Brennan, what is this about?
布纳恩 怎么回事
We have been looking at the wrong set of bones.
我们检查错了骨头
I know I'm running on zero sleep,
我知道我一直在连轴转
but don't tell me I missed another victim?
但你别告诉我我没发现另一个死者
No, these bones are from the Frank Party.
不是 这些骨头是来自弗兰克队的
One of two cannibalized skeletons Eldridge was able
这是埃尔德里奇在风暴来临前挖掘出的
to evacuate before the storm.
两具食人后留下的头骨之一
Mr. Bray,
布雷先生
what do you make of these cut marks?
你觉得这些切痕是如何造成的
They appear to be shallow slices,
它们看似是浅浅斜切下去的
likely caused by the tools
像是剔骨工具剔肉时
used to remove the flesh for eating.
造成的伤痕
You are mistaken.
你说的不对
The implements available to the Frank Party
弗兰克队当时能持有的工具
would have left broader kerf marks.
应该会留下更宽的切痕
And the edges would grow more ragged as the blade dulled,
边缘也该因为刀刃比较钝而更不平整
but none of these did. They're all identical.
但这些都不不具备上述特点 它们都一样
Couldn't they have sharpened their knives on something?
他们有没有可能在什么东西上面磨过刀
Well, yes, but based on the knife-sharpening technology of the 1800s,
有可能 但如果用十九世纪的磨刀技术
you'd see evidence - of rolled edges.
你该能看到证据 就是卷曲的边缘
Precisely.
一点不错
These cuts were made with
这些切痕是由
multiple, identical scalpel-sharp blades.
手术刀般锋利的刀刃数次切割造成
Modern blades.
是现代才有的刀刃
Wait a minute, are you saying that...
等一下 你是在说
The Frank Party didn't eat each other.
弗兰克队没有自相残食
The cannibalism was faked.
食人是伪造的
You lied. We have conclusive proof
你说了谎 我们有确凿证据证明
that you falsified evidence of the Frank Party cannibalism.
你伪造了弗兰克队食人的证据
That's ridiculous. Why would I do that?
这真荒唐 我为什么要这么做
Well, a boring run-of-the-mill shipwreck
一具毫不吸引人的普通沉船残骸
doesn't exactly sell books.
不能让书大卖♥♥
So you figured you'd turn the Yawner Party
所以你想到你可以把无聊帮
into the Donner Party.
变成唐纳帮[历史真实食人事件]
Only, Henry Charles caught you adulterating the bones.
但是亨利·查尔斯撞破你伪造骨骸的事
So you killed him before he had a chance
所以你在他有机会
to expose you as the fraud you truly are.
揭发你造假之前杀了他
Do you have any idea how hard it is
你知道要在考古学界
to make a name for yourself in archaeology?
挣得名声是多难的事吗
So I faked a few details.
所以我伪造了一些细节
That does not make me a killer. Right.
但这不能证明我是凶手 没错
Henry Charles just happened to disappear
就在亨利·查尔斯威胁要曝光你之后
right after he threatened to expose your scam.
他就莫名失踪了
Sometimes you get lucky.
有时你就是运气好
Not this time.
但这次不是
You may discredit me as a scientist, Dr. Brennan.
你可以质疑我作科学家的资格 布纳恩博士
You will never prove that I'm a murderer.
但你永远无法证明我是凶手
We've been at this for a while,
我们已经在这上面耗了不少时间
and we still haven't found anything
但我们还是没找到任何能证明
that ties Eldridge to the murder.
埃尔德里奇和谋杀有关的证据
Dude, I've swabbed every nanometer of that head wound.
各位 我对头部伤口的每一寸都取样化验了
There's nothing.
什么都没有
Nothing from the brain tissue at the wound site, either.
伤口处的脑组织里也没发现任何东西
That's Charles' brain?
这是查尔斯的大脑吗
Yeah. It was mummified when it came in,
对 但它送过来的时候已经脱水了
so I rehydrate it. Dehydrated?
所以我让它重新吸水了 脱水
It's like those capsules that turn into sponge animals.
这就像那些海绵动物胶囊一样
Michael-Vincent loves those. As do I.
迈克尔·文森特很喜欢玩 我也是
Oh, my God. That's it.
天哪 就是这个
Think of the brain as a sponge.
把大脑想象成一块海绵
As the cerebral crevices dried up,
当脑沟回脱水之后
Charles' brain condensed into a tighter form,
查尔斯的大脑缩成更致密的形态
folding trace evidence in with it.
将微小的证据都裹了进去
But when you rehydrate it, the tissue expanded.
但当你给它重新补水后 组织又展开
Allowing the particulates from the wound site
让微粒从伤口处
to migrate down one of the porous pathways
通过一条多孔通路
into the brain's center.
