doesn't mean he knew their importance.
但不代表他懂得这些遗骸的价值
All of his notes are well organized.
他所有的笔记都井井有条
I think he knew exactly how valuable they are.
他肯定知道这些遗骸的珍贵
Why are you even here, Dr. Edison?
埃迪森你在这干什么
He's the resident anthropologist in charge of ancient remains.
他是研究古人类遗骸的常驻人类学家
I told him to take the remains back to his lab.
我让他把遗骸带回实验室
But this could be a very important find.
但是这会是项惊人的发现啊
And since I have written extensively
我研究古人类遗骸有很长时间了
on ancient remains and was recognized
而且我在葡萄牙的发现
by the Cambridge Archaeological Society
也使得我获得了
for my work on the Lagar Velho finds,
剑桥考古学会的青睐
I should be examining these.
这事该由我负责
But we have a murder to solve, Dr. Brennan.
可是布纳恩博士 你还有个谋杀案要办
crime you; ancient history: me-- remember?
罪案交给你 考古交给我 你忘了吗
Yes, but I would think you would want
我没忘 但凭我的专业知识
nothing more than my expertise.
你少不了我的帮助
And I'm well aware you would think that.
我很清楚你为什么那样想
But I don't want to take you away from your murder.
但你还有谋杀案要忙
Could you please pack these up
能帮我打包一下吗
and take them down to 407 in the Anthropology suite, please.
拿到407人类学办公室去 谢了
No, I don't believe this. I taught you.
真难以置信 你是我的徒弟呀
And I'm very grateful.
我也很感激你啊
I promise, you'll be thanked when I publish.
等研究发表了 我一定好好谢谢你
The tests on the remaining tissue
根据肌肉组织鉴定
showed no signs of contusions.
没有挫伤的痕迹
Excuse me?
你说什么
Our murder victim. From this millennium.
谋杀案的受害者 这个时代的遗骸
Fine.
好吧
But I just I hope that I'm available
希望等埃迪森求我帮忙时
when Dr. Edison needs help.
我能有空
Hi. I'm almost done.
我就快好了
Just removing the last of the particulates that I found.
移取我能找到的最后一颗微粒
Where's Dr. B?
B博士去哪儿了
Oh, in her office, trying to accept
在她自己办公室 还没办法接受
that Dr. Edison is in charge of the old bones.
由埃迪森博士负责古代遗骨的事实
Yeah. She'll be okay.
她会没事的
Yeah, that's not true.
这你可想错了
I know. She's very competitive.
我就知道 她非常争强好胜
You think?
你也觉得
Clark has no idea what he's getting himself into.
克拉克绝对没意识到自己遇到了多大的麻烦
Now, Dr. Brennan knows the boundaries.
布纳恩博士还是知道界限的
Do you really believe that?
你真的相信这样吗
Absolutely.
绝对
Not.
不相信
Can we get back to the murder?
能回到正题吗
It's so much easier to deal with.
还是处理案子比较简单
Right, so, I found some particulates
我在他肋骨背面的伤口处
embedded in the scraping wound on the back of the ribs.
发现嵌含了一些微粒物质
Any idea what it is?
知道是什么吗
Well, no.
还不知道
Dr. Brennan thought that there was evidence
布纳恩博士认为有证据表明
that animals might have gotten to the remains,
曾经有野兽接近过遗骨
so maybe they left them.
所以可能是这些动物留下的
I'll run it through the mass spec and...
我会用质谱仪检测...
Oh, man.
不要
Clark says that he needs me.
克拉克说要我帮忙
I don't want to get in between him and Dr. Brennan.
我不想介入他跟布纳恩博士之间的是非
And you also have particulates to analyze, don't you?
而且你的职责是研究微粒 不是吗
Right. Yes. Good.
没错 很好
Thank you. I'm on it.
谢了 我这就去帮忙
The last appointment that Sutton had
萨顿生前最后约见的人
before he died was with his publisher.
是他的出版商
Hey, look, maybe she can give us something.
或许她能给我们一点线索
Dr. Edison is going
没有我的帮助
to make a fool of himself without my help.
埃迪森博士肯定会出丑的
Right, okay, are you even listening to me?
