he offered Sweeney a deal...
他和斯威尼谈了笔交易
early release in return for wearing a wire.
以安装窃听器为条件换取提前释放
That's an ethics violation.
这是个道德问题
Okay, but it's too late to change Peter's mind.
好吧 但现在让彼得变卦已经太晚了
Once he says "No," He doesn't reverse himself.
一旦他说不 就别指望他改变主意
Then what? Alicia.
那怎么办 艾丽西娅
Okay, this seems to be a matter of two wills.
好吧 看来问题在两个遗嘱上
Yes, Your Honor. Our client, Lila Ashbaugh,
对 法官阁下 我方委托人莱拉·阿什宝
is the true beneficiary of her husband's estate...
是她丈夫遗产的真正受益人
Not after a second will was discovered
但当在保险柜里发现第二封遗嘱后
in a safety deposit box, Your Honor.
就不是这么回事了 法官阁下
A will, we believe, is invalid,
我们相信那份遗嘱不具法律效力
and we ask for emergency relief.
并且我们请求了紧急援助
This second will was drawn up one year later,
第二份遗嘱是在一年以后写的的
and 16 months before Mr. Ashbaugh died.
也就是阿什宝先生去世十六个月前
Yes, but it was drawn up in Magic Marker.
没错 但这是用魔术记号♥笔写的
It could be drawn up in crayon. It's still valid...
就算是用蜡笔写的那也算有效
Could have been, but it was drawn up in Magic Marker...
或许吧 但既然使用魔术记号♥笔写的
You should know that. It's still valid, Mr. Gardner.
你心知肚明 这是有效的 加德纳先生
Ladies, gentlemen, yes, I know.I know.
女士们先生们 行了 我明白了
Other judges let their lawyers run
有的法官可以让律师像脱缰野马
free and wild, but in my court,
肆无忌惮地辩论 但在我的法庭上
my probate court, where I have been assigned,
我的遗嘱检验法庭 既然我是法官
you will bridle yourselves.
你们最好给我勒住缰绳
Now, one will bequeaths the $24 million
其中一份遗嘱要把个人名下的2400万
in personal property to Mrs. Ashbaugh.
留给阿什宝夫人
And the other will... The later will.
而另一份 之后的一份
The other will,
另一份遗嘱
uh, bequeaths the assets
将财产赠给
to the Smile Train Charity and...
微笑列车慈善基金会以及
Alicia Florrick.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Well, hello, Ms. Florrick.
你好啊 福瑞克女士
Your Honor.
法官阁下
It seems to be your lucky day.
看来这是你的幸运日啊
The wife of a governor
身为州长的爱妻
and a $12 million inheritance.
坐拥1200万的遗产
Well, it's an odd day anyway.
不管怎么说 今天够诡异的
Now, it seems to be our duty to decide
看来当务之急是要决定
which will is valid, is that correct?
究竟哪份遗嘱是有效的 对吧
Yes, Your Honor, and to that end, we have a witness.
对 法官阁下 对此我方有见证人
Paula Gidfar.
宝拉·吉德法
I was the witness to Matty's will.
我是马蒂的遗产见证人
Matty?
马蒂
As in Matthew Ashbaugh?
你是说马修·阿什宝吗
Yes, Matthew.
对 马修
Hmm. And this is your signature on the will
这就是你在遗嘱上的签名
with a little happy face over the "I"?
还在「吉」上面画了个笑脸
Written in Magic Marker?
还是用的魔术记号♥笔
Yes.
对
It's all that we had.
当时手边只有这支笔
Um, just before Matthew left, we couldn't find a pen.
马修临走之前我们来不及找笔
Do you work as a notary, Miss Gidfar?
您是个职业公♥证♥人吗 吉德法女士
Do I?
我吗
No.
不
Are you in the legal profession? Uhuh.
那您是法律专业的吗 也不是
The reason I ask is, Mr. Ashbaugh seemed to trust you
我这么问是因为阿什宝先生看似信任你
with the witnessing of such an important document.
做这么一个重要文件的见证人
Your Honor, we would concede that Miss Gidfar works
法官阁下 我们承认吉德法女士
in the sex trade as an escort.
