Dr. Brennan, I know the Neanderthal case
布纳恩博士 我知道穴居人案件
is historic and exciting,
很刺♥激♥ 又很具有历史意义
but this man was murdered,
但是 萨顿惨遭杀害
and he left behind a widow and a fatherless child.
留下一对孤儿寡母
I think we should find out who did it.
我们必须要找到这桩惨案背后的元凶
I've catalogued the injuries to the ribs and spine.
我把肋骨和脊椎上的伤痕都分类了
Yes, there are traces of animal tissue in the bone.
好的 骨骼上有动物组织的痕迹
When I was in the Maldives,
我在马尔代夫的时候
I examined the remains of a woman
研究过一个女人的遗骸
who'd been tied to a tree and whipped
因为出轨 她被绑在树上
for cheating on her husband.
受到了鞭打
You think the animal tissue is leather?
所以你觉得这些动物组织来自于皮毛吗
Yes, I believe that approximately two months
没错 我确信在萨顿博士死前两个月
before he was killed, Dr. Sutton was flogged.
有人鞭打过他
I think I found it.
我找到了
Ouch.
好帅
Yeah, I got this from the Russian history room.
帅爆了 在俄♥国♥历史馆找到的
It's called a knout in English,
英语中称为皮鞭
pronounced "Ka-noot" In Russian.
俄语中则发音为"皮鞭子"
Here's an interesting fact.
有件事儿挺有意思的
Most Germanic languages
大多数日耳曼语系
still pronounce the silent K.
依旧会把不发音的"子"念出来
So knight is "Ka-night," Knife is "Ka-nife."
因此 刀就是刀子 鞭就是鞭子
Fascinating.
有意思
So you think this is what Sutton was beaten with?
所以说有人用这玩意打了萨顿吗
Flogged.
是鞭打
Oh, yeah.
太爽了
The tissue was a tanned hide.
褐色兽皮质地
Leather?
皮质的吗
Um, yeah, it was from a Siberian musk-ox.
是的 是西伯利亚麝香牛身上的
Now, I ran it through the isotopic mass spec
我通过同位素质谱仪检测了一下
and was able to isolate the geographic origin
分离出了地理起源
to the Chechen Republic in Russia.
是俄♥罗♥斯♥的车♥臣♥共和国
That's the area where his dig was.
那就是他挖出遗骸的地方
Yeah, what did you find?
有什么发现吗
Well, I have tissue samples from his back.
我从他的背上取了些皮肤样本
There's scarring on them that indicates that the flogging
从上面的疤痕来看 他受到鞭打
took place about two months ago.
是在两个月前了
Which would definitely place him in Chechnya.
那段时间他一定是在车♥臣♥了
The areas of impact on the flesh are pale with abrasions,
创口皮肤呈现擦伤状 伤口发白
bruising along both sides.
两侧都有淤青
It's amazing that he survived a beating like this.
他能在这样的鞭打下活下来真是奇迹
His wife was pregnant.
他老婆怀孕了
He had something to live for.
他有生存的目标
I'm surprised your brother didn't come with you this time.
很奇怪这次你哥哥没有陪你来
He's working.
他在工作
Mrs. Sutton, I know this is difficult,
萨顿夫人 我知道这很困难
but telling us what happened to your husband
但是告诉我们你丈夫到底发生了什么事
might help us find who killed him.
也许能帮我们找到凶手
Are you in danger?
你现在有危险吗
No, no, no.
不 不是
You know, he was flogged.
你知道 他被鞭打过
He was whipped, you understand?
他被抽打过 你懂吗
Who did that to him?
是谁做的
Our son will be named Valentine.
我们儿子的名字是瓦伦丁
Is that name significant in some way?
这名字有什么特殊的意义吗
Yes, it is a family name.
是的 这是个家族名
My family is, um...
我的家族
I'm sorry. I don't understand.
抱歉 听不懂
Do things the old way.
用老方式做事
Oh, traditional.
传统
Okay, your family didn't want you to marry a foreigner,
你的家人不希望你嫁给一个外国人
but you're pregnant.
但是你怀孕了
Your father had Sutton whipped.
