剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
And then tragedy took all that away.
一场悲剧夺走了一切
John and Karen
约翰和凯伦
were driving home from a team barbecue one day, and...
在球队烧烤会结束后 开车回家 然而
But thank God
万幸的是
their son Carter had stayed behind with friends.
他们的儿子卡特和朋友一起留了下来
They rounded a bend...
他们过了一个弯道...
Must be hard to hear.
听到这些 你肯定很难过
Well, it was harder losing Karen.
失去凯伦更难过
I don't understand what this is.
我不明白这是什么
This is all part of trial science.
庭审科学的一部分
We test out your case.
我们模拟检测你的案子
Find the right strategy, narrative.
找出合适的策略和叙事技巧
My attorney isn't even here.
我的辩护律师都不在这里
Legal Aid lawyers often have
法律援助律师通常要
30 to 40 active cases.
同时处理三十到四十个案件
He doesn't need to be here.
他不必来这里
This is so surreal.
这一切太荒诞了
I lost my wife in a car accident
我在车祸中失去了妻子
and they think I'm a killer?
他们居然认为我是凶手
Karen was everything to me.
凯伦就是我的一切
If I go to jail,
如果我坐牢
my son ends up in foster care.
我儿子最终要接受寄养的
We're not gonna let that happen.
我们不会让这种事情发生的
This is a process.
这是一个过程
And it works.
可行的过程
Come on.
来
Pretty sophisticated equipment.
相当精密的设备
Not cheap, either.
价格也不便宜
Why are you doing this for me?
你们为什么要帮我
Well, it isn't charity.
这可不是做慈善
You're getting me on the good side of a judge
你给了我机会去讨好一个法官
who's presiding over a very lucrative suit next month.
她下个月将主持一起能让我赚大钱的诉讼
And I'm not giving you any of my share.
我可不会给你分一杯羹
More importantly, we don't believe
更重要的是 我们不支持
in letting people go to jail for an accident.
因为一起意外就把人送进监狱
Everyone has their reasons.
每个人都有理由
Dad?
爸爸
Hey, buddy.
你好 小伙子
Listen, I'm a little short on cash.
我现在有点缺钱
Can I settle up with you next week?
下个星期我再把钱给你 好吗
No problem. I'll see you Monday.
没问题 周一见
Bye, Carter.
再见 卡特
How was school?
在学校还好吧
Okay.
不错
So...
那么...
Brought your lawyer, huh?
把律师也带来了
I'm not a lawyer.
我不是律师
Yeah, that's right.
的确
You're probably too smart to be a lawyer.
你这么聪明 不可能是律师
Hey. Don't bias a nine-year-old.
别误导一个九岁的孩子
I'm still eight.
我才八岁
In five months and six days, I'll be nine.
再过五个月又六天 我就九岁了
All right. See you soon, Dr. Bull.
好吧 再见 布尔博士
Carter, it's time to go.
卡特 该走了
We have to get to your class.
你还要去上课呢
Nice to meet you, Carter.
很高兴认识你 卡特
Cable. You said you found something?
凯博 你说找到了一些东西
I found a troll.
我找到了一个喷子
You and I have very different definitions of "Something."
你我对"东西"的定义不同啊
This guy is on the Internet defending John,
这个人在网上为约翰辩解
saying there's more to this story.
说事情没有那么简单
How would he know?
他怎么知道
Well, that's why I started chatting with him.
所以我跟他聊了
He's pointing a finger at this guy named Trevor Dormit.
他把矛头指向一个叫特雷弗·多姆特的家伙
The state assemblyman.
本州的众议员
I asked him what Dormit had to do with the crash
我问他多姆特和这次车祸的联♥系♥
and he's being pretty evasive.
他就闪烁其词
Is Dormit on the witness list?
多姆特在证人名单上吗
No.
没有
All right.
好吧
Maybe he should be.
也许他应该在名单上
Print out everything you have on him.
把你掌握的资料都打印出来
Like on paper?
印在纸上
No. Banana leaves.
不 在香蕉叶上
Yes, on paper.
没错 印在纸上
Doing this old school.
老派做法
Gonna need the visual.
总要些看得见的东西
Line drive to left,
往左的平直球
and that's a drive and a run. Come on.
这是一个长球 投手失分 加油啊
Assemblyman Dormit.
多姆特众议员
I'm Dr. Jason Bull. I'm sorry,
我是杰森·布尔博士 不好意思
there was nobody outside there.
你的接待员不在
Marcy will be back in a minute; she'll be able to help you.
马尔西很快就回来的 她可以帮到你
This will just take a moment.
我就耽误你一会儿
Um, a friend of mine is on trial for manslaughter.
我的一个朋友正在接受审判 罪名是过失杀人
This office could look into that,
我们可以进行调查
but really that is an issue for the DA.
但这是地方检察官的事
No. I know, that's why I'm here.
我知道 所以我才来这
Because I read all these online posts,
我看了所有的这些网络帖子
and it seems you're involved in the case against John Phillips?
似乎你和约翰·菲利普斯的案子有某种关联
I don't know who that is.
我不知道那人是谁
Well, that's the guy who was in
他就是这起悲惨意外的主角
this tragic accident and he lost his wife.
他因此失去了妻子
Oh. The maniac drunk driver.
那个酒后驾车的疯子司机
And you were there. Yeah.
你当时在场 是的
Just a few cars back.
在肇事车后面 就隔了几辆车
Thank God I wasn't any closer,
感谢上帝 我离的远
or I might not be here today.
否则我今天就不在这里了
Well, I don't know if you realize John was driving home
你是否知道 约翰开车回家前
from his eight-year-old son's baseball game.
看了他八岁的儿子的棒球比赛
A lot of criminals are fathers, sadly.
很多罪犯都是父亲 这很悲哀
Well, he's...
他...
not a drunk driver.
不是酒后驾车
Not a maniac, certainly, not a criminal at all.
当然也不是疯子 更加不是一名罪犯
He's just a single father now.
如今他只是一名单亲爸爸
He's lost his wife.
他失去了妻子
You can leave your information with Marcy.
你可以把这些资料留给马尔西
Okay. Sorry.
好吧 打扰了
One... one last question.
最后一个问题
Are you the chief sponsor
你是拿骚县道路改造法案的
of the road improvement bill for Nassau County?
主要发起人吗
Because it seems
因为 似乎通过将
that you stand to benefit greatly
约翰的事故定性为犯罪行为
from characterizing John's accident as a criminal act.
你能从中获得巨大的好处
In fact, it seems you're
实际上 似乎你才是
the reason John's on trial in the first place.
约翰受审的幕后推手
Marcy. Yes, sir?
马尔西 什么事 先生
Call security, please.
叫保安
This man's refused repeated instructions
这个人在我多次要求下
to leave the office.
依然拒绝离开办公室
He might be armed.
他可能携带武器
Right away, sir.
我这就去 先生
That won't be necessary.
不必了
You know, before you came in here,
告诉你 你来之前
I was on the fence about taking the time
我还在犹豫 要不要抽出时间
to testify against Phillips,
出庭指证菲利普斯
but now, I guess, I'll see you in court.
不过现在我想 咱们法庭上见
I'm looking forward to that.
我非常期待
Hey there, Marissa, I'm putting you on speaker.
玛丽莎 我开了免提
How'd you get Dormit to testify?
你是怎么让多姆特出庭作证的
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表