Well, that is enthusiastic, but...
这样确实挺热情的 但是
He hasn't learned our protocols yet.
他还没看过我们的实习协议呢
I think you'll find him a quick study though.
我认为 你会发现他学东西挺快的
Based on what?
依据是什么
Dr. Wells has a PhD in physics,
威尔斯博士拥有物理学博士学位
a masters in both astronomy and wildlife ecology,
以及天文学和野生动植物生态学硕士学位
and he's two credits short
而且 他只差两个学分
of a masters in forensic anthropology.
就可以拿到法医人类学硕士学位了
Well, how was I supposed to know that?
我怎么会知道这些
Well, perhaps you should read the e-mails
或许 你读一读那些带有实习生简历
with the subject line "Intern Resumes."
字样的邮件 你就知道了
He's also passed the bar.
他还通过了司法考试
It's like getting five interns for the price of one.
感觉就像花一分钱招了五个实习生
Except that he brought me the skull in a bag
除了他用再生塑料袋装了头骨这件事
made of recycled plastic, which produces condensation,
他这么做造成了压缩
which could have severely compromised crucial evidence.
很有可能严重损坏头骨上的重要证据
Which is why I rushed the skull to you
这就可以解释为什么我急匆匆地
at the diner, Dr. Brennan.
把头骨在餐厅就拿给您 布纳恩博士
You see, condensation starts after three hours.
你看 三小时后 压缩就产生了
I got you the skull in an hour and 45 minutes.
我用了一小时四十五分就把头骨拿给您
That's simple physics.
这是很简单的物理学原理
And the plastic was recycled so...
塑料袋还是可回收的 所以
good for the environment.
这样做很环保
Can we please de-spike this dude
我们能不能把这位老兄从钉子上卸下来
so I can start picking through his clothing?
这样我们就可以开始仔细检查他的衣物了
All in good time, Dr. Hodgins.
还不是时候 稍安勿躁 哈金斯博士
What should I do now?
那我现在该做什么呢
Tell Dr. Brennan what you've deduced so far.
告诉布纳恩博士 你现在推断出什么
Induced, actually.
其实是感应
Going from the specific to the general,
由特殊至一般
lack of cut marks on the gonial angle of the mandible,
在下颌与脊椎的下面
underside of chin and cervical vertebrae
并没有下颌角切割的痕迹
leave me no reason to suspect
让我不得不怀疑
that this skull was removed by anything other than the coyotes.
这颗头骨是只有可能是被土狼叼走的
So... not a zombie?
所以 这不是僵尸吗
Zombies have to be beheaded
必须要砍下僵尸的头
or they eat your brains.
不然他们就会吃掉你的脑子
There are no such things as zombies or vampires or ghosts.
世界上不可能有僵尸吸血鬼或鬼魂的存在
The first law of thermodynamics states
热力学第一定律表明
that energy is neither created nor destroyed.
能量是守恒的
So when we die,
所以 我们死后
all that energy has to go somewhere, right?
所有的能量总要有个去处 对吧
I believe that if we die
我认为 我们死后
with an abundance of this power,
释放出如此大量的能量
it can become forever imprinted on the immediate environment.
就会在周围的环境中留下永久的印记
And that imprint, that's our ghost? Mmhmm.
这种印记就是我们的鬼魂 嗯
Can we keep him?
让他留下来吧
I haven't decided yet.
我还没决定呢
There appears to be a strange glow emanating
死者下鼻甲处好像在
from the victim's inferior nasal conchae.
发出一种奇怪的辉光
Ooh, ghosty.
就像鬼魂
The guy literally fought off coyotes to get the skull back.
这个家伙为了找回头颅 不惜去跟土狼搏斗
Yeah. That's awesome.
是吗 太牛了
Coyotes, they just run away if you yell at them.
土狼啊 你吼两声就把它们吓跑了
I know, but still, to face a pack of wild animals alone...
我知道 但孤身一人面对一群野兽...
I'm sure you'd just bore them to death with your shrinky talk.
我确定你可以用心理咨♥询♥让它们无聊致死
A-And I'm sure you could just break their hearts
我也确定 你可以用冷酷无情的话语
with your mean, mean words.
伤害它们的心灵
Yeah, wow.
没想到吗
So, the brother is the victim's only family that you found?
他哥哥是你找到的死者唯一的亲属
So far. Okay, Hodgins found traces
暂时是这样 哈金斯在死者的
of glow-in-the-dark auto paint in the victim's nose.
