Naturally, it also behooves you
自然 你也理应
to prepare the necessary lie for the public.
准备一些必要的谎话来骗公众
Speaking of which,
说到这里
is that the, uh, damage control room in there?
那里就是损害控制办公室吧
No, actually, my aides are rushing
不是 我的助手们是在忙着
to prepare a bill to increase the debt ceiling.
准备法案来增加债务上限
Last thing we need is another government shutdown.
我们可不想让政♥府♥再关门
It must be quite difficult
你的手下要忙
for your staff to put all that into their work,
这么多事情 肯定很不容易吧
knowing it is unlikely
他们明知道
for any senator to actually read it before a vote.
没有参议员会在投票前读到法案
I must ask if we could return to the investigation.
我想请两位回到这起案件调查
Sure, let's back it up a bit, Bones, you know.
好 骨头 咱俩先别这么咄咄逼人了
I find myself quite curious
我很好奇
as to how you plan to spin the fact
你要如何捏造事实
that Senator O'Malley was hacked to pieces.
掩藏奥马利参议员被剁成块的真♥相♥
So you're saying Rick was dismembered?
你是说瑞克被人肢解了
What's interesting is the placement of the hack marks.
肢解痕迹的位置很有意思
As a former surgeon,
作为前任外科医生
you know it is ideal to cut along the joints.
你知道沿着关节切更为合理
Killer didn't do that. He chopped all over the place.
但杀手却没这么做 他根本是一通乱砍
So whoever did this is likely ignorant of human anatomy.
所以凶手可能对人体解剖学一无所知
Or the killer is cunning
或者凶手也可能很狡猾
and is trying to mislead the investigation.
想要误导案件调查方向
Perhaps we should bring this discussion into my office.
或许我们应该进我办公室聊
Great idea.
好主意
Good job, Bones.
好样的 骨头
Is that for me?
这是给我的吗
Oh, yes. I sure as hell am not drinking any catnip tea.
当然 我可不想喝什么猫薄荷茶
Wow, you remembered my drink.
你记得我喜欢喝的饮料呢
It's definitely an acquired taste,
这是我的小嗜好
but I guess that sums me up in a nutshell, too.
不过也算是我的一个小概括吧
So... uh, so what's up?
你有什么事吗
Oh, um, well, Caroline asked me to clear you for the case,
卡罗琳让我调查你 看你能否参与这起案件
so I had to run a background check.
所以我要调查一下你的背景
Is this about the time I peed at the Lincoln Memorial?
这事和我之前在林肯纪念堂尿尿有关吗
Because I had a terrible UTI that day.
我那天真的是尿路感染太严重了
Um, no.
并不是
Somehow that detail was left out.
这件事并没被记录在案
But...
但是
were you involved with Greenpeace in college?
你上大学时参加过绿色和平组织吗
Yeah, so?
是的 有什么事吗
So you were engaged with an activist group
所以你参加过一个以侵略性策略著称的
known for its aggressive tactics.
激进团体
Now, is that you in the crowd?
人群中的这个人是你吗
Look, brillo-head,
好吧 厉害的家伙
you're getting me kind of nervous here.
你让我有点紧张了
So were you present five minutes after this photo was taken
这张照片拍摄完后 你是不是待了五分钟
when a pipe bomb exploded outside of the building?
然后有一颗土制炸♥弹♥在大楼外面爆♥炸♥
Greenpeace had nothing to do with that,
绿色和平组织跟这件事没关系
and neither did I.
我跟这件事也没关系
We were the victims.
我们都是受害者
Just check the police reports.
你去查查警方记录就知道了
Okay. And then what about when you were on the road
好的 那你和费西合唱团同行时
with the band Phish?
发生了什么
There were no bombs there.
那可没有炸♥弹♥
Yeah, there were drugs.
是的 但是有毒品
I know. I had a great time.
我知道 我玩得很尽兴
But that was then.
但是那些都是年少轻狂的过往
What are you saying?
你什么意思
That my past is gonna ruin my future?
我的过往会毁掉我的未来吗
Okay, so just to be clear, you-you don't do drugs anymore?