是性♥交♥易业的应♥召♥女郎
Oh, no. He's ruined my presentation.
讨厌啦 他把人家的陈述给毁了
And we would also agree that her profession
我们也认为她的职业
doesn't matter, because it's still...
无关紧要 因为这始终...
Blah, blah, blah. Do you mind...?
废话连篇 你能不能...
It's an associate of mine. Really?
这是我的一个伙伴 真的吗
What kind of associate?
哪种伙伴
Why, are you jealous?
干嘛这么问 嫉妒吗
Heart-stricken.
是痛心
Paula's a very close associate,
宝拉是一个非常好的伙伴
very talented.
很有天赋
And she reviews all your... contracts?
那她检查了你所有的合同
And how much did Matty pay you
我们正在讨论的这一晚
for the night in question, Miss Gidfar?
马蒂付了你多少钱 吉德法女士
$5,000.
五千
And what does $5,000 buy?
五千块能买♥♥什么样的服务
Do we really need to go there, Counselor?
你非得问这个吗 律师先生
There is a point, Your Honor.
这是重点 法官阁下
Miss Gidfar? $5,000?
吉德法女士 五千块啊
It buys you the 9:00 to 9:00...
可以包下整个九九档
9::00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m., anything you want.
晚九点到次日早九点 想做什么都可以
Anything meaning sexually, but not just sexually?
「什么」的意思是包括但不限于性相关
Yes. Uh,
对
some men want to cry all night and be held.
有些人希望找个对象哭诉 求抱抱
Some want dinner dates, some breakfast, you know.
有人喜欢斯斯文文吃个晚餐或是早餐
Matty
马蒂
wanted a signature.
想要一个签名
Well, that and an enema.
除此之外还有灌肠
Yes, thank you. Your Honor,
知道了 多谢提醒 法官阁下
a paid witness is an invalid witness,
收雇见证是不具法律效力的
and Miss Gidfar was obviously paid.
吉德法女士显然是受雇见证人
For sex.
只是性服务
No, no, for everything.
不 是任何服务
She just said $5,000 covers everything,
她刚刚说的 五千块可以包任何服务
including the witnessing of this will.
包括遗嘱的见证费用
Ergo she was paid.
因此她是被收买♥♥的
Ergo-ergo this will is invalid. Thank you.
因此这份遗嘱是无效的 谢谢
You cross.
你来盘问
What?
什么
You handle the cross.
由你负责盘问
Counselors, anything, or should we move on?
律师们 还有其他要问的吗
Good, Counselor.
很好 律师
We're ready for you.
就等你呢
Counselor?
律师
Yes. I...
是的 我...
This, uh, all-service contract with Mr. Ashbaugh...
这个...和阿什宝先生的全面服务合同
Could you speak up, Counselor?
你能大点声吗 律师
This allservice contract... Too loud.
这个全面服务合同...太大声了
Have you usually contracted
你和阿什宝先生平时
in this manner with Mr. Ashbaugh?
都以这种方式签订合约吗
In what manner? You mean, the all-nighter?
什么方式 你是指通宵吗
Yes.
是的
Yes.
是的
Yes.
是的
Oh, good. "Yes."
很好 你说「是的」
And have you witnessed other contracts for Mr. Ashbaugh?
你有没有为阿什宝先生见证过其他合同呢
Have I?
我想想
Oh, a few, yes.
是的 有一些
I see.
明白了
Uh, did you, uh, witness
那你有没有见证过
the Lockhart-Gardner retainer agreement?
洛&加律所的聘用协议
Come on, Your Honor. This isn't about our retainer agreement.
法官阁下 聘用协议跟本案无关吧
This is about a will.
本案说的是遗嘱
Is that an objection?
你这是表示反对吗
Yeah, it is. Objection.
是的 我反对
Uh, Counselor,
律师
do you have a counterargument?
你有什么要反驳的吗
Yes, I do. I very much do,
是的 我有 是有的
Your Honor.
法官阁下
It is, uh, an argument about...
这是一份协议 关乎...
many things.
很多事项
Oh. Specifically, if-if this will is invalid,
特别地 如果这份遗嘱是无效的
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表