他能满足他的需求
that he's not overlooked.
而不是被忽视
And I can see that that's how you're feeling right now.
我现在感觉得到你现在的感受
Yeah. To say the least.
对 我至少要说
You know, my son, Max,is a fighter,
我的儿子 麦克斯 他是一个战士
and I'm telling you what,
而且我告诉你
he will not give up until he gets what he wants.
要是他没有得到他想要的东西他绝不会放弃
And sometimes, as a parent,
有时候 作为一个母亲
that can be a little challenging.
在这十分具有挑战性
I'm sure you all can...
我很肯定你们都会...
[Laughter]
【笑声】
Can relate to that.
涉及至此
But on behalf of Max,
但是为了麦克斯的利益
I've become a fighter too.
我也成为了一个战士
And if I'm elected your mayor of Berkeley,
要是我能当选为贝克里的市长
I promise to fight for you.
我想你们保证 我会为你而争取
I promise to fight for your specific child,
会为你特别的孩子而争取
to make sure that she gets what she needs.
确保她能得到应有的权利
I can promise you that.
我可以向你保证
You know, I'm just gonna, um...
我想...
Okay.
好了
So sorry, I--
很抱歉 我...
I'll be right back.
马上就回来
I'd like to give you my number.
我很乐意把我的电♥话♥号♥码给你
I want you to call me.I mean that.
我想让你打给我 我是说真的
I will fight for you, and I will work for you.
我会为你争取 为你效劳
I promise.I will do whatever it takes.
我向你保证 我会不辞一切帮你
Can I give you a hug?
我能给你个拥抱吗
I just feel like I need a hug.
我只是觉得我需要一个拥抱
[Cheers and applause]
【欢呼与喝彩】
Millie!Millie! Millie!
米莉 米莉米莉
Check her out, come on.
快出来看哪
If you will,
快来看哪
what do you think?
你觉得如何
Oh, Zeek,thanks for doing this for me.
奇克 谢谢你为我做这个
Yeah.Guess what.
嗯 你猜怎么着
Contain yourself.
克制住自己啊
[Chuckles]
【嘿嘿】
Huh?
啊
Look at this.
看哪
Yep.
好了
It's beautiful.
太美了
I talked to Linda,the real estate agent,
我跟琳达讲过了 那个房♥地♥产♥代理
and I told her we weren't interested in the condo, so...
我告诉她我们对那套公♥寓♥不感兴趣了 所以...
Oh, jeez.
天呐
Well, I never said that.
我可没这样说过
Oh, come on, Zeek,I know you too well.
别这样 奇克 我可是对你了如指掌
You'd be miserable there.
你在那儿很痛苦
You'd hate it.
你讨厌那个
I'm sorry, Millie.I tried, you know?
抱歉 米莉 我努力过了 你知道吗
I know you did.
我知道你努力过了
My art class is going to Italy for a month.
我的艺术班要去意大利一个月
I've known about it for a while,
我很早之前就知道了
but I didn't say anything
但我没跟你说
because I knew you'd be uncomfortable
因为我知道你会不高兴
with my being away that long, you know.
我离开那么久的
But they leave on Friday.
他们这周五就出发
And I've decided that I wanna go.
我已经决定要去了
So...
所以...
I'm gonna go by myself.
我要一个人去了
Not bad.
还不赖嘛
Hey.
嘿
Oh, hey. What you doing?
哦 嘿 你在干嘛呢
I'm, uh--I'm embracing the minivan.
我在 我在拥抱迷你货车呢
Really? Yeah, I like it.
是吗 是的 我喜欢这玩意儿
I'm starting to--
我开始...
I've discovered some things.
我发现什么东西了
Really?Like what?
什是吗 比如呢
What do you like?Check this out.
你喜欢什么呢 看这个
Ooh!
唔
Seat reclines in the back.
后椅可以躺下来诶
Ooh, wait a minute. Are you kidding me?
等等 你耍我呢
Uhhuh. Yeah.
啊哈 这就对了嘛
Yeah, you like that, huh?
嗯 你喜欢这样是吧
Uhhuh. See?
对啊 看到没
It's not so bad, huh? It's good, right?
它没那么糟 是吧 它简直太棒了 对吧
Yeah.
对
And if I gotta own a minivan with anyone,
要是我得跟别人一起拥有一辆迷你货车
I'm glad it's you.
我很高兴那个人是你
Really?
真的吗
Yeah.
对
Oh, me too.
我也是
You too? Yes!
你也是吗 对
[Upbeat music]
【弱音拍】
Mom.
妈
Mom. - Yes, babe?
妈 在呐 宝贝
Look at this.
看这个
Huh.
哈
Mom, you won the debate.
妈 你赢了辩论赛
You're a statistical anomaly.
你在票数超常了
I am. How 'bout that?
是吗 这个如何
I'm a statistical anomaly. You always have been.
我超常了吗 你总是会的
You still have a lot of work to do
你还有好多工作要做呢
'cause you're really behind in the polls though.
因为你在民♥意♥检测上还是落后的
Well, why don't we just enjoy this,
我们为什么不享受这一刻呢
let your mom have a day off?
给你老妈放一天假
No, you don't get a day off if you work in politics.
不行 要是你从政了 就没有休息的时候了
I mean, look,you came from behind,
我是说 你看呐 你从后边上来了
and you won the debate.
你赢了辩论赛
You could actually win this thing.
你可以赢得这场竞选的
It's official, honey.You're a contender.
你现在正式成了一个竞争者了
I could actually win this thing.
我可以赢得竞选的
Yeah, you could. I could win.
当然你可以 我可以赢的
剧集 | 为人父母(2010) | 导航列表