剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
I knew it.
我就知道
You almost won the Heisman.
你差点得到海斯曼奖
Weren't you gonna go pro?
你不打算打专业橄榄球吗
Draft didn't work out too well for me.
我没被抽中当专业的
Why isn't she in her uniform? Oh, we can do that,
她怎么没穿飞行服 也可以穿啊
if you want to make this look like a military tribunal.
如果你想把这变成军事法庭的话
In court, we want her to look like a human being,
在法♥院♥里 我们想让她展现常人的一面
not a pilot.
而不是个飞行员
Mr. Weber, I heard you were in the office.
韦伯先生 我听说你刚刚在办公室
Taylor, I know Dr. Bull has convinced you
泰勒 我知道布尔博士已经说服了你
that he has some sort of magic formula
他有一种神奇的魔力
that will make a jury see past the facts and exonerate you.
能让陪审团无视事实 并判你无罪
Chunk,
特朗科
would you give us a second?
你能先回避一下吗
And, uh,
并且
tell Benny I need to see him. Mmhmm.
叫本尼过来 好的
While Dr. Bull has been searching for biases,
布尔博士在寻找偏见的时候
I've been in touch with the airline,
我一直在联♥系♥航♥空♥公♥司♥
who are negotiating a settlement
他们在与原告们
with the plaintiffs.
协商和解
A settlement? Yes.
和解吗 对
It's a very generous offer
这对受害者家庭来说
to the victims' family, as it should be,
是一个非常慷慨的提议
and it protects you from any financial liability.
而且还能保护你不承担任何经济责任
What do you need from me?
那需要我做什么
I need you to agree
我需要你认同
to the findings of the NTSB report.
全国运输安全委员会报告的结果
The report that
那份
finds her at fault.
认定她有错的报告
A-And if I do that, I'll be reinstated?
那...那如果我同意会被恢复原职吗
Well...
这...
No. Fired.
不会 你会被开除
And unemployable and never able to fly again.
而且不会再被录用 并永远不能驾驶飞机了
She killed 62 people.
她杀死了六十二个人
No, Oscar.
不 奥斯卡
An airplane crash killed 62 people,
是飞机坠毁杀死了六十二个人
not your client.
而不是你的客户
Marissa mentioned you were pushing for a settlement.
玛丽莎说你一直在催促和解
That struck her,
真很让她吃惊
because even though she's a woman,
因为虽然她是女人
she's quite good with numbers.
她很擅长数学
So, she had Cable,
所以她凭借凯博的帮助
also a woman, also good with computers,
同样是女人 也擅长计算机
do some digging.
做了一些调查
It seems that your contract
你跟泰勒签的合同规定
with Taylor stipulates the less the airline pays the families,
航♥空♥公♥司♥赔偿的越少
the more your firm makes.
你的律所赚得就越多
That seems like a conflict of interest,
你们之间有利益冲突
but then again, you have all that office space to pay for.
但话又说回来 建那么多办公室也不少花钱
That's why I hate lawyers.
所以我才讨厌律师
That's my... bias.
这就是我的偏见
So you have a financial incentive for me to settle?
所以你跟我和解只是为了一己之私吗
It's called a reverse contingency fee.
这叫做反向风险代理费
It's how the airline controls damages.
航♥空♥公♥司♥就是这样通过指责你
That, and by blaming you.
来控制损失的
Taylor.
泰勒
This is in your best interest.
这是你的最佳选择
Do not let him twist this.
别让他给搅黄了
Can I fire my attorney?
我能开除我的律师吗
Of course you can.
当然可以
Especially since he was supplied to you
特别当他是航♥空♥公♥司♥
by the airline.
派给你的
You're relieved, Mr. Weber.
你被开除了 韦伯先生
See how easy that was?
看这多简单
Dr. Bull, you're a piece of work.
布尔博士 你真可以
I like those glasses.
我喜欢你的眼镜
Dr. Bull, I can't afford my own attorney.
布尔博士 我支付不起自己的律师
It's all right.
没关系
We have someone. The best, really.
我们有律师 最好的律师
Hey.
