I see no reason why she cannot be called to the stand.
我不明白她有什么理由不能被传上庭
Neither can I.
我也不明白
I will grant a subpoena for Mrs. Florrick.
我同意给福瑞克夫人发传票
You had time for a visit in the middle of
在科林·斯威尼的又一场闹剧中
this new Colin Sweeney mess.
你还有空过来拜访
I'm impressed.
我印象深刻
This time, it's his fiancee.
这次 是他的未婚妻
Well, what can I do for you?
我能为你做什么
Mr. Governor, I...
州长先生 我
I hate to toot my own horn.
我讨厌自吹自擂
Oh, toot away.
吹走啊
Thank you. Since I took over the department,
谢谢了 自我接手这个部门后
our conviction rate has gone up.
我们的定罪率提高了
I think that speaks to our increased scrutiny over prosecutions.
我认为这是我们增加起诉审查的效果
Like Jeffrey Grant?
像杰弗里·格兰特案那样吗
Jeffrey Grant was a tragedy.
杰弗里·格兰特案是个悲剧
We had an ASA who was looking to make his bones.
我们有个想崭露头角的助理州检察官
He overreached.
他做的太过了
You want my endorsement?
你想要我的支持吗
Yes, I do.
是的 我需要
As you know, continuity is very important in this office,
你知道 连续性对这个部门是很重要的
and this green ASA is planning to run against me.
这个嫩头青助理州检察官在计划与我竞选
I have the endorsement of the DCC,
我有民♥主♥党委员会的支持
and I intend to do everything I can to win.
为了获胜我会全力以赴
Jim, do you have a problem with my wife?
吉姆 你跟我妻子有过节吗
No, no, Mr. Governor,
不 没有 州长先生
I have no problems with anyone.
我跟任何人都没有过节
That's why I'm the front runner in this race.
这就是为什么我在这次竞选中领先
But if you think there is a problem with your wife,
但如果你认为你妻子有问题的话
what better way to show the fairness
有什么比支持我更能显示
of your own administration than by... endorsing me?
你这届政♥府♥更公正呢
Thanks for dropping by, Jim.
谢谢你过来 吉姆
Thanks for your time.
谢谢你的时间
Eli. Jim.
伊莱 吉姆
Governor.
州长
I don't know what you're thinking, but it's a mistake.
我不知道你在想什么 但这是个错误
What's a mistake?
什么是个错误
The thing you're thinking that I don't know what it is.
你正在想的我不知道的事
He's gonna win.
他会获胜的
You want to endorse a winner,
你想支持一个赢家
especially one you appointed to his position.
尤其是你任命的人
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
Waiting to be called in?
等着被传唤吗
Can I tell you something before you enter?
在你进去前我能跟你说件事吗
I'd rather you not.
我宁愿不要
I'm in love.
我恋爱了
Renata, she means the world to me.
蕾娜塔 她就是我的世界
I just want to make sure you don't remember things incorrectly.
我只想确认你没有记住不正确的事情
What would "incorrectly" be?
不正确的事情是什么
I don't know.
我不知道
Something that might endanger my merger.
一些会危及到我并购的事
I know that means
我知道那对你公♥司♥
a million-dollar bonus to your firm.
意味着一百万美金的奖金
Mr. Sweeney, I want you to stop right now.
斯威尼先生 我要你马上停止
I'm not asking you to lie for me.
我不是叫你为我撒谎
It's just you were so very helpful in getting me off.
只是我能不能脱身此事就全看你的帮助了
The victim objected to Renata
被害人反对蕾娜塔
taking a seat on the board.
进入董事会
From what I understood,
就我的理解来看
Ms. Donnelly was an animal rights activist
唐娜丽小姐是一名动物权益保护者
and she objected to the testing practices of the company
她反对斯威尼先生的公♥司♥
Mr. Sweeney was acquiring.
正在寻求的检测
And Renata and Morgan fought over it?
蕾娜塔和摩根在为此吵架吗
They disagreed.
她们意见不合
A heated disagreement? Spirited.
激烈的争执吗 热烈的
And what was the outcome of this spirited argument?
热烈争执的结果是什么
There was no resolution. Thank you.
没有决定 谢谢
I realize it must be difficult given that
我意识到你处境的困难
you represented Mr. Sweeney in a prev...
