Your Honor, the defendants,
法官阁下 被告
Howard Lampe and Darla Riggs,
霍华德·兰普和达拉·里格斯
conspired to transport and deliver cocaine
去年七月 在去往里约的航♥班♥上
on a flight from Rio this past July.
合谋运送可♥卡♥因♥
They should be tried together because
他们应该被共同审理因为
they committed this crime together.
他们共同供认了罪行
No, they are accused of committing this crime together.
不对 他们是被控共同犯下这项罪行
It would prejudice my client to be tried alongside Mr. Lampe.
我当事人和兰普先生共同受审可能会引起偏见
And my client alongside Ms. Riggs.
我的当事人和里格斯女士共同受审也一样
Your Honor, all of the prosecution witnesses
法官阁下 所有控方证人
are common to both Mr. Lampe and Ms. Riggs.
都需与兰普先生和里格斯女士共同对峙
It is the height of insanity to force
如果让证人分别在两场审判中
these witnesses to testify in two separate trials.
出庭作证 那也太过荒唐了
Yes, we understand the inconvenience...
是的 我们明白多有不便...
This isn't about inconvenience. This is about a costly outlay...
这跟方不方便没关系 是成本过于高昂
That is a small price to pay for what this trial should be.
为了审判公正 这点成本不算多
It's an injustice, Your Honor. That seems petty...
不公正 法官阁下 这也太斤斤计较了
Thank you... all.
谢谢各位
My concern, counselors,
律师们 以我之见
is that severance of the two trials was not requested
你们并没有及时提请
in a timely fashion.
分开审判的要求
Yes, Your Honor,
是的 法官阁下
the circumstances of the defense have changed.
辩方的情况有变
And what circumstances are those?
有什么情况
Our firm has since... Two months ago, Your...
我们的律所已经 两个月前
Our firm has since... Two months ago...
我们的律所已经 两个月前
Go. Well, thank you.
你先说 谢谢
When we originally represented the two defendants,
当初代理两位被告时
we were one firm acting in concert,
我们在一家律所 共同行动
but Mrs. Florrick poached our clients...
但是福瑞克夫人挖走了我们的客户
Oh, we didn't poach anyone. What would you call it?
我们没挖走任何人 那你说是什么
So, you want to sever your two cases
所以你们想把两件案子分开
because you are now two law firms?
因为你们现在是两家律所了
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
It's in the best interest of our clients.
这样对我们的当事人最有利
Mr. Lampe, Ms. Riggs, you agree with this?
兰普先生 里格斯女士 你们同意吗
Uh, yeah, yeah, we think it's for the best.
是的 我们认为这样最好
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
Since the defendants are entitled to separate trials,
因为被告有权要求分开审判
I have no choice but to grant a severance.
我只好批准分开审判
Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢您 法官阁下
But I am severing cases, not courtrooms.
但我只是分案审理 但不分庭审理
It will be a double jury trial.
所以本案将是双陪审团审判
A double...? Uh, Judge, I don't think that that...
双陪审...法官 我觉得这不...
Your Honor, two juries will complicate our prosecution.
法官阁下 双陪审团会使起诉更复杂
Yes. That is understandable.
是的 这我可以理解
But I am a staunch advocate of judicial efficiency.
但我坚决主张提高司法效率
And you two counselors will just have to act in concert again.
两位律师也必须再次共同进退
We will commence jury selection this afternoon. Thank you.
下午我们将开始挑选陪审团成员 谢谢
Are you all right?
你还好吗
Yeah. You?
还好 你呢
I'm good.
我挺好的
I love you.
我爱你
I love you.
我爱你
I heard.
我听说了
So this should be interesting.
这会很有意思的
Which? Working alongside Will, or a double jury?
哪个有意思 和威尔一起工作还是双陪审团
Oh, yeah, a double jury.
当然是双陪审团
Uh... I'll first chair.
我来做首席律师
What? Why?
怎么 为什么
Calm things down, keep it from getting too emotional.
保持局势冷静 防止太过感情用事
I won't get emotional.
我不会感情用事的
We're on the same side on this.
我们这次是一条船上的
Not you. Will.
不是说你 是威尔
Keep him from getting emotional.
