trying to kill each other.
试着把对方杀死
Congratulations.
祝贺你
It looks like one of them succeeded.
看来他们其中一人做成功了
I understand you have authenticated the letter.
我知道你已经鉴定过这封信了
Please, no need to apologize for doubting its veracity.
不用 请别为怀疑它的真实性而道歉
Actually, I was wondering
事实上 我是想请你
if you can resolve a paradox for me.
帮我解释一个悖论
Do tell.
请讲
A document on 200-year-old paper,
一份写在两百年历史的纸张上的文件
written in 200-year-old ink
上面的字也是用两百年历史的墨水写的
found to have been written by a man
可它为什么会被查出
who was born 200 years after the document was created.
是由一个两百年之后才出生的人写的呢
Mm, clearly an impossibility.
显然这是不可能的嘛
And yet...
但是...
...the handwriting is a match.
...笔迹确实吻合的
Wh... um...
什么...
I knew of this letter
我知道这封信的事
because it was written by an officer in the Patriot Army
因为这是一位名叫伊卡伯德·克兰的
named Ichabod Crane.
爱国♥军♥军官写的
Your ancestor.
是你的祖先
Not being a scientist of your expertise,
我不懂你们那个专业的知识
I cannot say whether handwriting
我不知道字迹是不是
is an inherited trait.
一种遗传性状
Well, I have never known that to be a possibility.
我还不知道有可能发生这种事
Hence, your paradox.
因此 就有了你提出的悖论
Clearly I could not have been there to have written it.
显然我不可能回到过去写就它
"If you eliminate all other possibilities,
"如果把其他的可能性都排除了
whatever remains must be the truth."
剩下来的那种可能一定是真的"
Sherlock Holmes.
夏洛克·福尔摩斯
So I take it this means you'll allow me to take the body?
那么我想这意味着你同意我带走尸体了
When the case is solved.
等到案子解决了就行
As it turns out,
目前我们查出了
Howe's skull is the murder weapon.
豪的头骨是凶器
We found it in the waste from the anatomy lab.
我们在解剖室的垃圾里找到了
Based on the fractured occipital,
根据枕骨上的裂纹
it appears the killer held the skull like so.
凶手当时应该是这样拿着头颅
Our best bet would have been to find
我们很可能在豪将军的
trace evidence in General Howe's canine.
犬牙里找到少量证据
However, it was knocked out during the murder
但它在犯案过程中被敲落了
and we can't find it.
我们找不到它
Because it came loose.
因为它变松了
He was thrown by a wild stallion he was trying to tame
他接管了英国♥军♥队后 想要驯服一匹野种马
after he took control of the British forces.
被这匹马给甩了出去
Wouldn't a man of his stature have used false teeth?
他那么有地位的人应该会用假牙吧
Iron, or ivory,
铁质 象牙
or animal teeth?
或者动物的牙齿
Oh, he tried those.
他都试过
Then he learned the French had developed porcelain teeth.
后来他听说法国人发明了烤瓷牙
If Howe's canine was porcelain,
如果豪的犬牙是烤瓷
it would have shattered on impact,
受力应该会碎裂
possibly injuring the killer's hand.
很可能伤到了凶手的手
Mr. Crane brought to my attention
克兰先生提醒到我了
that we made a faulty assumption.
我们做了一个错误的假设
We didn't account for the magical powers of the skull?
我们没有考虑到头骨的魔力吗
No, we didn't account for the fact
不是 我们没有考虑到
that the missing tooth isn't a tooth.
那枚不见的牙齿并不是牙齿
So, he had a false tooth? Yes.
你是说他有一枚假牙 没错
Made of porcelain. If the tooth
瓷质的 如果这颗牙齿
scraped the killer's hand...
刮到了凶手的手
There's a significant possibility
那上面很可能就有
of covering epithelial cells.
凶手的上皮细胞
But if Howe had a porcelain tooth, where is it now?
但如果豪真有一颗烤瓷牙 又在哪呢
Porcelain.
