Then why are you being served?
那你怎么收到传票了
I'm a witness.
我是证人
You must be Jeffrey?
你就是杰弗里吧
Mr. Gardner? Uh, Will's fine.
加德纳先生 叫我威尔就行了
I'm sorry I'm late. You doing some homework?
抱歉我来晚了 你在写作业吗
Italian. Have they tested you yet?
意大利语 他们给你做检测了吗
No. I saw the patrolman go by here a minute ago.
没 我刚才看到那个巡警过来了
There he is.
就在那儿
Okay.
好
Now, you just sit tight.
你现在坐着别动
Jeffrey, what did the patrolman say when he stopped you?
杰弗里 巡警拦下你时说了什么
What did he say?
他说了什么
He said... he smelled alcohol on my breath.
他说他闻到我身上有酒气
But he saw I had cold medicine.
但他看到了我的感冒药
He said that must be it. Why?
他说就是那个了 怎么
Nothing. There's an ASA over there talking with him.
没什么 那有个助理检察官在跟他说话
Yeah, she was in the patrol car.
是啊 当时她也在巡逻车里
She was in the patrol car?
她也在巡逻车里
Yes.
是的
And you haven't gotten a Breathalyzer yet? No.
而你还没做酒精测试 没有
And they took a... cotton swab from inside my mouth.
他们拿一个棉球擦了一下我口腔
What... they... Why?
什么 他们 为什么
They didn't say.
他们没说原因
Should I be worried?
我需要担心吗
Not yet.
还不用
Have you had any other brushes with the law, Jeffrey?
你之前有什么违法行为吗 杰弗里
I had some issues when I was in high school.
高中的时候有些吧
I got pulled over on another DUI, but...
我还有一次酒驾被拦下过 但是
I would never drink and drive again.
那以后我就再没有喝酒驾车了
Okay. Don't worry. I'll be right back.
好 别担心 我一会儿就回来
Geneva, what's going on here?
吉妮瓦 这是怎么回事
What do you mean?
什么意思
What I mean is, why is an ASA
我的意思是为什么助理检察官
out stopping a college student on a phony DUI?
会打着酒驾的幌子拦下一个大学生呢
I don't know why you're calling it phony.
我不知道你为什么说这是幌子
Well, an hour after the pull-over,
这都拦下一个小时
and still no Breathalyzer, no blood test?
还没进行酒精测试 血液测试
Every time he pees, your case is literally going down the toilet.
他每次去厕所 你的指控就削弱了一些
But you swabbed for DNA, which is irrelevant to sobriety.
可你擦取了他的DNA 这和醉没醉无关
We were just trying to be diligent, Will.
我们只是想做到最细致罢了 威尔
Ah. That's what it's called?
这就是你的说法吗
Well, I'm taking my client home, okay?
我要带我的委托人回家了
And I want you to discard that DNA.
我要你把DNA样本作废了
Have a good day.
祝你愉快
Actually, no.
不行
Your client is under arrest for driving under the influence,
你的委托人因为酒驾被捕
and given his previous arrests,
考虑到他之前的被捕记录
we were with our rights to collect his DNA.
我们有权采集他的DNA
You're opening yourself up to a suit.
你这样就是等着吃官司
I breathe in the morning, I'm opening myself up to a suit.
我每天一睁眼就要面对各种官司
Okay, they've arrested you,
好吧 他们逮捕你了
but clearly, they're after something else.
但他们显然有别的事情要追究
They arrested me? Why?
他们逮捕我了 为什么
I don't know, but...
我不知道 但
I need you to breathe into this.
我要你对这个呼一口气
Your Honor, the blood alcohol limit
法官阁下 在伊利诺伊州
for inebriation in Illinois is 0.08%.
血液中酒精量超过0.08%算做酒驾
According to this pocket Breathalyzer,
根据这支便携体内酒精测定器显示
my client's blood alcohol concentration
我的委托人当时的血液酒精浓度
was 0.00001.
是0.00001
That's a whole lot of zeroes, Mrs. ASA.
这听起来含量很低啊 地检官女士
Sounds to me like you pulled over the wrong kid.
在我看来你似乎误拦了这孩子
My apologies, Your Honor.
抱歉 法官阁下
The State is prepared to dismiss the charge.
本州检察院正要撤销这项指控
It was our mistake. We apologize to Mr. Grant.
这是我们的错 我们向格兰特先生道歉
If the State is dropping the arrest,
如果你们要取消逮捕
we ask that the DNA swab collected from my client be destroyed, too.
