Given that, the Office of Public Integrity
鉴于此 廉政办公室
is investigating matters having to do with a stuffed ballot box.
正在调查一个装满选票的投票箱
A ballot box I knew nothing about.
关于这个投票箱 我一无所知
A ballot box you argued for in court.
你曾在法庭上为这个投票箱辩护过
No, I argued against.
不 我是先表示反对
Then argued for.
然后才为其辩护的
Which is why I advise you
所以我建议你
to submit to a voluntary deposition.
提出自愿取证
Really?
真的吗
You advise me?
你建议我
You did nothing wrong.
你没做错事
Your husband did nothing wrong.
你丈夫也没做错事
The best way to clear this up is to speak on the record.
澄清此事的最好方式就是取证留案
Or you'll leak it to the press? No.
不然你就会向媒体爆料是吗 不
But... I do have a witness who will go on the record.
但是我有一名证人愿意留下证词
Another lawyer. Who?
另一名代理律师 谁
Will Gardner.
威尔·加德纳
I doubt that.
我很怀疑
If I were you, I would get on the record first.
如果我是你 我会先行取证
Here's my card.
这是我的名片
Call me by this time tomorrow.
明天这个时候给我打电♥话♥
I think that's your fictional call.
我想是你那通假电♥话♥来了
Talk to you soon.
下次再聊
We can claim with 99.9 percent certainty
我们几乎99.9%肯定
that this DNA comes from Mr. Grant.
该DNA属于格兰特先生
And did you find any other evidence of DNA
你在尸体上或者周围发现了
around or on the body?
其他DNA证据吗
No. Only Mr. Grant's.
没有 只有格兰特先生的
And the quantity of the DNA under the victim's fingernails
同时被害人指缝里的DNA存量
was consistent...
也能说明
with a defensive struggle?
存在一场自卫挣扎
That is correct. And you'd be able to...?
没错 你能不能...
Where'd you get it? Campus security.
哪里找到的 学校安保
They were sympathetic.
他们很是同情
Kalinda, I could kiss you.
凯琳达 我真想亲你一口
Not here.
别在这儿
Listen, I-I need to talk to you later.
听着 我一会儿得和你谈谈
Sure, about what?
行 什么事
Later.
一会儿再说
So, Mr. Vail...
那么维尔先生...
Actually, Dr. Vail.
是维尔医生才对
My apologies, Dr. Vail.
抱歉 维尔医生
You have no doubt about the providence of this DNA?
你对该DNA毫无疑问是吗
With all DNA work, sir, we leave ourselves a degree of doubt...
我们不敢肯定所有DNA都百分百正确
but the doubt here is 0.00001.
但这次疑虑仅有0.00001%
Thank you, sir.
谢谢 先生
And now I believe Mr. Gardner
现在我想加德纳先生
would like to talk to you about Touch DNA.
会和你说一下接触性DNA
I do! Thank you, Finn.
正是 谢谢你 芬恩
Now that the prosecutor has brought it up,
既然检察官都提了
what is Touch DNA?
什么是接触性DNA呢
DNA that is transferred via skin cells
那就是在拿或触摸某个物品时
when an object is handled or touched.
经由表皮细胞留下的DNA
And how many skin cells does a person shed every day?
一个人一天剥落的表皮细胞有多少呢
Approximately 400,000 skin cells.
大约四十万个
Wow... that's a lot.
那很多嘛
So, if I handled this book on my desk,
如果我拿起桌上这本书
Introduction to Litigation... it was a gift from Mr. Polmar...
波尔马先生送我的「诉讼导论」
Well, you told me you'd finally read it.
你说过你终于读了
Now, if I handled this book...
如果我拿了这本书
and I hand it to you...
再交给你
am I transferring cells?
我的细胞是不是残留在上面了
You could be.
有可能
You would have to hold it for some time
如果你拿久一点
and it would be a better absorbent
而且封面质地是布料
if the cover were cloth.
对细胞的吸附力会更强
As this one is?
就像这本书
Yes.
对
That would transfer your cells.
这样你的细胞就转移到上面去了
Your Honor, I've had some late arriving evidence
法官阁下 我有一些晚到的证据
and unfortunately, I haven't had time to put it on slides.
可惜我还来不及把它们做成幻灯片
That's all right.
没关系
We can struggle without technology today.
不用技术展示也行
The last day of Dani Littlejohn's life,
达妮·利特约翰生前最后一天
she checked out a research book
她归还了在高等社会学课
from her advanced sociology class.
使用的研究报告书
This is her at 3:25 P.M.,
图书馆的监控录像拍下
as seen from the library surveillance cameras.
她那天下午3:25的身影
Do you see her there?
你看到她了吗
I do. Now,
看到了 好
this was a book
这本书
all the sociology classes needed to share,
是所有社会学课都需要的
so a student couldn't take it out of the library,
所以学生不能把它借出图书馆
they had to return it after reading the chapter...
只能读完某章就立即归还
Mr. Gardner appears to be testifying here,
加德纳先生似乎在作证呢
Your Honor. He does at that.
法官阁下 确实
Is there a question
说了这么一通话
swimming around in all those statements?
你究竟有没有问题要问呢
Yes, Your Honor.
有的 法官阁下
A few hours earlier, at 12:39,
就在这几小时前 12:39
the same book was checked out by this person.
刚有人还了这本书
Do you recognize him?
你认出他是谁了吗
It looks like Jeffrey Grant.
像是杰弗里·格兰特
It is, actually.
的确是他
Now, this sociology book,
这本社学会书
an old book, had a cloth cover.
是本旧书 还用布制封面
Is it possible, that the DNA at question here,
有没有可能我们探讨的DNA是经由
was transferred via the cloth cover of this book?
这本书的布制封面转移的呢
It could, but to get under the victim's fingernails,
可能 但如果要进入被害人的指甲缝
she would've had to grip the book quite tightly.
她得紧紧抓着这本书才行
Yes, but as you say, it's possible.
是 但你也说了有这种可能
It's certainly possible.
当然是可能的
Can you see that, Mr. Polmar?
你看到了吗 波尔马先生
I can, Mr. Gardner, thank you.
看到了 加德纳先生 谢谢
He wanted an answer in 24 hours?
他24小时之内就要答复
Or he'll depose Will.
否则他会要威尔作证
It's a bluff.
这是虚张声势
Will won't break attorney-client privilege.
威尔不会打破律师当事人保密协议
What if they offer him immunity?
如果他们给他豁免权呢
For what?
豁免什么
Conspiracy to commit voter fraud.
竞选舞弊的同谋
He saw a videotape.
他看到了一个录像带
He argued against the votes, too.
他也反对过那些选票
Yeah, but he buried that video.
对 但他没将录像带公开
I think I should do it.
我觉得该让我来
The voluntary deposition?
自愿取证
It's the only way to control the questions.
只有这样才能控制问题导向
I'm in my rights to answer any questions
我有权回答任何想回答的问题
I want and refuse any due to attorney-client privilege.
拒绝回答任何涉及律师当事人保密协议的
Even if I refuse to answer any questions,
就算我拒绝回答任何问题
I will know what he's asking Will.
我也能了解他会问威尔什么
Good, good.
好 好
Do you need a lawyer?
你需要律师吗
No, I have Cary.
不用 我还有凯里呢
Cary Agos?
凯里·艾格斯
You sure he's up to it?
你确定他能行吗
He's up to it.
他能行
What do you have?
你在想什么
Me? Nothing. You know,
我 没想什么 就是
just a song in my heart.
在心里唱唱歌♥
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表