剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表
I... I think I found your phone.
我捡到了个电♥话♥好像是你的
You hungry?
你饿吗
No, I try to stay away from that stuff.
不饿 我一般不吃高热量食物
You know, a pastrami sandwich can usually make things better.
平时吃个熏牛肉三明治 心情都变好了
But not today.
但今天却没效果
Does this have anything to do with that old case of yours?
是因为你原来那个案子吗
Hayden Watkins, yes.
对 海登·沃特金斯案
Last night, the appeals court overturned the verdict.
昨晚 上诉法♥院♥推♥翻♥了之前的判决
Apparently, there's new DNA evidence.
因为出现了新的DNA证据
The DNA evidence cleared him?
这个DNA证据可以证明被告无罪吗
He did nine years for a crime he didn't commit.
他没有犯罪 却白白坐了九年牢
And?
所以呢
I'm under investigation by the U.S. Attorney.
我现在在接受美国联邦检察官的调查
Prosecutorial misconduct.
原因是公诉不当
What did you do?
你干什么了
Nothing.
我什么也没干
Any time a murder conviction is reversed, it's reviewed.
只要谋杀罪名被改判了 案件就要接受复审
First person under a microscope
第一个被查的
is the prosecutor.
就是公诉人
When are you gonna tell Bull?
你打算什么时候告诉布尔
Thanks for seeing me, Griffin.
感谢你抽空见我 格里芬
I've been meaning to call. Are you gonna serve
我一直想给你打电♥话♥来着
on the flight museum board with me again?
你还会继续和我一起留在航♥空♥博物馆董事会吗
Well, if you insist.
如果你坚持的话
So, what was so urgent?
所以 你来是有什么要紧事吗
Well, I have this client who lost 19 grand
我有个客户 在你的经纪人部门那里
in one of your brokerage divisions.
损失了一万九千美元
Whose daughter is it?
是哪个大人物的女儿
What trust fund did she just get access to?
用的什么信托基金
No trust-afarian. She's a schoolteacher.
她不是个信托自♥由♥儿 是个学校老师
And it seems she was duped
她被一个叫艾利克斯·杜博的
by an overly aggressive broker named Alex DuBois.
过分热情的经纪人骗了
Well, I've got somewhere in the neighborhood
我在这个街区里一共有
of 275,000 employees.
二十七万零五千名雇员
I know you do, but it turns out that every broker
我知道 可是我们发现
in this Alternative Investment Division
这个另类投资部门里的
were operating under that name.
所有经纪人都是用这个名字进行交易的
Well, I'll have someone look into it.
我会找人查查此事的
She said she got a call from this bank,
她还说接到从这个银行打来的电♥话♥
offering her the deal of a lifetime.
对方提出了一笔利润极高的投资
I've been banking here for 25 years.
我从事于银行业二十五年了
I'm just wondering why no one ever called
怎么就没人给我打电♥话♥
and made me that offer.
让我发发财呢
My client wants her money back.
我的客户想要回自己的钱
It's 19 grand, Griffin.
整整一万九千美元 格里芬
Jason,
杰森
they're called "alternative" investments for a reason.
这笔投资之所以叫另类投资是有原因的
We can't return money to everyone who complains
不可能每个来抱怨在股市赔了钱的
about losing in the market.
我们都把钱退还回去
There are others?
这么说还有别人吗
Griffin.
格里芬
Cable, do a phone dump on the outgoing calls
凯博 把从那些搬空的银行办公室
from those empty bank offices.
拨出的所有电♥话♥都筛一遍
Would you? What are we looking for?
可以吗 我们要找什么
More victims.
其他受害者
I never invested in the market before.
我从未涉足过股市
Figured I'd give it a try.
想着这次试一把
They conned me out of 12 grand and lined their pockets.
他们骗走我一万二 然后就拍屁♥股♥走人了
My own bank took me for a ride.
我被自己的银行诈骗了
I worked for the transit authority for 40 years,
我在交管局工作了四十年
kept all my savings in Brannigan Trust.
一生的积蓄都放在布兰尼根信托银行里
72,000 bucks... just like that, it's gone.
整整七万两千块... 就这么没了
Totally. They told me I was investing in high-tech drones.
就是这样 他们说我投资的是高科技无人机
It sounded really cool.
听起来有的赚
Turns out, the company only has one customer and really bad R&D.
