It's because he's Italian, isn't it?
因为他是意大利人 对吗
It is our right...
这是我们的权利
That's enough!
够了
Mr. Rizzardi, you're excused.
里扎尔迪先生 你可以出去了
He's still up by two jurors.
他还是多出两个陪审员
Unless we can disqualify one.
除非我们能让其中一个不合格
Your Honor,
法官阁下
may we approach again?
我们可以上前说话吗
Faster the better. Come on.
越快越好 快点
Your Honor, my apologies, but I believe that
法官阁下 抱歉 我认为
one of Mr. Canning's... I mean,
坎宁先生的一个 我是说
one of the jurors that's already been seated may have been biased
有个已经被确认的陪审员可能会因
by my client's most recent comments.
我当事人的评论而存在偏见
Your Honor, this is outrageous.
法官阁下 这太过分了
We've already agreed on each one of these jurors.
我们已经对所有陪审员达成了合意
Outrageous, we say.
太过分了
Yes, Your Honor,
是的 法官阁下
but if a statement has been made
但如果有一份已经在媒体发布的声明
in the press that would render
会让他们其中之一
one of them incapable of being fair and unbiased,
无法保持公平 无偏见的话
well, it's like Mr. Canning said:
就像坎宁先生说的
we all want a fair jury.
我们都想要一个公平的陪审团
So, Ms. Economus, you heard my client
艾可诺莫女士 你听说过我的客户
Mr. Paisley's latest comments? No.
佩斯利先生最近的评论了吗 没有
I mean, I didn't hear them directly--
我是说 我没有直接听到
a girlfriend of mine
我的一个女性朋友
mentioned something about it. I see. So,
跟我提起过 我明白了 所以
as a Greek person, how did you feel
作为一个希腊人 你对
about his comments about Greece as a country?
他就希腊这个国家的评论有何感想
This is ridiculous. I'm from Skokie.
简直就是荒谬 我斯科基市人
Yes, but your heritage is Greek, isn't it?
是 但是你父母是希腊人 不是吗
Well, sure. Both sides.
当然 两个都是
So, uh, you must have been offended
那你肯定被
when Mr. Paisley said that if America starts rewarding losers
佩斯利先生「如果美国开始奖励失败者
instead of winners,
而不是胜利者
we'll end up like Greece.
我们就会变成希腊」的言论冒犯到
Uh, y-you know, now that you mention it, yeah,
既然你提到了 是的
it was very offensive.
非常无礼
You have an agreement?
你们有个协议
You and Alicia?
你和艾丽西娅
You talked with my wife?
你跟我妻子谈过吗
I did. That's why the intern?
是的 实习生的事是因为这个吗
Eli, I don't pry into your life.
伊莱 我可没窥探你的生活
I don't have a life; your life is my life.
我没有生活 你的生活就是我的生活
Then let me live.
那就让我生活
So no divorce?
不离婚吗
And you and Alicia can do whatever you want
只要没人知道 你和艾丽西娅
as long as no one knows?
就可以做各自想做的事
Is that what she told you?
她是这么告诉你的吗
Just so you know, Peter, I have worked before
如你所知 彼得 我以前跟
with politicians who have made arrangements
那些设法不让自己的婚外情
to keep their extramarital activities from becoming public.
被曝光的政♥治♥家工作过
It doesn't work; it will always come out.
行不通的 都会曝光
Doesn't matter who-- an intern,
不论是谁 实习生
a donor, your biggest fan...
捐赠人 你的头号♥粉丝
they all want to talk.
他们都会说
They'll promise not to,
他们会承诺不说
but they will... talk.
但他们会说
Yeah.
是的
And sometimes things come out when they don't talk.
有时候他们不说也会出事
Where'd this come from?
这是哪来的
What was that, Peter?
那是什么 彼得
Let's not discuss it.
别谈这个了
We've got work to do.
还要干活儿呢
Ah, Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Do you have some Greeks and Italians for me to meet?
