剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Okay. How 'bout this?
好吧 不如这样
When I joined Reed, Strauss, and Associates
我加入里德斯特拉斯联合公♥司♥
almost eight years ago...
快八年了
Before your name was on the door...
在你管事之前...
Guys like that fellow Gary you met this afternoon,
你今天下午见到的盖瑞那样的人
they were the real rainmakers at the firm.
他们是公♥司♥里真正说了算的人
Defending professional criminals
为罪犯辩护
is a pretty lucrative business model
是很赚钱的工作
if you can stand the smell.
如果你能忍♥受的话
Funny, you strike me as having a more refined olfactory sense.
有意思 我还以为你是忍♥不了的人
Yeah, I never swam in that end of the pool.
是啊 我从没搅过那摊浑水
I grew the litigation and transactional business,
我做打官司和业务方面的生意
opened offices in New Jersey and Connecticut
在新泽西和康涅狄格开了事务所
and finally got my name on the stationery.
终于有了现在的地位
But the Garys of the firm still bring in the big loot.
但是律所里 像盖瑞那样的人还是在赚黑钱
And I made my peace with that.
我一直视而不见
Until?
直到
A week ago, I was called into a video conference.
一周之前 我被叫去开一个视频会议
Cecilia had been arrested,
塞西莉亚被捕了
and Leo wanted the firm to take care of it.
里奥想让律所摆平这事
But Gary didn't want to take the lead on the case.
但是盖瑞不想带这个案子
He felt sure that if it was him walking
他确信如果是他走上法庭
into the court to defend Leo's sister...
为里奥的妹妹辩护...
All they'd see was a mob lawyer trying to game the system.
大家只会觉得这是帮派律师想要玩弄体制
So he asked me to take the lead.
所以他让我来做
And I said no.
我拒绝了
Oh. Good girl.
好姑娘
Can I go pack now?
我能去收拾行李了吗
And then he told me, if I did it,
然后他告诉我 如果我这样做了
he would convince the other partners to let me
他会说服其他的合伙人让我
buy myself out, take my clients,
带着自己的客户走
open my own practice. Ambitious.
开展自己的事业 很有野心
I admire that.
我很欣赏这点
He had the paperwork drawn up the next day.
他第二天就让人拟好了文书
I just need him to sign it.
就差他的签名了
Except you have to win first.
只不过你得先打赢官司
I know I tricked you into coming here.
我知道我把你骗来了这里
I wasn't very transparent until it was too late.
我坦白的太迟了
But the truth is, I could really use your help.
但说实话 我真的需要你的帮助
And Cecilia, who I really care about,
我真的很关心塞西莉亚
could really use your help.
她也很需要你的帮助
There's that face again.
又是这个表情
Sorry.
抱歉
I meant to leave it in the room.
我本打算收起这副表情的
I'll see you in court.
我们法庭见
See you in court.
法庭见
We've got a problem.
我们有麻烦了
What's that?
怎么了
They don't want to serve.
他们都不想出庭的
What are you talking about? On the jury?
你是什么意思 陪审团吗
Nobody ever wants to serve.
本来就没人愿意出庭
They've seen the news. They know who's on trial.
他们都看到新闻了 知道是受审的是谁
And no one wants to wind up on the bottom of the Atlantic.
谁都不想因此失去性命
Ladies and gentlemen, this is a criminal trial.
女士们先生们 这是一起刑事案件
Is there anyone here who doesn't feel
陪审团成员中有觉得
they can be a fair and impartial member of this jury?
自己无法做到公平公正的吗
Okay.
好吧
I have a child at home and no one to take care of him.
我家里有个小孩无人照料
And how old is your son?
你儿子多大了
23.
二十三岁
My dog is very sick.
我的狗狗病得很重
My car really isn't dependable.
我的车子真的不靠谱
I actually use drugs,
其实我在使用毒品
so I'm not sure I could be objective
所以我不确认是否能够
with regards to a case that actually involved drugs.
在涉及毒品的案子里保持客观
Your Honor, may we approach?