结果那公♥司♥只有一个客户和一个垃圾研发部门
Yeah, well, you know,
是啊 你可不知道
they hustled me out of 37,000 bucks.
他们坑了我三万七
I was planning on buying a Sea Ray,
本来我打算买♥♥艘游船
doing some fishing, you know, on the weekends.
在周末钓钓鱼
I could kill...
我真想杀...
Starts with "A" through "C."
从A到C开头的
There you go.
给你
Okay.
好的
Chunk.
特朗科
I'm Benny Colón,
我是本尼·科隆
TAC's in-house counsel.
庭审分♥析♥公♥司♥的内部辩护律师
Erin Howland.
我是艾琳·霍兰德
Oh, so you're the one responsible for all this.
你就是那个领头的
And Chunk. I... I had no idea
还有特朗科 我... 我完全没想到
there would be this many people scammed by the bank.
会有这么多人都被这家银行骗了
Got more than we expected.
是比我们预期的多
Are you gonna be handling the trial?
由你来负责庭审吗
I will, so if you have
没错 所以要是
any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask.
有任何问题 尽管问
Nice turnout.
来的人不少
I have my doubts.
我还是觉得不该接
Class actions don't fall into your lap every day.
集体诉讼这个大馅饼可不是天天都有的
It's a contingency case
这是个胜诉酬金案
with 4,000 victims from across the country.
而且有四千名来自全国各地的受害者
The costs will be astronomical.
诉讼成本会是个天文数字
High risk, high reward.
高风险 高回报
We will have to front all the expenses:
我们得处理全部的开销
travel, research, depositions, financial analysis,
差旅 调研 取证 财务分♥析♥
trial prep, expert witness fees,
庭审准备 专家鉴定证人 这都要钱
not to mention the thousands of man-hours
这还不算公♥司♥投在这个案子上
that TAC would invest in the case.
成千小时的人工费用
Look, Brannigan Trust is gonna fight.
听我说 布兰尼根信托一定会反击的
Hard. We could lose millions.
狠狠地反击 我们可能赔进去几百万
We could win millions.
我们也可能赚上几百万
Exactly, all or nothing.
没错 我们是在孤注一掷
You'd be betting the future of the firm on one case.
你现在是把公♥司♥的未来全押这一个案子上了
You're right. It's a big gamble.
你说得对 这是一场豪赌
Ladies and gentlemen, can I have your attention, please?
女士们先生们 请允许我说几句
My name is Dr. Jason Bull.
我是杰森·布尔博士
Welcome to the class action.
欢迎各位加入此次集体诉讼
We have to prove
我们需要证明
that it was reasonable for our victims
本案的受害者听从股票经纪人的建议
to have relied on the brokers' advice.
属于合理之举
That advice was fraudulent
还要证明建议是欺诈性的
because the brokers had information
因为那些股票经纪人并没有
that they did not share.
公开透明所有信息
With the operative word being "reasonable."
有了那个关键词 合理
Civil trial, federal court...
无论民事审判还是联邦法庭
there's no wiggle room.
都没有回旋的余地
I know. Jury has to be unanimous.
我知道 陪审团必须意见一致
Hey, you know that Bull wants to target Griffin Fuller,
你知不知道布尔想攻下格里芬·富勒
CEO of Brannigan Trust?
那个布兰尼根信托公♥司♥的执行总裁
He lawyered up as soon as Bull left his office.
布尔刚离开他的办公室 他就请了律师
'Cause he's got a lot on the line.
那是因为他有太多可查的了
Third largest bank in the world.
全球第三大银行
5,700 branches, $2.3 trillion in assets,
五千七百家分行 两万三千亿资产
over 72 million clients.
七百二十多万客户
Well, 4,211 of those clients are victims.
其中有4211个是受害者
Yeah, out $100 million.
对 那也就少了一亿美元
Well, with the standard contingency fee,
按照胜诉酬金标准
if we win, we win a third of the judgment.
如果我们胜诉 我们将得到判决的三分之一
A third?
三分之一吗
Minus our expenses.
别忘了把我们的成本扣除
Could also win millions in punitive damages.
那还有几百万的惩罚性赔偿呢
This is exactly what got our victims into trouble.
我们的受害人就是这么上当的
剧集 | 庭审专家(2016) | 导航列表