瓷
The coffee cup.
那个咖啡杯
I-I have all of these pieces
这个咖啡杯的所有碎片
of a broken coffee cup.
我都收集起来了
The porcelain could have easily gotten mixed in there.
瓷很容易就混在里面了
Dr. Hodgins, go over that piece again here.
哈金斯博士 再仔细看那一片
Its hue doesn't match the others.
这个色泽和其他的不一样
You're right.
你说得对
And it's got a pointed cusp and single root like a canine.
它有一头是尖的 而且和犬牙一样有单根
Bet it was nice and shiny, back in the day.
在过去肯定漂亮又闪亮
And if it wasn't with the skull, maybe the killer
如果它和头骨没在一起 或许凶手就
didn't clean it off.
没有清理它
We found your skin cells
我们找到了你的皮肤细胞
on the skull that you slammed into Sarah's head.
就在你摔向萨拉脑袋的那个头骨上
I touched the thing.
我确实碰过它
I-I went with her to dig it up. So what?
我和她一起把它挖出来 这又怎么了
You sure a jury's going to buy that?
你觉得陪审团会信你的话吗
I think I need to talk to a lawyer.
我觉得我该找个律师
Just relax. Slow down, Joel, okay?
放轻松 慢慢来好吧 乔尔
Why don't you tell us what happened that night.
你说说那天晚上发生了什么吧
What night are you talking about?
你是说哪天晚上
The night that Sarah died,
萨拉遇害那天晚上
she got two vials of drugs,
她拿了两瓶药
enough to match your body weight.
剂量和你的体重符合
You lied to us.
你对我们说谎了
Sarah didn't change because
萨拉没有变
you rubbed off on her-- she changed
因为是你在以她为榜样
after she saw the other side.
但她看到那边的世界就变了
Whatever she saw changed her life,
她看到的东西彻底改变了她的生活
and she wanted you to experience the same thing.
而且她想让你也有同样的体验
Okay, okay, I lied.
好吧 我说了谎
All right, but not because I killed her.
好吧 但不是说我杀了她
I didn't want to get kicked out of the program.
我只是不想被这个项目踢出去
I have a close friend who went through something similar.
我有个好友也经历过类似的事情
He died...
他死过一次
came back.
又回来了
Everything changed for him.
他整个都变了
He was never the same.
再也不像原来那样了
Is that what happened to you, Joel?
你是不是也这样呢 乔尔
It's not like I really died.
我并没感觉真的死了
I was only out for a few seconds.
我就失去意识了几秒
It wasn't that big a deal.
不是什么大事
Okay, we found this picture of you and her.
好吧 我们找到这张合影
You're wearing your cross in that picture,
你在照片里还戴着十字架
and now you're not wearing that.
现在却没戴了
You stop believing, or something?
你是不信了吗 还是别的原因
What did you see?
你看到什么了
What did you see on the other side?
你在那边的世界看到了什么
Nothing.
什么都没有
Nothing happened.
什么也没有发生
She said it would be amazing.
她说会是令人赞叹的场景
I always had faith,
我一直信教
but there was nothing.
但那边什么也没有
I mean, how are you supposed to live with that,
这么一来我该怎么活下去呢
knowing that there's nothing after?
知道了死后其实什么也没有
She took your faith away, didn't she?
她毁掉了你的信仰 是吧
And you killed her.
于是你就杀了她
I didn't mean to.
我不是故意的
She was holding that stupid skull
她当时举着那个蠢透的头骨
and I just...
我就
I snapped.
我发了火
Before I knew it, she was gone.
当我反应过来的时候她已经死了
Cheers.
干杯
To new friends. Mm. New friends.
致新朋友 新朋友
Together we accomplished the impossible.
我们一起完成了不可能的任务
Uh, no, there's nothing impossible
不对 侦破凶杀案这回事上
about solving a murder.
没有什么是不可能的
It's merely a matter of proper application
只不过是对科学方法的
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表