She mentioned something about wanting to talk to both of us.
她刚说要跟我们俩谈谈
Alicia, we need you over here.
艾丽西娅 我们需要你过来下
Uh, we're not talking to Jackie.
我们千万别和杰姬谈
I know.
我知道
Anyway, how do you feel about tomorrow?
你对明天有何感想
Tomorrow? Empty nest?
明天怎么了 空巢家长啊
I'll be fine. I'll see you tonight at 8:00.
我没事 晚上八点见
Oh, Eli.
伊莱
You busy?
你有空吗
I thought we were only watching things that had to do with us.
我以为我们只看和我们有关的事呢
This does. Alicia was open to the idea at one point,
这就是 艾丽西娅曾愿意接受这个主意
but others were reluctant.
但其他人不太乐意
What can we offer them? Guaranteed partnerships?
我们能承诺他们什么呢 合伙人吗
They want to merge? Diane does.
他们想合并吗 戴安想
I don't think Canning's scheme has anything to do with this.
我觉得坎宁的计划恐怕与此无关
Cary wants three years of segregated Chumhum money.
凯里想要三年独占的查查网收益
We can't do that. I know.
我们不能同意这个条件 我知道
Can you talk to him, Kalinda, see what you can do?
你能和他谈谈吗 凯琳达 看看有什么办法
I know we keep asking this of you,
我知道我们总是让你这样做
but it's important.
但这件事很重要
Sure.
没问题
What can she do?
她能做什么
I guess I don't understand.
我不是很明白
Kalinda has a way with Cary.
凯琳达对凯里有一套
We've exploited this before.
我们利用过这一点
So, Canning will vote against the merger,
那么 坎宁会投票反对合并
so we wait until after the managing partnership vote.
所以我们要等到管理合伙人投票结束后
I go to Florrick-Agos. We guarantee them
我去找福&艾律所 承诺他们
an equal number of seats on the managing committees
管理委员会里等额的席位
and 18 months of segregated Chumhum profit.
和十八个月独占的查查网收益
Hello.
你好
Cary, uh, what are you doing?
凯里 在干什么呢
Working.
工作
Are we still on for 6:00 this evening?
我们今晚六点还见面吗
6:00.
六点
Do you still want to be?
你还想见面吗
Yeah. Um, don't you?
当然 你不想吗
Sure.
当然想
You're being weird.
你听上去怪怪的
Look, I'll see you tonight at 6:00, okay?
晚上六点见好吗
Yep.
好的
We need to discuss this.
我们要谈一谈这个问题
Where?
在哪儿
Can I just say
我能说
this was a stupid design choice?
这真是个愚蠢的设计吗
We need someplace with walls and doors.
我们需要一些有墙有门的封闭空间
Like Lockhart/Gardner?
像洛&加律所一样吗
I think we should merge.
我觉得我们应该合并
I disagree.
我不同意
They're offering us
他们给予我们
equal spots on management committees.
一半的管理委员会席位
That's where all the decisions are made.
那是作出决定的地方
We could be the top firm in Chicago. Yes.
我们可以成为芝加哥顶尖的律所 是的
And your name will be on the letterhead and mine won't.
你的名字会印在信笺抬头而我的不会
You don't know that.
你不能确定这点
Alicia,
艾丽西娅
don't try to sell me.
别把我卖♥♥了
You are the governor's wife. Your name means something.
你是州长夫人 你的名字意味着些什么
So we'll insist that yours is on it, too.
那我们坚持要求你的名字也要在上面
Well, why would we do this?
我们为什么要这样做
We said we wanted to build something from the ground up,
我们曾说要从头做起
something that we could be proud of.
一份值得我们骄傲的事业
Why would we go back?
我们为什么要回去呢
Because we're struggling.
因为我们在挣扎
Because...
因为
I'm tired.
我累了
What?
什么
I'm tired!
我累了
I don't want to just keep struggling to stay alive.
我不想为了生存而一直挣扎下去
That's not why you're tired.
那不是你累了的原因
Excuse me?
你说什么
You are not tired because of work.
你不是因为工作感到疲惫
Are we talking about Will?
你是在说威尔的事吗
Is it about Will?
这是因为威尔吗
If you're angry at what Kalinda said,
如果你因为凯琳达的事感到生气
you take it out on her.
你拿她出气去
I've got the votes, Cary.
我有多数票 凯里
I've got the votes to get us to merge.
我有足够的票让我们合并
So that's how it'll be?
所以这就是事情的发展方向吗
Fight to the death?
针锋相对 互不相让吗
No. We vote.
不 我们投票
Can you do something for me?
你能帮我做点事吗
Just me.
只为我
You can't tell Alicia. What?
你不能告诉艾丽西娅 什么
Sound out the partners. Get a head count
试探一下合伙人的意向 做个关于
on merging with Lockhart/Gardner.
和洛&哈律所合并的意向调查
No, we can't merge with them.
不 我们不能和他们合并
They'll lay off half our staff.
他们会裁掉我们一半的人
I know.
我知道
I need a vote count in an hour. You got it.
一小时内给我计票结果 没问题
Bob, hey.
鲍勃
You got a minute to talk about this merger stuff?
你有时间谈谈合并的事吗
Diane, thank you for coming in on such short notice.
戴安 谢谢你这么快赶来
Of course. It's an honor.
别客气 这是我的荣幸
I hope you don't mind if Kalinda sits in.
希望你不介意凯琳达的参与
She's become an invaluable girl Friday.
她已经成为一个不可估量的得力助手
Kalinda, hi.
凯琳达 你好
Peter.
彼得
So, Mr. Governor,
那么 州长先生
what is this pressing matter?
有什么要紧的事吗
Well, we hated
我们对
how it ended up last year with the Supreme Court spot,
去年最高法♥院♥职位一事的结果感到很遗憾
and we wanted to bring this offer to you personally.
这次我们想亲自对你发出邀请
I'm glad you did. Diane,
我很高兴你们来找我 戴安
how would you feel
你对于
about running for state's attorney?
竞选州检察官一事意下如何
Yes, we were endorsing Finn Polmar,
没错 我们之前支持芬恩·波尔马
but he's in the process of dropping out.
但他将要退出选举
And, uh, you're prevetted. Actually,
而且你已经通过预先审查了 实际上
we think you would also make a terrific state's attorney.
我们觉得你也能成为一个出色的州检察官
Yes.
是的
But not Supreme Court justice?
而不是最高法♥院♥法官
Well, unfortunately, that position
很遗憾 那个职位
has been offered to Harley Joseph.
已经给哈利·约瑟夫了
Yes, I know.
是的 我知道
This is an honor, Diane.
这是一个荣誉 戴安
We're offering to put all the power and prestige
我们将提供州长办公室的
of the governor's office behind you.
全部权力和威望支持你
I really do hope you will...
我真心希望你能
consider it.
考虑一下
Uh, when do you need an answer?
你们什么时候需要答复
Tomorrow. We need to play a little bit of catch-up.
明天 我们得抓紧了
Good. Thank you.
好的 谢谢
I shall consider it.
我会考虑的
You all right?
你还好吗
You mean because they offered me the state's attorney's office
你这么问是因为他们提供我州检察官
and not Supreme Court justice?
而不是最高法♥院♥法官的职位
And they didn't come to me first?
并且我不是他们的第一选择
And they only came to me because I was pre-vetted?
以及他们只是因为我通过了预审才来找我吗
Am I all right with that?
我说得对吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表