有希腊人和意大利人要引见给我吗
You're going to issue a statement
你要发表一项声明
saying that you're giving a million dollars to charity,
宣布将一百万美元捐作慈善
and that you do not believe voting should be
还要说你并不认为投票权
tied with a person's tax bracket. What if I don't believe that?
应与个人税级挂钩 如果我不干呢
You think I should have less of a vote than you?
你觉得我代表的票数应该比你少吗
Well, I don't know; how much do you make?
不知道 你得了多少票
Mr. Paisley, I know you.
佩斯利先生 我了解你
I know you like to think of yourself as blunt and direct.
我知道你喜欢觉得自己坦率直接
But this isn't just blunt. No, you don't know me.
但这已不仅是坦率了 不 你不了解我
You think this is hubris.
你觉得我这是傲慢
I built a business from nothing.
我白手起家 打拼出自己的生意
In '99, I lost it in the tech bust.
99年因科技股泡沫破裂破产
And I built it up again.
可我重新做大了生意
From nothing.
还是白手起家
You're not poor now, Mr. Paisley.
你现在不穷了 佩斯利先生
Neither are you.
你也是
I've seen your bills.
我见过你的账单
You may choose to disguise it
你虽然把这儿布置得这么朴素
in all these earthy surroundings, but...
想掩盖你很富有的事实 但...
you are the one percent.
你就是那百分之一
Did you know my company is developing
你知道我的公♥司♥
a gene that will prolong a person's life?
在研究延长寿命的基因吗
We are....
我们就是...
the one percent. Then what are you worried about?
那百分之一 那你担心什么
You're winning.
你已经是人生赢家了
You have a lot of things, Mr. Paisley--
你拥有很多东西 佩斯利先生
why do you feel so cornered?
你为什么会觉得走投无路
Because there are more people who want than people who have.
因为想得到的人比真拥有的人多得多
Read Ayn Rand.
去读读艾茵·兰德的书
Oh, dear God.
天啊
Have you read her books? They're awful.
你读过她的书吗 真是吓人
Well, they weren't meant to be Moby-Dick,
它们并非像「白鲸」那样让人害怕
they were meant to make you think.
而是想引人思考
A guy bombs a building, the rich go out on strike--
一个家伙炸毁大楼 富人实行罢♥工♥
I-it's a 12-year-old's view of the world.
这就是十二岁孩子眼中的世界
It's like basing your philosophy on the books of John Grisham.
哲学观好像从约翰·格里森姆的小说里来的
You should reread them.
你应该重新读读
Mr. Paisley,
佩斯利先生
you've always told me that you are a bottomline kind of guy. I am.
你常说你是个有底线的人 对
So here's the bottom line. We're losing jury members.
这就是底线了 我们正失去陪审员的支持
And the fund managers are getting nervous.
基金管理人对此紧张不安
If it continues,
如果继续这样
they may not support this merger.
他们可能不再支持合并
And what's worse, you're in a media death spiral.
更糟的是 你陷入了媒体的死亡漩涡
No matter what you say, you will never get a fair interpretation.
无论你说什么 都得不到公正的解释
You have to put out a statement. Another apology.
你必须发表声明 又是道歉
No. A statement.
不 是声明
We'll hire a PR firm,
我们要雇佣一家公♥关♥公♥司♥
using a focus group to find the right words.
让焦点小组讨论出合适的措辞
As long as I don't have to answer questions again.
只要我不用再回答问题
You won't.
不用
And as long as you do it for me.
只要你为我打点好
I'll be right back.
我马上回来
We're seeing a lot of each other, Eli.
我们最近经常见面啊 伊莱
Are you sleeping with Finn Polmar?
你在跟芬恩·波尔马上♥床♥吗
Ask me another question.
换个问题
I don't have any other questions.
没有其他问题了
Then go to hell.
那就去死吧
There is a photo of Finn leaving your apartment.
有张照片拍到芬恩离开你的公♥寓♥
Where?
在哪
Outside your apartment. No. Where's the photo?
你公♥寓♥外面 不 照片在哪
Peter had it.
在彼得手里
Now, I have some worries here.
我有点担心
Peter, you, Finn.
彼得 你 芬恩
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表