剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
He's a decent guy, he means well.
他很正派 天性善良
When you said that,
你一这么说
the prosecution chose not to call you to the stand.
控方就不让你出庭作证了
I made it pretty clear that I don't want to get involved.
我说的很明白 我不想搅和进来
John doesn't deserve this, and I feel for Carter.
约翰不该遭受这些 而且我很同情卡特
Even though you benched him?
就算你让他坐冷板凳吗
Ugh. The kid is terrible.
那孩子太可怜了
And I don't want him to lose his dad to prison
我不想让他在失去母亲以后
after he just lost his mom.
父亲又入狱
Would you be willing to testify that you instigated the fight?
你愿意作证是自己挑起那场打斗的吗
No.
不
John lost it.
约翰失去理智了
Don't get me wrong.
别误会我了
Parents go bananas out there all the time.
父母们在场边总是脾气暴躁
Last week a shortstop's dad
上周一个游击手的爸爸
was critiquing another kid's hitting,
指责另一个小孩打得不好
got a snow cone to the face.
被人扔了一脸刨冰
I told you, it doesn't make any of us look much better.
我说过了 说这些对双方无益
Is there anything that you could tell me that might help?
那你能告诉我点有用的吗
Well, I didn't tell the DA guy this,
好吧 我没告诉那个地方检察官
but Karen called right after from the car.
在那之后 凯伦从车里给我打电♥话♥
And? She wanted to apologize.
然后呢 她想道歉
Had something to explain,
似乎有话想说
but then John yelled at her and she hung up.
但约翰吼了她 她就挂了电♥话♥
Explain what? I don't know.
她想说什么 我也不知道
Look, I wish him well.
听着 我希望他没事
Thank you.
谢谢
So he fought with the coach and his wife before the accident?
在事故前 他跟教练和妻子都吵了架
All part of the same fight.
还是关于同一件事情
It's not helping.
这个帮倒忙啊
I debriefed the mirror jury after they saw the video,
模拟陪审团看了视频之后 我询问了他们
looks like we only have five of 12 on John's side.
看起来十二个人里只有五个支持约翰
Three guiltys.
三个人认为有罪
Arthur Jolene, and the two clustering around him.
亚瑟·琼尼和他旁边的两个人
Think the fight's clear evidence
认为这场争执就是最确凿的证据
that John's an angry guy who shouldn't have gotten
证明约翰生性暴躁
behind the wheel. John was angry.
根本不应该驾驶 约翰当时是很暴躁
But he's not an angry guy,
但他不是生性暴躁
and the jury needs to see that.
陪审团需要了解到这一点
You working a theory?
你有办法了吗
First, we have to dispense with Assemblyman Dormit.
首先 我们不能再让多姆特议员出庭了
Assuming Gil follows the plan.
如果吉尔按计划行事
Dormit eats lawyers like Gil for lunch.
他会把吉尔那样的律师当午餐活吃了
For breakfast.
当成早餐
It's the most important meal of the day.
那才是一天里最重要的一顿
I think it's lunch.
我觉得午餐才是
Gil will not be eaten.
吉尔能招架住
Now, someone needs to go through John's insurance claims
现在 得有个人去检查约翰过去五年的
for the last five years.
保险索赔记录
Medical.
还有医保
It's not exactly legal, is it?
这不太合法 不是吗
Well, then, it's a good thing no one here is doing it.
是的 还好咱们不是干这个的
Especially not... Cable!
但我们有... 凯博
Today?
今天
Judge Lamkin.
拉姆金法官
I'll meet you guys in there.
待会里面见
Now, you don't work at this courthouse.
你可不在这里当法官
No. But I do live in Nassau County.
是的 但我的确住在拿骚县
Oh!
噢
You're taking my advice.
你听了我的建议
Running for State Assembly.
竞选州议员
It's something I've wanted to do for years,
这是多年以来我梦寐以求的事
but I never really thought I had a shot.
