剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
Why?
为什么
Simple... the evidence led to Richard,
这很明显 种种证据显示他有罪
and he caved within a day. Half a day.
一天不到他就认罪了 最多坚持了半天
But the research says it's much more complicated.
但是研究显示事情没这么简单
Even when they know they're innocent,
即使知道自己无罪
60% of people will end up confessing
当种种证据都对他们不利的时候
when told there's overwhelming evidence against them.
百分之六十的人都会自证有罪
60%?
有百分之六十
25% of convicts who are exonerated
事实上百分之二十五的无罪释放者
actually confessed.
都曾经自证有罪
I just can't imagine confessing to a murder I didn't commit.
我无法想象自己会承认从来没有犯下的罪行
And that, my dear Cable, is what we are up against.
凯博 这就是我们要对抗的现象
Everything else in this case is circumstantial.
这个案子里的所有证据都是旁证
But when it comes to false confessions,
但是当嫌疑犯承认自己没犯下的的罪行
it's tricky.
事情就有些难办
People know they happen; they just don't know how.
人们知道这种事情时有发生 但是不明白原因
If we focus solely on the confession,
如果我们只关注供词
we're missing the bigger picture.
就遗漏了关键部分
People know... Isaac, take a breath.
人们知道... 艾萨克 深呼吸
Dr. Bull, I don't think you
布尔博士 我觉得你
appreciate the opportunity this case gives us.
不明白这个案子是个多么好的机会
Yes, I do.
我明白
And there's a time and a place for that.
但是你要在合时宜的时候说
This is not the time.
现在不合时宜
Our job is to get Richard a not-guilty verdict.
我们的任务是让理查德取得无罪判决
And our mock trial has told us that
我们的模拟庭审表明
we get that by focusing on the confession.
我们要把重点放在认罪上
How do we show the confession was coerced?
我们要怎样表现出他是被强迫认罪的
In voir dire.
通过预先审查
We need to find people
我们要找一些
who can relate to being coerced.
能够理解被强迫是什么滋味的人
And then, Isaac, you and I
然后 艾萨克
are gonna figure out what techniques were used
我们要弄清楚他们都用了什么手段
to make Richard give that false confession.
让理查德决定做出虚假供述
Then all we have to do is get the jury to understand
然后我们要让陪审团明白
that if they were in the came circumstances,
如果他们处于这样的情况之下
they might make a false confession.
也可能做出虚假供述
Chunk, Cable, prepare for an 11-hour footage fest.
特朗科 凯博做好连续十一小时录像的准备
Cull through every minute of Richard's interrogation.
理查德审讯当中的每一分钟都不要放过
I'll make the popcorn.
我去准备爆米花
No butter. Also, log every technique used
不要奶油 还有 把审讯当中的所有
during the interrogation, would you?
手段都记下来 可以吗
Danny. Yeah?
丹尼 怎么了
They never found the rebar used to kill Layla.
他们没找到杀害莱拉的钢筋
I'll check the crime scene. Nice.
我会检查一下犯罪现场 很好
Our culture is reaching a breaking point, Dr. Bull.
我们马上就要取得突破了 布尔博士
So am I, Isaac.
我也要取得突破了 艾萨克
Here's the thing. You know what's better than being right?
这么说吧 你知道什么比正确更棒吗
Being right and winning.
正确且胜利
So save your speech until you're on those courthouse steps
把你的演讲留到正式开庭
with your vindicated client by your side.
跟你清白的客户分享吧
Okay?
好吗
Do you have a blue suit? No.
你有蓝色的西装吗 没有
Okay.
好吧
Chunk, we got to get him a better suit.
特朗科 我们得给他弄件像样的西装
Detective Murphy, thanks for running me through the crime scene.
墨菲警探 谢谢你带我来看犯罪现场
You didn't have to. Yeah, I help out former cops,
你不必这么做的 我总会帮助卸任的警♥察♥
even if they were Feds.
即使是联邦探员
Besides, someone on the force has to escort you.
再说 总得有警官看着你才行
And it's fun for me to see you come up empty-handed, you know?
而且其实看你手无寸铁的样子还蛮有趣的
Usually, I only see the
一般来说 我只能看到
Feds when they swoop in to muck up my case.
联邦探员出现 搅黄我的案子
Solve them on your own, and you wouldn't need us to swoop in.
要是你们能自己解决 也就不需要我们出现了
Okay. Uhhuh. Is this where you found her body?