不让他感情用事
Okay. You first chair.
好吧 你做首席
It was sent as an anonymous tip
这份匿名线报寄给了
to Anne Stevens, the Tribune reporter.
「论♥坛♥报」的安妮·史蒂文斯
I've never seen this before in my life. The tip said,
我从没见过这东西 线报说
"Here is evidence of Peter Florrick stealing an election.
这是彼得·福瑞克偷选票的证据
Happy hunting."
追踪愉快
Are they running it?
他们已经在调查了吗
No. I got a two-week delay.
没有 我争取了延迟了两周
I had to trade for it.
跟他们做了交易
Give 'em our pension rollout.
将我们关于养老金的最新消息给了他们
Who is that? Is that someone you know?
那是谁 是你认识的人吗
No. Yes. It's Jim Moody,
不是 是的 是吉姆·穆迪
my fixer during the campaign.
在竞选期间的政♥治♥调停人
What? I didn't ask him to do anything.
什么 我没让他做任何事
Wait. No one say anything.
等等 都别说了
Mr. Governor, it is in your best interest to
州长先生 现在最好别跟伊莱说话了
not talk to Eli at this time.
这样才对您最有利
Everything being said now,
现在起我们所说的一切
everything that was just discussed,
我们刚刚讨论的一切
we'll have to repeat at some point to federal investigators.
以后都要在联邦调查人员面前复述一遍
Well, that was the shortest honeymoon period in history.
这算是史上最短的新官蜜月期了
One month as a governor.
做了一个月的州长
We don't even know what this is, Mr. Governor.
我们还不清楚具体事态 州长先生
What we're seeing is a ballot box.
现在我们只看到有投票箱
It could be anything.
里面可能是任何东西
No. Our lawyers argued in court
不 我们的律师在庭上辩称过
that it was a stuffed ballot box.
这是一个动过手脚的投票箱
Then we found out that the 30,000 votes were for Peter.
而且我们发现有三万张选票是投给彼得的
Who was the lawyer who argued in court?
当时在庭上做辩词的律师是谁
I'll have to question them.
我必须询问他们
Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Your wife? 30,000 votes.
你的妻子 三万张选票而已
You don't steal an election with 30,000 votes.
要舞弊获选也无需区区三万张选票
We won by eight points!
我们可是赢了八个百分点
Okay. We can't discuss this anymore.
好吧 我们不能再继续讨论了
Eli, I'll need to question you first.
伊莱 我必须首先询问你
I'll be right there.
我马上就去
You can't be talking.
你们不能讨论这件事
It's not about this.
不是说这件事
We all know the maxim, but it's true.
那句箴言我们都知道 但也是实话
"It's not the crime, it's the cover-up."
可恶的不是犯罪 而是对罪行的掩盖
Marilyn, there is no cover-up.
玛丽莲 我们没有掩盖什么
But for me to run this state,
我要管理这个州
I need to be able to talk to my chief of staff alone.
就必须要跟我的幕僚长单独讨论些事
Very well.
很好
Who's the tipster? Moody?
谁是爆料人 穆迪
No, no. He's a soldier. He gets it.
不是 他不过是个小卒 他懂的
Someone at Lockhart/Gardner? Why?
洛&加律所的人吗 为什么
Will Gardner came to my hotel suite
威尔·加德纳在选举那天
on election day to show me a video.
到我的酒店套房♥来想给我看个视频
Damn it. I refused to look at it.
该死 我拒绝了
There is a lot of hate for us over there these days.
他们近来对我们可是怨气冲天
Diane? No. It doesn't seem like her.
戴安 不 看起来不像她的风格
Will could be out of his mind.
威尔倒是可能会失控
Keep tabs on her.
密切注意她
Already on it.
已经在了
This is crazy.
这真是疯狂
Good afternoon.
下午好
Good afternoon to you, too.
下午好
First chair? Yup.
首席律师 是的
Here we go.
好戏开始
...Experiences or opinions you might have
对这次案件的内容
about the subject matter of this case?
你曾有相关经历或观点吗
Uh , no.
没有
No objections for this juror, Your Honor.
对这名陪审员无异议 法官阁下
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表