I think this conversation is oddly stilted.
我觉得这段对话很奇怪很刻意
Okay, let me make it less stilted.
让我帮你安一下心
I could get three years for election fraud.
我会因选举舞弊而做三年牢
Why do I do that?
我为什么要这么做
Because you're a good soldier.
因为你是一枚好卒子
I could get less if I testified.
如果我做污点证人可以减刑
And you'd have no friends, then.
但你就没有朋友了
Ever.
永远
Right now you have the friendship of the governor.
现在你和州长是朋友
Lot of good that does me.
我还真是得了不少好处呢
Better than no one.
比一个都没有强
Okay.
好吧
So it stops at you, right?
所以这事到你就停了 好吗
And I wasn't here.
我从没来过这里
Ms. Barrett, you commented about noticing
巴瑞特小姐 你说过你注意到
Ms. Riggs and Mr. Lampe.
里格斯女士和兰普先生
Did you see Ms. Riggs in the vicinity
你见过里格斯女士在商务舱的
of the business class restrooms?
洗手间附近出现吗
Yes. Is this the woman you saw
是的 你看到的是这个女人
enter the lavatory with Ms. Riggs?
跟里格斯女士一起进的洗手间吗
Objection, Your Honor. Relevance?
反对 法官阁下 与本案无关
The relevance is that
该问题与本案有关的原因是
Ms. Riggs was faking her love for our client
里格斯女士当时假装爱上了我当事人
in order to get him to deliver drugs.
从而利用他运毒
That is our contention, Your Honor.
这就是我们的论点 法官阁下
Overruled, I will allow.
反对无效 允许提问
Ms. Barrett, how long were Ms. Riggs and this woman
巴瑞特小姐 里格斯女士和这位女士
in the lavatory together?
在洗手间待了多长时间
About 15 minutes. And when they emerged from the bathroom,
15分钟吧 她们从洗手间出来时
did you notice anything unusual about Ms. Riggs?
你有察觉到里格斯女士有什么异样吗
It's okay.
没事的
She was adjusting her skirt.
她在整理自己的裙子
Thank you. It's not true, Howie.
谢谢 这不是真的 小霍
Excuse me, madam, no talking here.
抱歉 女士 不能交谈
Ms. Pine?
派恩小姐
Judge, may we approach?
法官 我们可以近一步讲话吗
The prosecution would like to recall Ms. Riggs' jury
控方想请里格斯女士的陪审团回庭
so they can hear this testimony on redirect.
以便听取关于本二次盘问的证词
We object to that, Your Honor.
我方反对 法官阁下
On what basis? Its prejudicial impact
以什么理由 其偏见影响
outweighs its probative value.
大于证明价值
That's why my client's jury was sequestered in the first place.
这也是我方当事人陪审团被要求回避的原因
No, your jury was sequestered
不 你们的陪审团回避
because Ms. Riggs counsel elicited the testimony.
是因为里格斯女士的律师诱导了作证
It's a different matter if the prosecution elicited it.
这与控方二次盘问不同
He's right, Ms. Lockhart.
他说的对 洛克哈特女士
Ms. Riggs' defense is that
里格斯女士的辩护理由是
she was manipulated by Mr. Lampe.
她被兰普先生操纵了
The prosecution wants to undercut that
而控方想通过提供证词表明
by presenting testimony alleging
其与一位陌生女子在飞机上幽会
an on-flight liaison with a stranger.
从而进行反驳
That's exactly right, Your Honor. Harris.
正是如此 法官阁下 哈里斯
Got it.
明白
You guys, let's go.
大家这边请
Yes, they were alone in the bathroom for 15 minutes.
是的 她们单独在洗手间待了15分钟
And based on your experience
以你当空姐的经验来说
as a flight attendant, when two people enter a lavatory,
当两个人同时进入洗手间
what is usually the purpose of that visit?
一般会在里面干什么呢
Objection, calls for speculation. Overruled.
反对 引导证人推测 反对无效
Sex. Of course.
做♥爱♥ 明显的
Ms. Barrett,
巴雷特女士
do you believe in pre-marital sex?
你支持婚前性行为吗
Objection, relevance. No.
反对 与本案无关 不支持
How is the witness's belief remotely relevant here?