好吧 这就是你们发现尸体的地方吗
Right by the garbage bin. Tragic.
就在垃圾桶边上 真惨
You guys think she was murdered with rebar?
你们认为凶器是钢筋
Yeah. The head wound is consistent
是的 头部伤口的
with the size and shape of pieces of rebar we found
大小和形状都和我们
by the construction site nearby.
在附近建筑工地发现的钢筋吻合
I don't see any wall splatter from the rebar hits.
但墙上没有死者头部被钢筋棍敲击喷溅的血迹
Well, we think he brought the rebar down
据我们掌握的证据
on her head in a vertical fashion.
凶手应该是用钢筋棍从上方
Far as we know.
垂直敲击死者头部的
That's why there was only blood on the Dumpster.
所以只有垃圾桶上有血迹
Well, what do we have here?
这是什么
What?
怎么了
What, do you see something?
你发现什么了吗
Possibly. Here, give me a bag.
这里好像有东西 给我个证物袋
What'd you find?
你找到什么了
What the hell is that?
这是什么东西
Could be something. Could be nothing.
也许跟案子有关 也许无关
I should probably take that in. Yeah, you should.
我得把这个证物收好 没错
What's all that?
大包小包的是什么
Thought maybe you could make a snack.
拿来给你做零食的原料
Plastic knife?
要塑料餐刀干嘛
You are still in jail.
监狱里只能用塑料的了
That's the good stuff.
都是上等的材料
So... are you trained classically?
从小就拿昂贵食材来练习下厨吗
Uh, no. Growing up, our, uh, our big night out
我是穷♥人♥家的孩子 小时候能去时时乐
was the buffet at Sizzler.
吃一次快餐牛排都是很奢侈的
Mm. Well, from the buffet to fine dining.
从贫民窟一路奋斗到到富人区
You've come a long way. Yeah, right.
一定很不容易吧 没错
I was working at this place called Pasco's for a few years.
我在一家叫帕斯科家的餐厅干过几年
I started out as a junior chef, and, uh,
刚开始是初级厨师
been climbing my way up, you know.
然后努力向上爬
That's where you met Layla.
最后在那儿遇到了莱拉
She, uh...
她...
She came in one night on a bad date,
那晚她约会不顺
and I was, uh, I was on a break,
碰巧我忙里偷闲的时候
and I saw this guy making moves at her.
看到那个男的正一个劲地挑逗她
And it was pretty clear that she wasn't into him, so I...
但很明显她对那人没兴趣 所以我...
I rescued her.
我挺身而出了
She hung around until my shift was over,
她就一直等到我轮完班
and, uh, I made us a meal.
我亲自下厨做了晚餐
And that was our first date.
那是我们的初次约会
Little did you know, she was a billionaire's daughter.
但你却不知道她是亿万富翁的女儿
She never made that a thing between us.
莱拉从来不觉得那会是个障碍
Money didn't matter to Layla.
她视金钱如粪土
Why else would she want to marry a broke cook like me, right?
要不然她怎么会愿意和我这个穷厨子结婚
Maybe 'cause she saw something in you.
也许因为她看到了你身上的闪光点
I don't know. I mean, she always said she wanted to invest in me.
我也不清楚 但她一直都说希望资助我
Open up a restaurant together, but I... I just didn't want
和我一起经营餐厅 但我拒绝了 我不希望
our relationship to be about that.
别人认为我和她在一起是为了钱
All right, hang on.
稍等
There.
请用
Smoked salmon tartare with an incarcerated dill sauce.
生熏三文鱼粒配小茴香鞑靼酱
All right, here we go.
来尝尝吧
Very well done.
美味极了
Look at that smile.
多么灿烂的笑容啊
That's the Richard we need to see in court.
这才是我们想在庭审中展现出的那个理查德
Confident, believes in himself.
自信 而又光明磊落
The jury's only seen you fall apart
陪审团只看到了认罪视频里
in the confession video.
你绝望崩溃的那一面
I think it's time they see the real you.
现在是时候让他们看看你最真实的样子了
Voila! Um...
看看姐的杰作 嗯...
I don't get it.
我没看明白
The screens all look the same. No, no.
看上去没什么区别 才不是呢
No, no. I just spent the last 36 hours
区别很大 我用了整整三十六小时的时间
installing the tech Coercion Coefficient.
完成了这套测量受高压干扰指数系统
Well, maybe an explanation in English would help.
能说人话吗
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表