法官大人 可以单独说两句吗
What do we... Wait. Hold on.
我们... 稍等
Clearly,
很明显
these jurors are terrified. And not without cause.
这些陪审员并非毫无缘由地受到了恐吓
I mean, we've all seen the recent rash of violence
我们都看到了最近与被告有关的
involving this defendant.
暴♥力♥冲突
Objection. This defendant has no direct connection
反对 被告与任何形式的任何暴♥力♥冲突
to any violence of any kind, and the prosecution team knows it.
均无直接关联 公诉人也知道这点
I need a jury to have a trial, folks.
各位 我需要有个陪审团才能开庭
Any thoughts about how we might proceed?
你们有什么办法吗
Okay.
好吧
Everybody out!
所有人都出去
Out!
出去
Out!
出去
I have a solution.
我有办法了
See you all back here in one hour!
一小时后见
It's an anonymous jury. A what?
是匿名陪审团 什么
An anonymous jury. They're gonna sit back here
匿名陪审团 他们会坐在后面
and watch the whole trial on television.
通过屏幕观看整个庭审
But why?
为什么要这样
So we never get to see their faces.
这样我们就看不到他们的脸了
We never know who they are.
也永远不会知道他们是谁
So, how does this work?
这怎么行得通
I mean, in terms of you doing what you do.
我是说 你要怎么做你的工作
I don't know. I've never been here before.
不知道 我没经历过这种事
Your Honor, you can't be serious. How can I be expected
法官大人 你不会是认真的吧 看不到陪审团
to mount an effective defense for my client
无法衡量他们对某个人
if I can't see the jury,
或某些话的反应
if I can't gauge their reactions to what they're hearing
我如何能够为我的客户作出
and who they're hearing it from?
有效辩护呢
Before you get too worked up,
在你太激动前我得说一下
there's precedent.
这是有先例的
U.S.v.Dinkins
美国起诉丁金斯
And how 'bout you, Counselor?
你有什么意见吗 律师
Would you like to file a complaint?
你有反对意见吗
No, we're totally on board with this arrangement.
不 我方完全认可这种安排
How amenable of you.
你们可真听话
With all due respect, Your Honor,
请恕我直言 法官大人
don't you think forcing them to hide behind a screen
难道您不觉得硬让他们躲在屏幕后面
is going to convince them they should be afraid?
就是在告诉他们应该感到恐惧吗
No. I don't think so.
不 我不这样认为
So how is this gonna work then? Are you gonna wear a hooded robe
这要怎么进行呢 您要穿上挖两个孔
with little cutouts for eyes? Pardon me?
只露眼睛的长袍吗 再说一次
Well, that's the implication, that this courtroom
这是个隐喻 意思是这个法庭
is not safe and everyone needs to hide.
不安全 所有人都需要躲起来
Well, I'm not hiding.
我不会躲起来的
I'll be in plain sight, as will you
我会正常上庭的 就像你
and all the officers of this court.
和法庭上所有的警官们一样
And this meeting is over.
讨论结束
Now let's start voir dire.
现在让我们开始吧
They can hide their faces, but they can't hide their voices,
他们虽然可以藏住脸庞 但无法藏住声音
their delivery, choice of syntax,
无法藏住说话方式 语法选择
word choice, intonation, emotional response.
词汇选择 语调和情感反应
And you can tell from that?
你能根据那些得出结论吗
Well, I think so.
是的
Are you a native Floridian?
你是佛罗里达本地人吗
Born in Vermont. Lived in Miami for 22 years.
我生于佛蒙特州 在迈阿密住了二十二年
White male. Deep, coarse voice,
白人 男性 嗓音很粗
suggests to me he's tall.
我认为他很高
Probably over 50.
大概五十多岁
And that means we want him?
所以说我们需要他吗
I need to figure this out.
我得想想
Do you have a favorite zoo animal?
你最喜欢动物园里哪种动物
Zoo animal?
动物园里的动物
Well, let me think.
让我想想
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表