If he does bring you in for a casual chat
如果他叫你去随意聊天
about the Grant prosecution,
谈及了格兰特案
I would call a lawyer.
还是请律师为好
Okay.
好
You think I'm being cynical.
你觉得我太愤世了
No, no. It's just, um...
不 只是...
I have to trust someone.
我得有人可信任
Especially after this.
特别是经历这种事后
You're right.
没错
Well, it was good to see you again.
很高兴再次见到你
You, too.
我也一样
And if you ever want to talk.
如果你想聊聊 随时恭候
Thanks, but I'm good.
谢谢 但我很好
Alicia?
艾丽西娅
Mr. State's Attorney.
州检察官先生
That sounds odd.
听着很奇怪
Jimmy's fine.
叫吉米就好
I never congratulated you
我还没恭喜你
on your appointment, Jimmy.
成功就任 吉米
So, congratulations.
所以 恭喜
Thanks. It's a challenge.
谢谢 这是个挑战
But I like challenges.
但我喜欢挑战
I was sorry about your old boss.
我很为你前老板遗憾
I liked Will Gardner. Thank you.
我挺喜欢威尔·加德纳 谢谢
If I can do anything, please tell me.
如果有什么需要我帮忙 请直说
Oh, I will.
我会的
And just know I'm doing everything I can here.
请记得我在尽力而为
I always ask myself what would your husband do
我总问自己你丈夫在任检察官时
when he was state's attorney?
会做什么
Then I'd try to do the opposite.
然后反其道而行
No.
不
I'm joking. He's a good guy.
我开玩笑的 他是个好人
Well, good luck, Jimmy.
祝你好运 吉米
I don't know exactly what's on this nanny cam video,
我不知道监控录像里到底有什么
but I do know this.
但我知道这个
The Court's interest in ruling on the viability of this postnup
法庭的倾向是相对于婚后协议可行性的裁决
is not as great as Mrs. Mercer's privacy.
默瑟太太的隐私权更为重要
Your Honor, if I may...
法官阁下 我是否可以...
You may not.
不可以
I forthwith enter a six-month separation order.
我宣布两人从今天起分居六个月
Now? If Mr. And Mrs. Mercer can't work this out
现在吗 如果默瑟先生及太太
over the next half year... Your Honor, a new issue
无法在半年内 法官阁下 我们
has come to our attention. Oh, really?
注意到了新的问题 是吗
Just now? My Goodness.
正好这时候吗 上帝
My client would like to file an emergency petition
我当事人希望提出紧急申请
for full custody of his son.
获得儿子的全部监护权
What? Sit down.
什么 坐下
On what grounds? Child endangerment.
凭什么 危害儿童
Carol is the primary caretaker.
卡萝是孩子的主要照抚人
That's the emergency. This video will prove
这是很紧急 这份录像会证明
that Carol Mercer is an unfit mother.
卡萝·默瑟是个不称职的母亲
Your Honor, you already ruled
法官阁下 你已经判决
the nanny cam recording inadmissible.
监控录像不能作为证据了
Only as to viability of the postnup.
只在证明婚后协议的可行性
But child welfare trumps privacy.
但儿童保护高于个人隐私
I'm sorry, Your Honor, but I fail to see
抱歉 法官阁下 但我没看出
even if the video shows
即使录像证明了
what Mr. Mercer contends,
默瑟先生想表达的事
how that would endanger their child.
那事又怎么会伤害到孩子
I'll be happy to show you. Your Honor, this is a ploy.
我很乐意展示 法官阁下 这是耍诈
A way for you to see evidence that you already ruled inadmissible.
目的是想让您去看已判为不可采纳的证据
Yeah, sorry.
对 但抱歉
But if we're talking about the best interests of a child,
我们是在讨论孩子的利益
I'm looking at everything.
我什么都会看
The video's admissible.
录像可被采纳
Just don't make a meal of it, Mr. Lee.