嗨
What's up with Weber? Looked pissed.
韦伯怎么了 他看起来很生气
Captain Mathison, meet your new lawyer.
马西森机长 见见你的新律师
Is this normal? For you to sub in for a real trial?
你亲自出庭 这很正常吗
It's been about a year since I've been inside a real courtroom.
我已经一年没进过真的法庭了
What kind of law did you practice?
那你当的是什么律师
I was a prosecutor in the D.A.'s office.
我在地方检察院里做过检察官
Yale Law, Supreme Court clerkship.
耶鲁法学院毕业 在最高法♥院♥做过书♥记♥员
He was a pit bull.
他就是只比特犬
If I were on trial,
如果我被告了
Benny's the only lawyer I'd want.
除了本尼我谁都不相信
Why did you leave?
你为什么不继续干了
I got fired.
我被开除了
Wait till you hear why.
等下你就知道为什么了
All right, prospective jurors have been sworn in.
陪审候选人宣誓完毕
Mr. Dworkin,
德沃金先生
you may begin your voir dire.
你可以开始做资格审查了
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 法官大人
Ladies and gentlemen of the jury,
陪审团的女士们先生们
I'm going to ask all of you some questions to see if you can
我要问你们每个人一些问题
honestly and fairly assess this case.
来判断你们是否能诚实公正地评定这个案件
This trial is a suit over...
这个审讯是诉讼...
How do you know who has this bias against female pilots?
你怎么知道谁对女飞行员有偏见
We ask them.
我们问他们
Okay, we have six strikes left.
好的 我们可以排除掉六个陪审员
Who's up first?
谁先来
The lovely Martha Plemmons.
可爱的玛莎·普蒙斯
Martha Plemmons, 58.
玛莎·普蒙斯五十八岁
High school librarian.
高中图书馆管♥理♥员♥
Crossword enthusiast.
填字游戏爱好者
The key is not to let
关键是不让任何人知道
anyone know what we're screening for,
我们在掩护什么
so our questions have to be a little off.
所以我们的问题要间接一点
Ms. Plemmons...
普蒙斯女士
what would someone say they didn't like about you?
你觉得别人会不喜欢你哪点
Your Honor, this isn't a job interview.
法官大人 这不是职位应聘
What's the defense going for here?
他问这有什么用
It's his nickel, Mr. Dworkin.
这是他自己的事 德沃金先生
Please.
请回答吧
I...I guess I can be a little pushy sometimes.
我...我可能有时候性子比较急
I accessed the district's HR department.
我侵入了本地的人力资源部
Martha's filed two complaints
玛莎曾因为男女工资不平等
for equal pay against a male counterpart.
投诉过两次
I think she nailed "A little pushy."
她的确有点"急性子"
Yeah, and self-aware. That means she'd be open
对啊 而且有自知之明 这就意味着
to assess her own hidden bias on gender.
她不会回避评价她自己的性别偏见
Two complaints for equal pay
两次对工资平等的投诉
sounds pretty aware of gender bias.
说明她非常重视性别歧视
She only has 47 friends.
她只有四十七个朋友
I don't think she's gonna win Miss Congeniality on this jury.
我觉得她在这个陪审团里可能不会受欢迎
We don't need her to.
我们不需要她受欢迎
She'll have an opinion and stick with it.
她会固执己见
The question is: will her opinion help or hurt us?
问题是 她的观点对我们是否有利
I'd say help. Her last book purchase
我觉得会有利 她最近买♥♥的一本书
was Sheryl Sandberg's Lean In.
是谢丽尔·桑德伯格的 向前一步
She gave it five stars. That is key.
她给了五星评价 这就是关键
If we can establish a gender bias against Taylor,
如果我们制♥造♥一个反对泰勒的性别歧视
Martha is gonna resent the airline big-time.
很大程度上玛莎就会讨厌航♥空♥公♥司♥了
Yeah, I've been watching her.
我一直在观察她
Every time she looks at Taylor, she has admiration.
每次她看泰勒的时候 都是对她的敬佩
She'll be on our side.
她会和我们在同一阵营的
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表