但是
But...
这些都不重要
it's bigger than that.
如果你暴露了Mary Smith
If you expose Mary Smith,
一个杀手就被释放了
a murderer walks.
一个连环杀手
A serial killer.
Hicks开心地离开
Hicks goes off on his merry way,
而我们不能再用这个案子审判他了
and we can't try him for this anymore.
你被蒙蔽了 Tobias
You got blinders on, Tobias.
你没有尽职
You didn't do the job.
你从来没站在法官和陪审团的角度想过问题吗
You never acted as judge and jury?
给他定罪不是你可以决定的
Convicting him was not your call to make.
伪君子和你可不配
Hypocrite doesn't look good on you.
出去
Get out.
Gibbs
Gibbs...
离开
Leave.
Tobias 出去
Tobias, get out.
好的 请让她上来
Okay, uh, send her up, please.
老大 Jessica Shaeffer马上就到
Boss, Jessica Shaeffer's on her way up now.
我们都查到什么了
What do we know?
你有和Mary Smith谈过吗
Have you talked to Mary Smith?
我们查到什么了
What do we know?
她描述凶手了吗
Could she describe the killer?
我问了你们一个问题
I asked you a question.
你们做了什么
What have you been doing?
-证据在哪儿 -老大 那四件案子的
- Where is the evidence? - Boss, the list of suspects
嫌疑人名单太长了 我们无法将他们之中的
in these other four cases, it's huge, and we can't
任何人和O'Connell上尉的谋杀案联♥系♥起来
connect any of 'em to Lieutenant O'Connell's murder.
但是我们也不能把Hicks和其他案件联♥系♥起来
But we can't connect Hicks to any other cases either.
Hicks在5起谋杀案发生时都在
Hicks may have been in the area when all
那个区域 但其他20多个嫌疑人也是这样
five murders happened, but so were at least 20 other suspects.
所以我们什么都没查到
So we got nothing!
Gibbs探员
Agent Gibbs.
Gibbs探员 我得跟你谈谈
Agent Gibbs, I need to speak to you.
我以为我们是合作关系
I thought I had your cooperation.
你早就应该联♥系♥我了
You should've contacted me already.
联♥系♥你干嘛
For what?
你找到证人X了
You found Witness X.
谁说的
Says who?
你是想告诉我 你没找到她吗
Are you telling me you didn't find her?
或者我们应该讨论一下布雷迪法则
【注:该规定要求控方必须在刑事案件中将所有可以证明被告无罪的证据交给被告】
Or should we start talking Brady violation?
Gibbs探员 我不知道
Agent Gibbs, I don't know
发生了什么 我们在讨论的
what's going on here, but this is a man's life
可是一个人的性命啊
we're talking about.
证人到底说了什么
What did the witness say?
我会传唤你出庭作证
I'm calling you to the stand.
看看在誓言下 你会说什么
We'll see what you have to say under oath.
你没有权利和任何人讨论这个调查
You had no business discussing this investigation with anyone.
谁 我和谁说了什么
Uh, who-who'd I tell what?
你知道我在说什么
You know what I'm talking about.
我希望我知道
I wish I did.
该死的 Sloane
Damn it, Sloane...
怎么了 怎么了
What? What?!
那个律师 你的新朋友
The lawyer. Your new friend.
你是唯一一个和她有关系的人
You're the only one with a connection to her,
她知道我们找到证人X了
and she knew we found Witness X.
好吧
Okay.
我跟你把话说清楚 好吗
I'm gonna lay it out for you, okay?
你有两个选择
There's two choices.
选项一 你告诉我发生什么了
Option one, you tell me what's going on,
任何内容绝对不会传到这个房♥间外去
and none of it ever leaves the room.
选项二 我自己去查
Option two, I find out on my own--
而且我肯定能找到
and I will find out--
到时候我就不能做任何保证
then I can't make any promises.
现在你知道了吧 我没有到处乱说话
So now you know I didn't open my big mouth,
并且 你想告诉我 但又不想让我觉得我赢了
and you want to talk, but you don't want me to think I won.
没有人赢了
Nobody won.
说吧
Just talk.
律师准备传唤我出庭作证
Lawyer is calling me to the stand.
如果我说了真话
If I tell the truth,
一个人将失去一切
a man will lose everything.
这个人
This man...
我认识他很久了
known him a long time.
他有一个女儿
Has a daughter.
他是你的朋友
He's your friend.
嗯
Mm.
如果你撒谎去保护你的朋友
And if you lie to protect your friend,
你将再次判处一个无辜的人死刑
you could be re-sentencing an innocent man to death.
是的
Yeah.
这确是是个难题 不是吗
That is quite a conundrum, isn't it?
那么 你觉得我的小柜子怎么样
So, what do you think about my cabinet?
我认为你想用一个手工制♥作♥的
I think you are trying to distract me
家具来转移我的注意力
with a handcrafted piece of furniture.
我为什么要这么做呢
Now, why would I do that?
因为
Because...
你跟我一样不知道这个问题的答案
you don't know the answers any more than me.
你说的没错
You're right.
它是手工制♥作♥的
It is handmade.
我 呃
My, um...
我爸在结婚前为我妈做的
my dad made it for my mom before they were married.
他是个非常棒的工匠师
He was this great craftsman.
但是他忙于追求她
But he was so busy trying to woo her
导致他把下面的抽屉做得太紧
that he made the bottom drawers too tight.
它受潮 木头膨胀了
It got humid, and the wood swelled.
之后它们再也打不开了
And then they quit opening.
他想要修复它 但我妈妈拒绝了
He wanted to fix it, but, uh, my mom said no.
她就是喜欢柜子原来的样子
She loved it just the way it was.
这一件事就能够告诉你 你需要知道的所有关于
That one act tells you everything you need to know
我妈妈的信息
about my mom.
不管怎么说
Anyway...
这些抽屉还是打不开 所以它们是空的
the drawers still don't open, so it's empty.
但我喜欢把它放在我的办公室里
But I like having it in my office.
它提醒着我 即使最优秀的人
It reminds me that even extraordinary people
也会犯错
make mistakes.
这是不可避免的
That's a given.
我们要为那些
It's our response to...
定义我们一生的错误负责
those mistakes that defines us.
所以
So...
走的时候记得锁门
Lock up when you're done.
Gibbs探员 请回答问题
Agent Gibbs, answer the question.
你找到证人X了吗
Did you locate Witness X?
是的 昨天找到的
Yes. Yesterday.
她叫什么
What's her name?
Mary Elaine Smith
Mary Elaine Smith.
Mary Smith能描述出坐在蓝色货车里的人吗
Was Mary Smith able to describe the man in the blue van?
可以
Yes.
她是怎么描述的
What was her description?
非裔美国人
African-American,
40岁左右
in his 40s.
秩序
Order.
你会倾向于相信这个证人吗
Were you inclined to believe this witness?
Gibbs探员
Agent Gibbs,
你相信Mary Smith吗
did you believe Mary Smith?
我相信
Yes.
为什么
Why is that?
因为在当初事发时
Because she gave the same statement
她给出了同样的说法
at the time of the crime.
对谁说的
To whom?
让我提醒你 Gibbs探员 你现在发过誓了
Let me remind you, Agent Gibbs, you are under oath.
Mary Smith 11年前把她的说法告诉了谁
To whom did Mary Smith give her statement 11 years ago?
FBI探员 Tobias Fornell
剧集 | 海军罪案调查处(2003) | 导航列表