事情别做过头 李先生
Sit up.
坐直
And don't look embarrassed, okay?
别露出难堪的样子 好吗
Mama?
妈妈
Okay, got it.
好了 我明白了
I'll hear testimony on Professor Mercer's petition for full custody.
我会听取默瑟教授申请全权监护的证词
Your Honor, what the video shows is unfortunate,
法官阁下 录像里显示的事情是很不幸
but it doesn't rise to the level of child endangerment.
但不至于到危害儿童的地步
The video constitutes a facial showing of irresponsibility
录像直接清楚地说明了
on the part of Mrs. Mercer.
默瑟太太的不负责任
Anthony and I have been friends for years.
安东尼和我是多年朋友了
And it only happened once. So you say.
而这事只发生过一次
I'll hear testimony on Professor Mercer's petition for full custody.
我会听取默瑟教授为申请全权监护的证词
Alicia? Yeah.
艾丽西娅 你好
Always nice to see how Lockhart/Gardner works.
能见识洛&加律所的工作方式总是很高兴
Kalinda, I'm...
凯琳达 我...
When I'm in town,
我在城里时
I make sure to be home to tuck him in.
会保证回家哄他入睡
I... wheel up next to his bed
我...支椅子在他床旁边
and read to him.
读故事给他
And when you aren't in town?
那你不在城里时呢
He's always on my mind.
一直都惦记着他
Thank you.
谢谢
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
Let me cross. Why?
我来盘问 为什么
Because I have this.
因为我能搞定
Professor Mercer,
默瑟教授
would you describe yourself as a materialist?
你愿称自己为唯物主义者吗
Excuse me?
你说什么
Your book,
你的书
The Philosophy of Materialism,
「唯物主义哲学」
describes you as an empirical materialist.
说明你是个实证唯物主义者
I'm just wondering if it's accurate.
我只是好奇你是否确实是这样
Uh, yes, that's a...
对 那是...
a general term for the philosophy I teach.
我教的哲学派系的概称
The basic contention of which
它的基本论点是
is all humans are a collection of atoms?
所有人都是由原子组成的
That's a very simplistic view of it.
那是对它过分单纯化的看法
Give me the non-simplistic view.
那请给出不过分单纯的看法
Do we have three hours?
有三小时来解释吗
Yes.
有
The basic contention of empirical science
实证主义哲学的基本观点是
is that the universe is knowable.
宇宙是可知的
And we are all made up of physical matter.
而我们都是由物质构成的
Including the human consciousness?
包括人类的意识吗
Of course.
当然
Including whatever emotions we feel?
包括我们体会到的感情
Objection, Your Honor. I'm at a loss
反对 法官阁下 我不知道
for what this has to do with... anything.
这和任何事情有什么关系
The subject of this hearing is custody.
该次听证会的主题是监护权
Professor Mercer argued that he was a good parent,
默瑟教授主张他是称职监护人
and that my client was a bad parent,
而基于录下的录像
based on the activities he videotaped.
认为我当事人是不称职的监护人
I am just trying to figure out
我只是想要知道
the components of his good parenting.
他所谓的称职监护究竟是怎样的
By questioning his teachings? Yes.
通过质询他的教学吗 是的
Get specific fast, counselor,
请尽快切入主题 律师
unless you want the objection sustained.
除非你希望反对有效
Thank you, Your Honor. Professor,
谢谢 法官阁下 教授
do you believe that free will is a fiction?
你相信自♥由♥意志是虚构的吗
No. I...
不 我
"Chapter two: On Choice. The physical interaction of our atoms
「第二章:选择 我们体内原子的物理反应
is the sine qua non of thoughts, feelings, actions.
是构成思想 感受和行动的必要条件
We may believe we have free will,
我们或许相信自己有自♥由♥意志
but it is, in fact, the illusion of free will."
但事实上 是拥有自♥由♥意志的错觉」
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表