in a smuggling scheme engineered...
参与了走私阴谋...
Objection. Calls for speculation.
反对 引导证人推测
Sustained.
反对有效
Your Honor, we are codefendants here.
法官阁下 我们是共同辩护
Ms. Lockhart can't object.
洛克哈德女士不能反对
He sustained your objection to our questioning.
他也承认你对我们的反对有效
Yeah, which was a mistake.
是的 但这是不对的
Excuse me, Your Honor.
抱歉 法官阁下
I'm not gonna allow Mr. Agos to criticize this...
我不能让艾格斯先生批评这个...
Mr. Gold, is the man
戈德先生 监控照片里的
in this surveillance photo Mr. Jim Moody?
那名男子是吉姆·穆迪先生吗
As far as I can tell, yes. Did you order
在我看来是的 是你下令
Mr. Moody to perform these actions?
让穆迪先生这么做的吗
No, I did not.
不 我没有
Did you ever hint to Mr. Moody
你有暗示过穆迪先生
that he should do something illegal
他应该采取非法行为
regarding the ballot boxes?
以对这些投票箱动手脚吗
Yes? That's too broad.
怎么了 这问题范围太大了
What part? Did I ever hint?
哪部分 我暗示过吗
You're saying you did hint?
你的意思是你确实暗示过
No, I'm saying the answer to a question like that
不 我是说这个问题的答案
could lead to misunderstandings.
可能会导致一些误会
Eli, we have to be honest with each other.
伊莱 我们得坦诚相对
Marilyn, I make 800 decisions a day.
玛丽莲 我一天要做八百个决定
During a campaign, it's twice that many.
在竞选期间还得加倍
I can not micro-manage
我无法精确地管理到
every person I give a direction to.
我给过指示的每一个人
There's not enough time.
根本没这个时间
I give them a direction,
我跟他们指示
then let them exercise their creativity
让他们自♥由♥发挥
in accomplishing that... direction.
去完成那个...指示
And is "Creativity" a euphemism for "Illegality"?
这个「自♥由♥发挥」是指「非法行为」吗
No.
不
What direction did you give Jim Moody
你当时给了吉姆·穆迪什么指示
that he might have exercised his creativity to do that?
让他有可能自♥由♥发挥做出了这种事
I said we were short of votes in the 12th precinct,
我说我们在12区缺票
and we needed to get out the vote.
我们得多搞到一些票
There's nothing wrong with saying "Get out the vote."
「多搞一些票」这说法没什么问题
There's a chance...
当时也许有可能...
I said we needed to do whatever we could.
我还说了不惜一切手段都要搞到
But I would insist that is my manner.
但我必须强调 这只是我说话的方式
I am absolutist in my encouragement...
我在鼓励手下人的时候
toward my underlings.
是比较专♥制♥的
Here's the problem, Eli.
伊莱 现在的问题是
If Mr. Moody believes you encouraged him
如果穆迪先生认为你是在怂恿他
to stuff that ballot box, your words are problematic.
对投票箱做手脚 那你的证词就有问题了
I did not order him.
我没这么吩咐他
Will Mr. Moody back you up on that?
穆迪先生可以证实你的说法吗
Sorry, I have to pack for a red-eye tonight.
抱歉 我得收拾行李赶红眼航♥班♥
After court. Oh, that's all right, Ms. Barrett,
出庭完就走 没关系 巴瑞特小姐
this'll only take a minute.
我只需要耽误你一会
I already told the prosecution everything I know.
我知道的情况都已经告诉控方了
They're supposed to share it with you, right?
他们应该会告诉你的 不是吗
Yeah. But I'm wondering about some things
对 但是有些事我还有些存疑
that they may not have asked you about.
也许他们没问过你
Do you want a gummy bear? I do.
想来块糖吗 好的
Thanks. So did Ms.Riggs exhibit
谢谢 里格斯女士在飞机上
any other sketchy behavior on the flight?
有做过其他一些不雅的事吗
Like, did she drink too much or maybe steal magazines?
比如她有没有喝多了或者偷杂♥志♥之类的
No. Why?
没有 怎么了
Well, you've seen my client, right?
你也见过我的当事人了
Why would a woman like her be interested in a guy like him,
为什么她这样的女人会喜欢那样的男人
a dorky calculus professor?
一个古怪的数学教授
Unless she was using him.
除非她想利用他
Well there was that thing in the bathroom.
