Yeah. In all of those 55 years,
是啊 这55年来
never once have I cross-examined anybody.
我从未盘问过任何人
You want to question a witness?
你想要盘问证人吗
Well, I was second chair on the Paisley case,
佩斯里的案子我担任的是次席律师
and I liked it.
我很喜欢
Excuse me. Ms. Lockhart?
打扰一下 洛克哈特女士
Uh, not right now, Bonnie.
稍等一下 邦妮
The governor is on line two.
州长在二号♥线
Okay, I'll, uh... I'll get it.
好的 我这就去接
Howard, if you vote my way,
霍华德 如果你投票给我
I will let you question in court.
我会让你站上法庭
Mr. Canning and David Lee will do the same.
坎宁先生和大卫·李也会的
No, they won't.
不 他们不会
David Lee doesn't think you're up to it.
大卫·李认为你胜任不了
I do. One second.
而我不这么认为 稍等
Hello, Governor Florrick.
你好 福瑞克州长
Hi, Diane. Thanks for taking my call.
你好 戴安 谢谢你接了电♥话♥
Listen, uh, could we meet with you sometime today, Eli and myself?
今天能抽空和伊莱与我见个面吗
You and...?
你和...
Uh, certainly. Regarding?
当然可以 是什么事
Well, I think it would be better if we explained it in person.
这个我们见了面再谈吧
So, how about around 5:00? Is that good for you?
五点左右怎么样 你有空吗
Uh, good.
好的
I-I look forward to it.
我很期待
See you then.
到时见
The Supreme Court?
最高法♥院♥的空缺
I don't know. I mean, that would be odd.
我不知道 如果是就太奇怪了
Well, they haven't filled the seat yet. It's probably nothing.
他们是还没找到人 可能没什么
A committee or something.
委员会之类的小事吧
Come with me.
和我一起去
What?
什么
No. I want a... I want a posse there.
我想有个人陪着
Uh, Diane, I-I really don't think I'm right.
戴安 我真不觉得我是合适的人选
Yes, you are right.
你是最佳人选
Howard, how would you like to question a witness today?
霍华德 想不想今天就询问证人
Uh, I think we should...
我觉得我们应该...
It's a deposition.
就是个取证而已
Whatever he doesn't cover, we'll follow up.
他没问到的 我们会善后
What do you say, Howard?
你觉得怎么样 霍华德
Anything yet? I'm being deposed in about 30 minutes.
找到什么了没 半小时后我就要接受取证了
Nothing yet.
还没有
They could have kept it out of discovery.
他们可能没放在辩护材料里
If David Lee had anything to do with it, that's my bet.
我猜是大卫·李搞的鬼
You think they're gonna sandbag me at the deposition?
你觉得他们会在取证时给我下绊子
Possibly.
有可能
Here's the other thing.
来商量件事
Robyn and I were talking.
罗宾和我刚在说
We think you should go over there to be deposed.
我们觉得你去他们那接受取证比较好
Lockhart/Gardner? Why?
洛&加律所吗 为什么
So they don't turn off the teleconferencing camera, or...?
因为他们没关掉远程会议的摄像头 还是
Not just that.
不仅如此
Tell them you want to discuss the discovery,
你跟他们说你想问问
what documents are missing.
辩护材料中有没有丢了什么文件
They're not gonna say anything.
他们肯定不会说的
Not in your presence.
你在的时候是不会说
You're kidding.
开玩笑呢
No. After you leave, we'll see
没有 你离开后 我们就会搞清楚
what they say about missing documents.
辩护材料存在的猫腻
It's smart.
聪明吧
It's slimy. They're trying to set us up.
有点下作吧 他们正在给我们下套
Trying to set you up.
正在给你下套
It's not slimy. It's self-defense.
这不是下作 这是自卫
Mrs. Florrick, thanks for coming to our place.
福瑞克女士 感谢你的光临
It wasn't necessary.
但没什么必要呢
I didn't want any misunderstanding in the transmission.