我们得说清楚了 你现在不再嗑药了吗
I haven't in a while,
我已经很久不碰了
but that doesn't mean I'm never gonna do them again.
但是我无法保证今后永不再碰
Uh, I never say never.
我从来都不说绝不
Everything okay?
一切都还好吧
Yeah.Yeah, no, I'm just trying to figure out
是的 没事 我只是想搞清楚
how to report this back to Caroline.
到底该怎么跟卡罗琳汇报
You could just... not.
你也可以 闭口不谈
I mean, everything in that file is in the before.
档案里的一切都是过往
I am who I am because of my past,
因为我的过去 我就是我
but I'm not the same person anymore.
但是我不是之前的那个人了
Are you the same kid
你还是当年那个
who watched his dad being hauled off to jail?
眼睁睁看着父亲被抓进监狱的孩子吗
No.
不是了
So?
所以
Hey, stop that.
别这样
You don't get to look at me all disappointed like that.
你不要这样失望地看着我
No, I'm not,
我没有
I'm not disappointed.
我没有很失望
I'm-I'm just, um...
我 我只是
Can we just forget this conversation ever happened?
我们能不能假装这段对话从没发生过
I don't know.
我不知道
Can you?
你可以吗
So, O'Malley's chief of staff
奥马利的幕僚长说
said that you had frequent meetings with the senator.
你经常和参议院会谈
His wife also said that you called him
他的妻子还说不管白天还是半夜
at all hours of the day and night.
你随时会给他打电♥话♥
That's right.
没错
I like to maintain a close working relationship
我习惯与新晋参议员
with freshman senators.
保持密切的工作关系
"Working" Relationship?
工作关系吗
What are you implying?
你在暗示什么
As you undoubtedly know,
你必定知道
political figures often use their positions of power
政♥治♥人物经常使用他们的政♥治♥权力
to circumvent conventional mores
避开传统道德观念
and engage in extramarital affairs.
并且搞婚外恋
Well, I'm flattered that you think
你认为我拥有与他人发生风流韵事的魅力
that I have the stamina for an affair,
这点你过奖了
but I assure you, there was nothing between us.
不过我保证 我们之间是清白的
Right, and yet you were at the fund-raiser with him last night, correct?
你昨晚和他一起参加募捐集♥会♥ 对吧
I mean, that was the last place he was seen.
这是他最后一次出现在公众视野里
You don't think someone
你该不会认为
from the fund-raiser murdered him?
募捐集♥会♥的人杀了他吧
I don't know, why don't you tell me.
我不知道 不如你告诉我
I mean, this is politics.
这可是政♥治♥
Somebody must have a grudge against him.
肯定有人对他怀恨在心
Not within the party.
党派内没有人恨他
Still, I'm happy to provide you with the guest list.
不过我愿意给你们提供一份宾客名单
Actually, now that I think about it,
我想起来了
there was an incident.
确实有个小插曲
This handful of protestors.
有几个抗♥议♥者
The security had them removed,
保安把他们赶出去了
but I remember Rick seeming unnerved.
不过我记得里克看起来非常焦躁不安
He left shortly after.
很快他就离开了
You think the two events are connected?
你认为这两件事之间有联♥系♥吗
It's possible.
有可能
What were the protests against?
这些抗♥议♥者到底在反抗什么
An amendment to the debt ceiling bill.
债务上限法案的修正案
One that hit Rick pretty close to home.
修正案真正触到里克的痛处了
It's an order to reduce coal emissions.
是一项减少煤炭排放量的命令
O'Malley's platform
奥马利的核心政♥治♥观点
was in support of coal miners.
是支持煤炭工人
So why would the protestors make him a target?
那怎么会当他为目标呢
Because Rick was going to vote in favor of the bill,
因为尽管有那些增加的措施
despite the added measure.
里克还是打算投票支持该法案
And let me guess,
我猜测
you're the one who persuaded him to vote against his conscience.
你试图说服他昧着自己的良心投票
Sometimes, Agent Booth,
布斯探员 有时候
we all have to make sacrifices for the sake of the party.
大家都要为党派做出牺牲
剧集 | 识骨寻踪(2005) | 导航列表