我们要求销毁所采集的DNA样本
We'd love to, Your Honor,
我们愿意 法官阁下
but we're rearresting Mr. Grant on a murder charge.
但是我们以谋杀指控再次逮捕格兰特先生
What?
什么
We're arresting Mr. Grant
我们以谋杀达妮·利特约翰的指控
for the murder of Dani Littlejohn,
逮捕格兰特先生
a college student who was found outside her dorm
死者为芝加哥理工学生
on the Chicago Polytech campus last August
于去年八月在宿舍门口身亡
with blunt trauma to her skull.
死因是头部受到钝物重击
That's quite a step up from a DUI. It is.
这可比酒驾严重多了 没错
And as you can see from this report,
从这份报告中还可以看到
Miss Littlejohn struggled with her killer,
利特约翰小姐曾与凶手扭打过
whose DNA was found under her fingernails.
我们在她指甲里发现了凶手的DNA
Your Honor... Hold on, Counselor.
法官阁下 等等律师
Here, take a look at this.
给 看看这个
We had no match for this DNA evidence
之前我们一直找不到匹配的DNA证据
until two months ago, when his father was arrested for assault.
直到两个月前 他父亲因袭击事件被捕
As part of the father's standard processing,
按照正常的流程
his DNA was taken and entered
我们采集了他父亲的DNA
into the statewide database, where we got a hit--
录入州数据库 然后意外发现该DNA
a familial match for Dani Littlejohn's killer.
与谋杀达妮·利特约翰的凶手有家族联♥系♥
A familial match.
家族联♥系♥
So the killer could be anybody in that kid's family.
这么说凶手可以是这孩子家族的任何人
Yes, any male in his family--
是的 家族中的任何男性
but Jeffrey Grant is the only one
但杰弗里·格兰特是唯一
at the same school as Miss Littlejohn.
和利特约翰小姐同校的家族成员
Your Honor, this-this stinks.
法官阁下 这太卑鄙了
This phony DUI charge was used as an excuse to...
打着酒驾指控的幌子来...
Counselor, this is way past phony DUI's
律师 现在的情况严重性
at this point-- I will deny the writ of habeas corpus,
远超酒驾 因此我拒绝人身保护请求
and allow the state's attorney
允许州检察院在48小时内
their 48 hours upon arrest to charge.
以这项指控进行逮捕
Is the ASA charging now, Your Honor?
这是助理地检官的命令吗 法官阁下
No, not until we get a match on the DNA.
还没 得等找到DNA的匹配结果
Then it's illegal for them to collect and test Jeffrey's DNA.
那就是非法采集检测杰弗里的DNA
And according to Illinois law,
根据伊利诺伊法律
they can only do that upon charges. Not according
他们只能在提出指控后这么做 但根据
to the Supreme Court. In Maryland v. King...
马里兰对金案的最高法♥院♥判定
Which is a general rule.
这是一般条款
The specific law in this state, Your Honor,
而我说的是这个州的特别法 法官阁下
is very, very clear about that.
对这一点规定可是非常明确的
Okay, okay, hold on. If you two want
好了 打住 别在我这儿
to debate like law students, go do it somewhere else.
像两个法学院学生一样辩论
For now, the kid stays in custody.
目前继续对这孩子的拘留
And if you want to test his DNA,
你们如果想采集他的DNA
charge him.
先起诉他
I'll call your parents.
我给你父母打电♥话♥
When can I get out? 48 hours, max.
我什么时候能出去 最多48小时
Hang tight.
安心稳住
I...
我...
Could you...?
你能...
David, hello! What the hell are you doing here?
大卫 你好 你来做什么
Answering my subpoena. In reception,
受传唤而来 那就去接待处
that's where people who don't work here wait.
不在这工作的人都在那等
You moved into my office pretty quick.
你往我办公室里搬得还真是快
Yes, after I cleaned the carpets of brimstone.
对 我把那张地狱味道的地毯清走就搬进去
I've hurt you, haven't I?
我伤害你了 是吗
Mrs. Florrick. Hello.
福瑞克夫人 你好
Ms. Lockhart. Hello.
洛克哈特女士 你好
So... you're being sued again.
那么...你们又被告了
I'm not sure how I can help you if I can't...
我不知道能否帮到你们...
It's the Gopnik adoption.
是高普尼克收养案
Myra Gopnik? Yes.
迈拉·高普尼克 对
They lost her to the genetic parents.
孩子被亲生父母要回去了
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表