你父亲鞭打了萨顿
We got to Grozny.
我们去了格罗兹尼
Hide.
躲起来
James, when he gets better, we come here, to America.
詹姆斯有所好转时 我们来到了美国
Now, is it possible
有没有可能
that your father followed you here?
你父亲跟着你们来到这里
No.
不可能
I have dishonored my family.
我让家族蒙羞了
I am dead to him,
对他来说我已经死了
and now I can't go home.
现在我不能回家
And James is gone.
而詹姆斯却死了
May I help you, Dr. Brennan?
布纳恩博士 有事吗
Dr. Edison, no.
埃迪森博士 没事
I knocked, but I haven't touched anything.
我敲了门 但是我没碰任何东西
It's okay.
没关系
You can examine anything you want.
你可以检查任何你想检查的东西
I should have spotted it earlier,
我应该之前就辨认出来
but apparently I was too busy competing with you
但是我忙于和你竞争
to really see anything.
而没能认真去看
The child's large,
孩子体型偏大
pronounced brow ridge
眉脊明显
is characteristically Neanderthal
是典型的穴居人
while the radius and ulna appear to be Homo sapien.
而桡骨和尺骨又显示智人特征
I was stunned myself.
我自己都被自己震惊了
I thought Angela made a mistake.
我原以为是安琪拉犯错了
Not Angela.
不是安琪拉
This was an inter-species family,
这是一个跨物种的家庭
the first of its kind,
这个人种的第一个孩子
and I didn't take the time to notice.
我之前都没时间注意到这个
Yeah, but you trained me to...
没错 但是你教导我
Congratulations belong to you,
应该恭喜你
deservedly so, Dr. Edison.
埃迪森博士 理应如此
Thank you.
谢谢
It's no wonder Sutton didn't want to give these up.
萨顿不想放弃这些也不奇怪
I know. I never thought I'd be part of a discovery like this.
我知道 我从没想过会有这样的发现
Well, you probably wouldn't
如果你没有被较好地教导过
if you hadn't been trained so well.
那你肯定不会的
I'll let you get back to work. Okay.
我不打扰你工作了 好的
Initially, I thought all of these markings came from predators,
起初 我以为这些伤痕都来自于动物
but look at this.
但是 看看这里
The nick on the coracoid process.
喙突上的缺口
That's not from a predator?
那不是捕食性动物留下的吗
The teeth would have to be very small.
若是动物 那么牙齿一定是非常小
And young predators don't usually feed with adults.
而年幼的食肉动物通常不会同成年动物外出捕食
The adults bring the food back to them.
成年动物会将食物带回去给它们
This injury had to have been caused by a weapon of some kind.
这个伤口一定是由某种武器所致
The coracoid process could only be exposed
这处喙突只可能在手臂举起时
if the arm was raised.
突显出来
As if the victim were warding off an attack.
就像死者正在阻挡所受的攻击
The first blow must have been to the scapula.
第一次击打一定落在了肩胛骨上
Which caused this indentation here.
因此导致了此处的凹痕
Then the victim turns to face the assailant,
然后死者转身面向攻击者
raises his arm in a defensive posture...
举起手臂形成防御性姿势
The murder weapon nicks the coracoid process,
凶器落在了喙突处
then travels downward into the armpit,
向下滑动直至腋窝
slicing the axillary artery.
切断了腋动脉
He died of exsanguination. Exsanguination.
他死于失血过多 失血过多
A completely severed axillary would pump
动脉被完全切断将会导致
about 100ccs of blood per heartbeat.
每次心跳泵送100CC的血液
At that rate, the victim would have lost consciousness
按照这样的速度 死者不到三十秒
in less than 30 seconds.
就会失去意识
And died in under a minute.
一分钟内就会死亡
Dr. Brennan, I do believe we found cause of death.
布纳恩博士 我相信我们已经找到死因了
Yes. Together.
是的 我俩一起
So, you were VDV in the Russian Army?
你是俄♥罗♥斯♥部队的空降兵
I'm a patriot. So?
我很爱国 怎么了
That's like our Special Forces. I'm sure you were taught
就像我们的特种部队 我确信你学习过
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表