And I have some research.
我做了些功课
This is what we offered Jonas Stern
这是2009年乔纳斯·斯特恩离开时
when he exited in 2009.
我们给他的数目
Are you friggin' kidding me?
你♥他♥妈♥是在逗我吗
We were in better financial straits back then.
那时我们的财务状况更好一些
We should offer her half of this
我们应该只给她一半
and she'd still be lucky. I don't disagree.
就这样也便宜她了 我同意
Jonas Stern was a founding partner...
乔纳斯·斯特恩是创始合伙人
So is Diane. So was Diane. She's leaving.
戴安也是啊 曾经也是 但她要走了
There's no difference between Jonas's impact on the firm and Diane's.
乔纳斯和戴安对公♥司♥具有相同的影响力
That may have been true back then, but the firm has changed.
或许以前是这样 但现在公♥司♥变了
What has Diane done but move us toward bankruptcy?
戴安的所作所为快把我们搞破产了
David, she's going to be a Supreme Court justice.
大卫 她就要成为一名最高法♥院♥的法官了
I agree with Alicia.
我同意艾丽西娅的看法
Here's the other problem-- Diane has good clients.
另一个问题是 戴安拥有优质客户资源
We anger her with a lowball offer,
如果我们开的价过低 激怒了她
we lose them.
就会失去他们
How will we lose them?
我们怎么会失去他们
She suggests they go somewhere else.
她提议他们去找别人
Let's be practical.
我们实际点
We offer a fair amount; we keep her clients with us.
我们给她一笔可观的钱 留下她的客户资源
Tara's fetus won't be viable until the third trimester.
未到晚期妊娠 塔拉的胎儿仍属未存活状态
And that's in 48 hours?
那是在48小时后吗
Yes, that's why the decision to terminate
是的 这也是为什么
has to be made quickly.
要尽快做出流产决定的原因
Now, Tara's ob-gyn has suggested that the fetus is viable now.
但塔拉的妇产科医师认为胎儿已经存活了
Yes, I heard that. She's wrong.
是的 我听说了 她是错的
Viability is based on survivability outside Tara's womb.
能否存活要看胎儿在塔拉子♥宫♥外的生存能力
And that's why the Supreme Court
这也是最高法♥院♥在罗伊诉韦德案中
in Roe v. Wade established the beginning of the third trimester
确立了晚期妊娠时间点
as an inviolable line?
这一不可侵犯的界限的原因
Yes, exactly.
是的 没错
Thank you, Doctor.
谢谢你 医生
Nothing further.
我问完了
Dr. Tuft, isn't survivability based on current technology?
塔夫脱医生 存活能力是否和目前的科技水平有关
Of course.
当然
And given the current improvements in postnatal technology,
依据现在已得到很大改善的产后技术
can't the fetus survive outside Tara's womb earlier?
胎儿能否在更早些时在塔拉子♥宫♥外存活
Not in my opinion, no. This is a very special case.
我认为不能 这种情况很罕见
Doctor, don't you have a reason for wanting the fetus aborted?
医生 你不是有想要堕掉这胎儿的理由吗
Excuse me, objection, Your Honor.
抱歉 反对 法官大人
Who's questioning the witness?
到底是谁在提问证人
If the fetus is aborted, then the malpractice lawsuit
如果胎儿被堕掉了 控告你玩忽职守的诉讼
against you will be reduced. Objection, Your Honor!
就会归于灭失 反对 法官大人
The defense is turning this into an argument about malpractice.
辩方正在把辩论往医疗事故上引
No, no, no, you don't have...
不不不 你没有...
We all know you're excited to be in big boy court.
大家都知道你最喜欢把事情搞大了
If you have a problem with me...
如果你对我有意见...
You might want to check the laws on slander, sir.
你最好先去查查诽谤罪的法律条文 先生
I'm not slandering the witness,
我并没有诽谤证人
I'm asking him a... You're saying...
我只是在问他... 你说到...
The question before me is whether this contract is moot.
摆在我面前的问题是合同是否失效了
Due to fetal viability,
根据胎儿的存活能力
there's no way not to be in breach.
不违反合同是不可能的
Given the conflicting testimony of the doctors,
根据互相矛盾的医生证词
I have no way to split this...
我没有办法分解这个...
uh, dilemma.
两难困境
So I fall back on the Supreme Court's decision.
所以我仍维持最高法♥院♥的裁决
Damn it.
该死
With respect to the contract in question,
关于这份争议合同
the fetus is ruled nonviable
胎儿被裁决为无存活能力
and will remain so for 40 more hours. Your Honor?