你有听我说话吗
What? Oh, wow, okay. I guess not.
你说什么 好吧 我想是没有
Look, it's Clark's job.
听着 这是克拉克的工作
It's Clark's job, not yours.
是克拉克的份内事 不是你的
Just let it go.
你应该适当放手
Do you think it's right
难道你不认为应该
not to have the best person analyze the remains?
由最有能力的人去分♥析♥遗骨吗
Maybe you're afraid that he'll do just fine without you?
或许你是害怕他没有你也能做得很好
Excuse me?
你再说一遍
I'm just saying, it's, you know,
我只是说 你知道的
is this about the bones or is this about you?
到底是因为遗骨呢 还是因为你自己
I believe they are one and the same.
我认为你说的是一回事
Does that apply to Christine, too?
是不是对于克里斯汀也是这样
What, are you saying that I use Christine
什么 你是说我利用克里斯汀
to make myself look good?
来树立自己的形象
Oh, your words, not mine.
我可没这么说
I am just saying that Clark might do things his own way
我只是觉得克拉克可能有他自己处事的方式
and the same holds true for Christine.
克里斯汀也是如此
Shouldn't we be focusing on the case?
我们不应该关注这个案子吗
That's a good idea.
好主意
These books Sutton wrote are dreadful.
萨顿写的这些书真是一塌糊涂
What publisher would allow such inaccuracies?
哪个出版商可以容忍♥这么多不精确的表达
Well, I'm thinking one that wanted to make money
大概是想套用现代版的《夺宝奇兵》故事
off a modern-day Indiana Jones, huh?
来赚钱的人吧
It's all about the cash.
有钱赚就行
I still can't believe Jim's dead.
我还是无法接受詹姆已经去世的现实
We fixed time of death
我们推测死亡时间
at three days ago.
是三天以前
When was the last time you spoke to him?
你最后一次与他交谈是什么时候
Um, about a month ago.
大约一个月以前
He called from Grozny,
他从格罗兹尼打来电♥话♥
said that he had made an important find.
说他有一个重大发现
We were supposed to talk about it last Friday.
我们本来约在上礼拜五细谈的
Did he say exactly what it was that he found in Chechnya? No.
他有具体说他在车♥臣♥的发现吗 没有
But he was very excited,
但是他很兴奋
and he said that he was finally going to be able
他说他终于能够写点
to publish something of real scientific merit.
真正具有科学价值的文字了
So he knew that his previous books
所以他也知道自己之前写的书
were sensationalistic nonsense.
全是些哗众取宠的无稽之谈了
Bones.
骨头
We preferred to view them
我们更乐意将它们
as an accessible way for the public
称作带领民众初探
to get introduced to archaeology.
考古学的敲门砖
But an entire book on fossilized dinosaur eggs?
就凭这种整本都在讲恐龙蛋化石的书吗
It was quite successful in the youth market.
它在青少年市场很受欢迎
The profits from these books,
这些书所带来的利润
did they pay for his expeditions?
足够支持他的探险研究吗
Not exactly.
完全不够
What he would do is feature an artifact in the book
他的惯用做法就是在书里描述一个古代器物
and then sell it. Tell you the truth--
然后卖♥♥掉它 实话告诉你们
it was almost always to the same guy.
每次总是卖♥♥给同一个人
Who was this man?
谁
All I know is he's a businessman in Texas.
我只知道是一个德克萨斯州的商人
I never got his name.
我从来没过问过他的名字
And these artifacts were legal?
这些器物都是合法的吗
I don't know.
我不知道
I have absolutely nothing to do with that part of the business.
我与这项生意一点关系都没有
25,000 years, you'd think that they'd just have a fire pit.
25000年前 你以为他们只会用火坑
Homo sapiens already had tens of thousands of years
但其实智人已经有了上万年
of working with fire.
与火打交道的历史
The stones found at the site indicate a domed hearth.
在现场发现的石头表明这有一个圆顶屋穴
This is all just becoming so real.
这一切开始变得栩栩如生了
I just want to put faces on them all.
我真期待描绘出他们每个人的样貌
Well, the skulls are there for you.
这些头骨正等着你呢
My paper would definitely be enhanced with illustrations.
我的论文有图片一定会更出色
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表