她确实在洗手间干了那事
Yeah, that thing in the bathroom.
好吧 洗手间的那事
Sorry, wait, what was that thing in the bathroom?
等等 洗手间的那事是什么事
The... Mile High Club thing.
是...「高空激♥情♥」那种咯
Robyn. Hello. Hello.
罗宾 你好 你好
May I help you?
有什么事吗
Yeah, I just need to ask you some questions.
我有几个问题想问你
We just don't understand
我们不能理解
why we get the small jury room
凭什么我们用小的陪审团休息室
and the other jury gets the big one.
而另一个陪审团能用大的
It's not the big one.
那个不是大的
Ours is just as small.
我们用的也是小的
I'll remind you, sir, that you are in the jury box.
我想提醒你先生 你已经坐在陪审席里了
You asked us to share that, remember?
是你让我们轮流坐的啊 你忘了吗
We will rotate the jury rooms as well as the seats.
那就跟座位一样 轮流使用陪审团休息室吧
It was a full flight
当时航♥班♥满员
and we had no more overhead space.
头顶的行李架已经满了
So I told Mr. Lampe his carry-on
所以我告诉兰普先生 他的行李
would have to be stowed a few rows away.
需要放在几排之外的地方
And how did he respond to that? He was agitated,
他对此作何反应 他很激动
argued with me about it. In fact...
还跟我争执起来 事实上...
there came a point when the bag became the subject of dispute
后来这个行李还引起了
between Mr. Lampe and another passenger,
兰普先生和另一名乘客的争执
didn't it? Yes, the passenger in 26B
是这样吗 是的 和26B的乘客
tried to move it to access his own bag,
他想挪一下那个包好拿到自己的行李
and Mr. Lampe shouted at him.
兰普先生冲他大吼大叫
And exactly what did Mr. Lampe shout?
兰普先生具体吼了什么呢
Objection, hearsay.
反对 传闻证据
Your Honor, we object to that objection.
法官阁下 我方反对这个反对
The jury has a right to hear this exculpatory evidence.
陪审团有权利听取该无罪证据
Which jury?
哪个陪审团
Our jury. Ms. Riggs' jury.
我们的 里格斯先生的陪审团
Not in our jury's presence, Your Honor.
法官阁下 不能当着我们的陪审团的面
It is hearsay. But not when used defensively.
虽然是无事实依据 但现在这用于辩护
Harris, please escort that jury,
哈里斯 请送陪审团
the jury listening to Mr. Lampe's defense,
听取兰普先生辩护的陪审团
out to the jury room.
离开法庭
But leave the other jury behind.
留下另一个陪审团
Let's go. This way.
这边走
What did you hear Mr. Lampe shout
你听到兰普先生对那个
at the passenger who tried to move his carry-on?
试图移♥动♥他行李的乘客吼了什么
He said, "Let go of my bag."
他说 放下我的包
And did Ms. Riggs intervene in this argument?
那里格斯女士有参与这场争执吗
Objection, Your Honor,
反对 法官阁下
our jury should be allowed to hear this.
我们的陪审团应该听取这个信息
You said it was hearsay.
你刚说这是传闻证据
No, the statement was hearsay,
不 那句话是传闻证据
not the ensuing encounter.
但接下来发生的不是
Your Honor, we object to the other defense editing
法官阁下 我方反对对方选择性
the testimony as they so wish. What does it matter to you?
接受供词 你到底是想做什么
You act like this is a zerosum game. Thank you.
你把这搞得像是玩零和博弈 谢谢
The jury will be allowed back in.
陪审团将重回法庭
Harris?
哈里斯
Way ahead of you, Your Honor.
早有准备 法官阁下
"We're taking the gloves off." That's what you told me.
我们要放手一搏 你是这样告诉我的
But I never authorized you to...
但我从来没有批准你去...
I didn't know you were gonna do this.
我不知道你会那样做
Eli, I could fill a book
伊莱 你认为那些
with what you know about what you don't know.
你不知道的勾当 我都可以出一本书了
So where are you taking this?
你这是想说什么
I'm taking this...
我想说...
where you want me to take this.
你想让我怎么说 我就怎么说
If you're taping this, Jim,
如果你在录音 吉姆
I'm not offering third-party consent,
我不会提供第三方同意
so any recording will be considered inadmissible.
所以任何录音都是不被承认的
You think that of me?
原来你是这么想我的
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表