我不想因为传输设备的原因产生误解
Mr. Schmidt, Mr. Canning, Diane.
施密特先生 坎宁先生 戴安
I never rate, do I?
我就没入过您的法眼 对吧
David.
大卫
How are you?
近来如何啊
Peachy keen.
不能更好
Shall we start?
能开始了吗
I have no questions for Alicia.
我没有要问艾丽西娅的问题
Diane?
戴安
Yes, Howard actually has some questions.
霍华德有问题要问
Wait. What?
等等 你说什么
Howard is going to examine Alicia.
由霍华德盘问艾丽西娅
He... No, he isn't. Yes, he is.
他...不是他 是的 就是他
I have the utmost confidence in Howard.
我对霍华德有十足的信心
You don't, David?
你没有吗 大卫
Do you, uh, want us to step out for a second? No, no.
要我们先出去一下吗 不 不用
We're good. Howard?
我们没问题 霍华德
I... Shut up. Shut up.
我...别说了 别说了
Lyman? Why Howard Lyman?
莱曼 为什么是霍华德·莱曼
He's an idiot.
他是个傻子啊
Is your name Alicia Florrick?
你的名字是艾丽西娅·福瑞克吗
It is.
是的
And did you bribe the Indian council?
你有没有贿赂印第安议会
You mean, the Tribal council?
你是指部落议会
Well, the Tribal council and the Indian council is the same thing.
部落议会和印第安议会不是一回事嘛
I don't believe they refer to themselves with that colloquialism.
我不认为他们会同意这样的方言化表述
Would you just answer the question?
你就不能直接回答问题吗
I did not bribe the Tribal council.
我没有贿赂部落议会
And you expect us to believe that?
你觉得我们会相信你吗
I do.
是的
You did everything else on the case.
这件案子的其他所有事你都包办了
Yes, but David Lee-- behind my back--
没错 但是大卫·李却瞒着我
attempted to bribe the Tribal council,
想要贿赂部落议会
and that's why this adoption fell through.
这也是这起收养未能成功的原因
But, uh, what is this?
但 这是什么
A Xerox of a take-out menu.
外卖♥♥店的菜单复印件
What is this?
这个呢
Um, it's a transcript.
一个副本
A transcript of a deposition, to be exact.
准确地说 是一次取证的副本
It's not offensive to say "Indian council."
说「印第安议会」并不冒犯人
They don't mind "Indian."
他们并不介意「印第安」
What the hell?
我勒个去
Would you read from here, Mrs. Florrick?
能否读一下这里 福瑞克夫人
Question: "How do you turn this thing on?
问题 「应该如何开机
Is this the new kind of smart phone?" Answer: "Yes."
这是新款的智能手♥机♥吗」 回答「是的」
Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Wait a minute.
等下 等下
You mean, here.
是这里吧
Question: "On March 6, 2013,
问题 「2013年3月6日
did you send Chief Joshua Proudfoot of The Chippewa Nation
你是否送给齐佩瓦族酋长乔舒亚·普劳德富特
$10,000 in cash to induce the tribe
一万美元现金诱使该部落
not to object to this adoption?"
不拒绝这次收养行为」
Answer: "I did."
回答 「是的」
So you did? No. I just read that.
所以你做了 不是 我只是在读
This was one of your associates being deposed.
这是你们律所的一位律师在接受取证
But what does it say next?
那下面呢
You want me to keep reading?
你想要我继续往下读
I demand that you keep reading.
我命令你继续往下读
Question:
问题
"And at whose direction did you deliver this inducement?"
「在谁的指使下 你进行了这次贿赂」
Answer: "Alicia Florrick."
回答 「艾丽西娅·福瑞克」
Aha. There it is in black and white.
看见了吧 白纸黑字
He's lying. Is he?
他在撒谎 是吗
Or are you lying? He's lying.
还是你在撒谎 他在撒谎
Why would the associate lie?
他为什么要撒谎
There's no reason.
没有理由啊
Because he wanted to be made a partner here,
因为他想要成为律所合伙人
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表