但我从没想过自己真能有这个机会
Hmm.
嗯
Are you sure about this?
你确定我能赢吗
100%.
百分之百
Then I'm off to file.
那我就去报名了
Assemblyman Dormit, can you
多姆特议员
identify the driver?
你能辨认出肇事司机吗
Yeah, he's sitting right over there.
能 他就坐在那里
Well, I was trying to switch lanes
我当时正准备变道
so he could pass, but
好让他过去
he was already swerving around me.
但是他已经急转到我旁边来了
Nearly ran me off the road.
差点把我挤到路边
Gave me an angry look.
他怒视我一眼
I thought maybe he was drunk.
我想他可能醉酒了
Objection, assumes facts not in evidence.
反对 假定的事实不是证据
And actually, we have John's blood alcohol level
实际上 约翰的血液检测报告里
on record as being
血液中的酒精含量
below the legal limit, so,
低于法定标准
assumes lies not in evidence.
他的假想不能作为证据
That's not actually a thing,
这不是同一件事
Mr. Foster, but point taken.
福斯特先生 但你说得有理
And then what happened?
然后发生什么了
Then I saw the road sign. It said
然后我看见一个路牌 上面说
Congestion Ahead.
前方拥堵
So I slowed down. And as I
于是我放慢车速
rounded the bend
当我转过那个弯道时
I saw the huge crash he'd caused.
我看见他引发的惨重车祸
Thank you. That's all.
谢谢 我问完了
Mr. Dormit, would you happen to know
多姆特先生 你知道在这一片
how many drivers are prosecuted
有多少司机
for car accidents in this district?
是因为车祸被起诉的
Not off the top of my head, no. Well, even when
不清楚 没什么概念 即便车祸
there's a fatality, it's less than
导致死伤 这一比例
five percent of the time, right? I guess
也低于百分之五 对吗 我猜
Something like that. Which would certainly
就是这样 这样的话
makes it seem like John's
约翰的案子
being unfairly singled out.
就像是违反公正地被挑了出来
Get to a question, Mr. Foster.
请表明你的问题 福斯特先生
Do you have an agenda,
你那天是不是有事
Mr. Dormit? After the accident,
多姆特先生 在事故之后
did you call your friend
你是不是打电♥话♥给你的朋友
and golf buddy, the district attorney,
兼你的高尔夫球伴 也是当地检察官
and personally request that John be charged?
并且私下建议起诉约翰
That is moronic.
这太蠢了
Name calling is not
骂人不等于
the same as giving an answer.
回答我的问题
Gil put his first points on the board.
吉尔已经提出了他的第一个观点
Look at the spike in vitals on his mirror juror's biometer.
看模拟陪审团测定仪上这些脉搏波动
A crack in Arthur Jolene's cluster.
严重冲击了亚瑟·琼尼的簇拥者
Not hard to tap into people's outrage
滥权这种事 你只需稍稍一点
against the abuse of power.
就能激起人们的愤怒
Juror number nine swore he'd never vote again
九号♥陪审员在上次选举后
after the last election.
立誓再也不投票了
How many speeches did you give
约翰的事故过后
after John's wreck in support
你在你的选区发表过多少次
of a new highway project in your district?
支持新建高速的演讲
I give a lot of speeches.
我演讲次数很多
Six.
六次
By the way,
顺便一提
I love the slogan from your last election.
我很喜欢你上届选举的口号♥
"All roads lead to Dormit."
"条条大路通多姆特"
It's catchy.
抓人眼球
You sponsored the roads.
你赞助了道路建设
Objection. Relevance.
反对 没有相关性
The next words better be relevant,
接下来的辩词最好与本案相关
Mr. Foster.
福斯特先生
Mr. Dormit, do you have something
多姆特先生 你会不会
to personally gain from John's conviction,
从约翰的定罪中获取什么私利呢
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表