考虑到你代理了斯威尼先生
Objection, Your Honor. Counselor's testifying.
反对 法官阁下 律师在作证
Yes, cuts down on the need for witnesses. Sustained.
对 围绕到证人的询问上来 反对有效
No more questions.
没有其他问题了
Mrs. Florrick...
福瑞克夫人
Is Colin Sweeney an important client?
科林·斯威尼是你的重要客户吗
He is.
是的
And it would hurt your firm's bottom line if he were in prison?
如果他进了监狱会影响你律所的利益吗
Objection. Relevance. Sustained.
反对 与本案无关 反对有效
The police first questioned you about Mr. Sweeney's
警方一开始询问了你斯威尼先生
possible involvement in the murder.
是否可能涉嫌这起谋杀
Yes.
是的
And you claimed that he wasn't involved.
你声称其没有涉及其中
Well, I said that he was within my sight at the time of the murder.
我说他案发当时在我的视线范围内
And that's why the police turned their attention
所以警方把注意转向
to my client, Renata--
我的当事人 蕾娜塔
Objection.
反对
I'll withdraw.
我收回
You also claimed that you saw Demetrius Rowe
你同时声称看见迪米特里厄斯·罗威
following the victim upstairs?
跟着被害人上了楼是吗
Originally, yes.
开始我是这么说的
But then you realized you were wrong.
但你后来意识到自己搞错了
It was actually Barry Hildom,
你看见的其实是巴瑞·希尔顿
Mr. Sweeney's valet, that you saw?
斯威尼先生的男仆
Yes.
是的
Both men are African-American, which caused you some confusion?
两人都是非裔美国人 所以造成了你的混淆
Yes, I was distracted.
是的 当时我分神了
I corrected the misidentification.
我更正了我错误的辨认
And isn't it possible that you were wrong
那是否可能你所声称的谋杀发生时
about seeing Mr. Sweeney at the time of the murder?
看见斯威尼先生是搞错了呢
No. It's not possible that you were wrong?
不可能 你不可能搞错了吗
A woman's freedom depends upon your testimony.
你的证词决定着一个女人的自♥由♥
Objection. Asked and answered.
反对 重复问题
Sustained.
反对有效
Mrs. Florrick...
福瑞克夫人
did Colin Sweeney approach you before your appearance today
科林·斯威尼在今天出庭作证之前是否找过你
asking you to lie?
让你说谎
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官大人
No, that I'll overrule. You may answer.
不 反对无效 请你回答
Mrs. Florrick, did Mr. Sweeney ask you to lie?
福瑞克女士 斯威尼先生是否让你说谎
He did.
是的
Did he suggest his business would disappear if you didn't lie?
他是否指出如果你不说谎会失去他的业务
He did. But I want to make clear
是的 但我要澄清
that he has had no impact on my testimony.
他并没有影响到我的证词
Really? So you're protecting Mr. Sweeney and damning Renata,
是吗 所以你保护斯威尼证明蕾娜塔有罪
but that has nothing to do
但这与斯威尼先生
with Mr. Sweeney trying to bribe your testimony?
试图贿赂你作伪证无关吗
Objection, Your Honor. Inflammatory.
反对 法官大人 煽动性陈述
Sustained.
反对有效
Nothing further to ask this witness, Your Honor.
没有其他问题了 法官大人
So that's what your little charade was about.
所以这就是你假惺惺表演的目的
Alicia. Charade?
艾丽西娅 假惺惺
Coming to me, suggesting I lie.
来找我 显得我在说谎
I thought it was a bit ham-fisted.
我就觉得演得有些过火
Perhaps. I felt very Lee J. Cobb threatening you.
可能吧 威胁你让我觉得自己像李·科布
Also, I would look biased on the stand.
同时 我的证言会显得有偏见
Yes, clever, wasn't it?
是的 很聪明 对吧
Ms. Lockhart's idea.
洛克哈特女士的主意
She's very good, isn't she?
她很厉害 是吧
I think she's channeling her old partner.
我觉得她有已故合伙人的遗风
Makes her quite attractive.
让她变得很有魅力
Did Renata do it, or did you?
是蕾娜塔做的 还是你做的
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表