证人支不支持和本案有关系吗
Is is connected to her perception of what happened.
这与她对所发生之事的看法有关
Overruled.
反对无效
Ms. Barrett, you disapprove of my client's lifestyle,
巴雷特女士 你不认同我当事人的生活方式
don't you? No.
对吗 没有啊
No? Well, my client is attractive,
不吗 我的当事人很有魅力
she's unmarried, she's traveling with a single man.
未婚 和单身男子一起旅行
You're jealous. Objection, argumentative.
你嫉妒了 反对 提问有争议
That one I'll sustain.
这次反对有效
Did my client ask you for a clip
我的当事人有没有向你要过一个回形针
to keep her skirt from slipping?
以固定其裙子不滑落
What?
什么
Did my client ask you for something
我的当事人有没有问你要过什么东西
to keep her skirt from slipping
以固定住裙子使之不往下掉
due to a broken clasp?
因为她裙子上有个扣子掉了
She did, but... that's not...
她是问我要了 但这个不是...
are you saying that that's why this woman
你是在暗示 所以那个女人
was helping her in the lavatory?
才会进洗手间帮她是吗
Yes. Objection, Your Honor, misstates the eviden...
是的 反对 法官阁下 虚假陈述
Don't object. One second, Your Honor.
别反对啊 稍等 法官阁下
We need to get the other jury back in here to hear this.
我们得让另一个陪审团也过来听听
Why do we need the other jury?
为啥要让他们也来听
We want to convict them both.
我们得证明他俩都有罪
She can't be seen as screwing around on him.
不能让人觉得她只是在跟那个男人玩玩
Are you counselors still objecting?
你们还打算反对吗
Actually, no, Your Honor. We withdraw our objections
不了 法官阁下 我们撤回这次反对
and ask that we be allowed to redirect this witness
并请求在另一个陪审团前
in front of the other jury.
再次询问证人
Are you friggin' kidding me? Harris.
你♥他♥妈♥在逗我 哈里斯
Why is that, Counselor?
为什么 律师
We need to...
我们需要...
I don't know, I...
我不知道 我...
Because?
因为所以
It was just about my skirt. I know.
都怪我的裙子啦 我知道
I trust you. Here they come.
我相信你 他们过来了
They're offering six years. For each of you,
他们开的条件是六年 每人六年
but it's a package deal. You both plead
但有附带条件 你们要么一起承认
to simple possession or neither of you do.
持有毒品 要么谁都不承认
Oh, it's an elementary game theory, you know?
这算是基本博弈论了
We're better off if we act together,
如果我们一起行动可能结果不错
but not as well off as we might be if we act alone.
但如果各顾各的 也许会更好
It's the prosecution's idea.
控方就是这么打算的
They want to play you against each other.
他们想要你们窝里斗
They weren't offering a plea before trial,
本来在审讯前他们是不会给出认罪协议的
now they are.
但他们现在这么做了
It means they know we've made a dent in their case.
这说明他们知道我们对本案有所削弱
And wh-what are our chances of beating this?
那我们胜诉的几率有多大呢
Um... why don't we talk over here?
要不我们借一步说话吧
No, no, no. No. We're, uh...
不不不不 我们...
we're in this together.
我们是一条船上的
Okay.
好吧
You cut a pretty sympathetic figure, Howard.
你给陪审团的印象相当让人同情 霍华德
Because my jury thinks Darla manipulated me?
因为我的陪审团认为达拉在操纵着我
Yes.
是的
What about my jury?
我的陪审团呢
It's better if they think you're Howard's pawn.
让他们觉得你是霍华德的棋子对你更有利
So our best chance here
就是说我们最有利的机会
is if no one believes we're in love.
就是不让任何人认为我们是在相爱
Yes.
是的
It's only for the purpose of the trial.
这完全是为了审讯考虑
It's just for how you appear in court.
只是关系到你们在法庭上的表现
It's not really why...
这不是真的...
That's one of my jurors.
那是我们的陪审员
Talking to one of mine.
正在和我们的陪审员说话
Can I buy you a drink?
赏脸喝一杯吗
I have a drink.
我有酒
I'll buy you another.
我再请你一杯
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表