鼻子里发现了夜光油漆的痕迹
It's rare stuff apparently, and he traced it back
很少见的东西 他追查油漆的来源
to the brother's auto body shop.
查到了他哥哥的汽修厂
You know, driving a glow-in-the-dark car
你知道吗 开一辆夜光的汽车
seems like an excellent safety feature, doesn't it?
是一种很好的安全措施 对吧
Don't say stuff like that when we get there, okay?
我们到那之后 你千万别这么说话
Look, the guy's brother is dead.
他弟弟刚刚死去
I know. I'm just... telling you.
我知道 我只想跟你说
And... I'm not wrong.
我也没说错什么啊
Oh, God. Yes.
天呐 是他
That's my little brother Benji.
这是我的弟弟本杰
Benjamin.
本杰明
He's dead?
他死了
Yes, sir.
是的
We're sorry for your loss.
您失去了亲人 我们非常遗憾
Who did this? Well, we're not sure yet.
这是谁干的 我们还不确定
He worked here, right? Yeah.
他生前在这儿工作吧 是的
Why didn't you report him missing?
他失踪了你为什么没报案
Benji was in college.
本杰在读大学
Finals coming up, I gave him a week off
要期末考试了 我给他放了一周的假
to hole up and study.
让他专心地学习
First one ever in our family to go to college.
他是我们家出的第一个大学生
Is there any other family we should notify, Mr. Garcia?
加西亚先生 家里还有什么人要通知吗
No.
没有了
It's just me and Benji.
家里只有我跟本杰
Mom died four years ago,
妈妈四年前去世了
Dad took off when we were little kids.
爸爸在我们小时后就离家出走了
What happened to my brother?
我弟弟是怎么死的
Well, his remains are still being examined.
他的遗骸还没有检查完
Oh, God. That's bad.
天啊 太惨了
You find his truck?
你们找到他的卡车了吗
Why would the truck be the first thing you bring up?
你为什么首先想到了他的卡车
If somebody killed Benji, it had to be for his truck.
如果有人杀死了本杰 肯定是为了他的卡车
Tricked-out '59 El Camino.
加装了各种配件的59年雪佛兰
You think someone would kill for a pickup truck?
你觉得会有人为了一辆皮卡去杀人吗
I'll tell you who hated that truck. Courtney.
我知道谁最痛恨那辆卡车 考特尼
Who's Courtney?
考特尼是谁
His ex-girlfriend.
他的前女友
They broke up a week ago.
他们一周之前分手了
Okay, given the choice,
如果让你选
would you rather have your brain in a beetle's body
你是希望让自己的大脑进入甲虫的体内
or a beetle's brain in your body?
还是让甲虫的大脑进入你体内
Okay, all right, I'll bite.
好吧 我就愿者上钩一次
If my brain were in a beetle's body,
如果我的大脑进入甲虫的体内
then I would be King of the Beetles,
那我就成了甲虫之王
just like I'm King of the Lab.
就跟实验室之王一样
There, what does that answer tell you?
就这样 这个答案透露给你什么信息
It tells me you not only feel like you belong here,
它告诉我你不仅在这里有很强的归属感
but that this is your domain and you love it.
而且你热爱你所从事的这个专业领域
You're a very happy man.
你很幸福
Ah, I can't argue with any of that.
你说的这些 我都无法否认
Contusion on the occipital bone,
枕骨上有挫伤的迹象
roughly 20 millimeters in diameter.
伤痕直径大概在20毫米
Staining suggests that the trauma occurred
伤痕有变色说明损害发生的时间
around the time of death.
在死亡前后
Dr. Brennan prefers we use terms like "Conked on the noggin."
布纳恩博士更喜欢"当头一棒"这样的描述
The beetle question also told me that you're mischievous
甲虫的问题还告诉我你很淘气
and disruptive by spirit
还生性喜欢捣乱
and willing to lie for humorous effect.
而且愿意为制♥造♥幽默效果而撒谎
That conk wasn't enough to kill.
当头的那一棒不足以致死
What else did that beetle question tell you?
那个甲虫问题还告诉你什么了
You got picked on a lot in high school, didn't you?
你上高中的时候总是被人欺负 对吧
I didn't kill Benji.
我没杀本杰
Uh, that man was the love of my life.
他是我一生的挚爱
So it was Benji who broke up with you?
那是本杰提出分手的
Seriously?
别逗了
Look at me.
看看我的长相
I am the one who dumped him.
是我甩的他
I thought you said he was the love of your life.
你刚才不是说他是你一生挚爱
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表