移♥动♥到大脑中部
So we need to section the entire brain,
所以我们需要对整个大脑切片
not just the area proximate to the wounds.
而不是只看伤口附近的部分
Already on it.
我已经在做了
Really makes you rethink deli meat.
这让你重新考虑还吃不吃熟切肉
And I'm officially never eating again.
我正式宣布我再也不会吃了
I'm with you.
我同意
At least I'll fit into
至少不管弗雷西亚给我挑什么婚纱
whatever wedding dress Felicia chose for me.
我都能穿得下了
Why's she choosing it? It's your wedding.
为什么是她选 这是你的婚礼啊
Which is why I'm trying to keep the peace.
所以我想维持这种和平
Last thing I need on my wedding day is family drama.
我不想让我的婚礼演变成一场家庭闹剧
Hey, not to butt in,
我不想干涉
but if Angela and I have learned anything
但如果我和安琪拉在我坐轮椅这件事中
from my being in this chair,
学到了什么
it's that a person can't possibly know
那就是如果你不说出口
what you're thinking unless you tell them.
别人就不可能知道你的想法
There.
在那里
I see something.
我看到了一些东西
Based on the discoloration,
根据变色程度
this is a sliver of very old bone.
这是一块很老的骨头
That proves it was Marcus Eldridge.
这证明了凶手是马库斯·埃尔德里奇
He must have gotten that bone chip caught on his ice axe
他肯定是在伪造食人伤痕时
as he was faking the cannibal cuts.
不小心让骨头碎片附在了冰镐上
Then we got him.
那我们可以定他罪了
Not so fast. Something's not right.
别急 事有蹊跷
This bone chip didn't come from the cannibalized remains.
骨头碎片不是被伪造伤痕的尸体上的
How can you tell?
你怎么分辨出来的
The slight sloping on this crevice is what you'd see
这块碎骨上有轻微倾斜
on the bifid spinous process of a C4 vertebra.
通常出现在C4椎骨双叉棘突过程中
But I just examined those remains with Dr. Brennan,
但我和布纳恩博士检查了两具尸体
and neither C4 vertebrae were damaged,
C4都完好无损
which means Marcus Eldridge isn't the killer.
说明马库斯·埃尔德里奇不是凶手
But I know who is.
但我知道凶手是谁
You must have been quite humiliated
当你意识到
when you realized you'd damaged Captain Frank's remains.
你损坏了弗兰克队长的尸体 你一定很羞愧
You brought me back in here for that?
你就为这事又叫我过来
It was an accident. The damage was minor.
这是个意外 只是轻微的损伤
Really, minor, like this size?
轻微的 差不多这么轻微
That is a chip of 150-year-old c4 vertebra.
这是一个有150年历史的脊椎C4碎片
My lab found it embedded in Henry Charles' brain.
实验室发现它嵌入了亨利·查尔斯的脑部
See, we figured out that this piece of bone
我们发现这块骨头
got stuck in your ice Axe... the one that you used
嵌入了你的冰镐中 就是那把你用来
to manhandle Captain Frank's remains.
损坏弗兰克队长尸体的冰镐
The bone then migrated to Henry Charles' brain
在你用这把冰镐杀害亨利·查尔斯时
when you killed him with the very same Axe.
这片骨头也随之转移到了他的大脑
You have no idea what I was up against.
你完全不知道我要面对的是什么
I-I did all of my graduate work under Marcus Eldridge.
我的毕业设计都是在马库斯·埃尔德里奇手下做的
My entire career rode on his recommendation.
我的职业生涯都要依仗他的推荐
If the academic world discredited your advisor,
如果学术界怀疑你导师的信誉
you would have lost your credibility.
你的信誉也会因此饱受质疑
You couldn't take the chance that Henry Charles
你不能让亨利·查尔斯
would expose the truth.
有机会揭露真♥相♥
Eldridge couldn't even pull off a forgery
埃尔德里奇居然在这个星球最偏远的地方
in the most remote place on this earth.
都没办法完美造假
And then Henry comes along and wants me to help him
亨利过来找我 希望我帮助他
go public with Eldridge's lies?
当众揭穿埃尔德里奇的谎言
Right, so you just hit him over the head,
所以你就打了他的头
and you tossed him in an 80-foot crevasse.
把他扔到约25米深的冰缝里
It was either that or kiss my career good-bye.
如果不这样 我的事业就毁了
And I was not about to let all of that hard work
我不能让我那么多辛勤劳动
go down the drain.
毁于一旦
I wonder how Clark feels,
真不知道克拉克此刻的感受
knowing that he was in love with a murderer.
知道自己爱上了一个凶手
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表