还能继续生存40小时 法官大人
Given that, we move that these proceedings continue apace.
鉴于此 我们要加快诉讼议程
Uh, Your Honor, we don't have our next witness until Friday.
法官大人 我们的下位证人周五才能到
Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人
Have your witnesses available this afternoon.
让你的证人下午到位
Or we will proceed without them.
不然我们就绕过他们继续审理
No.
不
What does that mean?
什么意思
It means I don't accept your exit package.
就是说我不接受你们的离职补贴
We can shove you out, you know.
我们完全可以赶你走 你知道的吧
Yes, I do know that.
是的 我是知道
And my clients, too.
还有我的客户
What is that-- a threat?
这是干什么 威胁吗
It is a fact. Don't act innocent.
只是事实 别装无辜了
You already have some of the associates calling my clients,
你们已经让一些律师联♥系♥我的客户了
trying to split them off.
想要把他们从我这拉走
You're paranoid, Diane.
你想多了 戴安
These are similar to the terms offered to Jonas Stern.
这数目和乔纳斯·斯特恩分得的差不多
And I am not Jonas Stern.
我不是乔纳斯·斯特恩
What do you want, Diane?
你想要什么 戴安
I want what I'm worth.
我想要我应 得的价钱
You want me to not bad talk you to my clients,
你们想要我不向我的客户说你们的坏话
rethink your offer.
就重新考虑出价
Now get out of my office.
现在离开我的办公室
This isn't your office.
这不是你的办公室
It is.
是的
Until you have the security guards escort me out.
直到你让安保把我架出去前都是的
Alicia?
艾丽西娅
Do you have a minute?
有空吗
I... Sure.
我...当然
I can't decide this by myself.
我一个人决定不了
But I can sway most of the partners.
但我可以说服大多数合伙人
And I think you'll enjoy a honeymoon period as the governor's wife.
我觉得你将享受一段州长妻子的蜜月时光
Oh... okay. I'm not...
额 好吧 我不...
I want you to consider replacing Diane as managing partner.
我想要你代替戴安作为管理合伙人
Tara asked a lot of questions about the contract.
泰拉问了关于合同的很多问题
We listened, made changes at her request.
我们认真听了 在她的要求下做了变更
We wanted her to feel part of the process.
我们想要她在整个过程中有归属感
And who represented Ms. Bach?
巴♥赫♥小姐的代理律师是谁
Alicia Florrick. I see.
艾丽西娅·福瑞克 我明白了
And did Mrs. Florrick ever raise any concerns
福瑞克夫人有没有提出过
that the surrogacy contract was coercive in any way?
这份代♥孕♥合同在哪方面存在胁迫性呢
Your Honor, respondent would stipulate
法官大人 被告坚持认为
that the contract as a whole is not coercive.
合同整体上是没有胁迫性的
This is about a single provision. Yes.
只涉及其中的一个条款 好的
Now that Mrs. Florrick has given herself cover
刚刚福瑞克夫人保护自己
against a malpractice suit,
从一起玩忽职守诉讼中脱了身
may I continue?
我可以继续吗
The provision regarding your right to terminate the pregnancy,
那条关于你有终止妊娠权利的条款
that wasn't part of the standard agency contract.
普通代♥孕♥合同并没有这一条款
Was it? No.
是吗 是的
My husband and I insisted on it.
是我丈夫和我坚持要这么做
Why?
为什么
Because our first child, Caleb, had a heart defect.
因为我们的第一个孩子迦勒布 有先天性心脏病
He lived six months.
他只活了六个月
Five operations.
动了五次手术
And in the end, we just...
到最后 我们只是...
we couldn't bring another child into the world to suffer.
我们不能再让一个孩子这么受罪
And is that why you want to terminate this pregnancy?
这就是你想要终止这次妊娠的原因
Yes.
是的
I wish I were the one that were pregnant.
我希望是我怀着身孕
But I'm not.
但不是我
But it's our child.
但这是我们的孩子
Our choice.
我们的选择
No one should be allowed to take that from us.
没有人能夺走我们的这个权利
What I want is a proposed budget before the state assembly...
我想要在州议会前制定出预算提案...
So, Barry Rovinski's company owns the building
就是说 艾丽西娅的新公♥司♥刚租的房♥子
that Alicia's new firm just leased space in?
所在的大楼属于巴瑞·罗温斯基的公♥司♥吗
Yes, an obvious conflict of interest.
是的 非常明显的利益冲突
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表