a bit hasty in moving you
把你调到交通管理委员会
to the Transit Authority Board.
的决定有些草率
Promoting me to the Transit Authority Board.
是提拔我到交通管理委员会
Yes, well,
是的
we heard you weren't very happy there.
我们听说你在那儿不是很愉快
Yeah, I didn't feel... qualified.
是的 我觉得我不能胜任
Then come back to us.
那回来加入我们吧
We're reorganizing the ethics commission,
我们在改组伦理委员会
giving it more power.
赋予它更多的权力
We'd like you to head it up.
我们希望你来领导它
And we'd like to announce today.
我们想今天就宣布这个决定
In what way, reorganizing?
以何种方式重组呢
Well, the ethics commission
伦理委员会
has always seemed isolated here in Chicago.
感觉一直被孤立在芝加哥这里
We want to move your offices into the governor's suite
我们想把你的办公室调到
in Springfield-- more in the...
斯普林菲尔德的州长官
heat of the action.
能更有作为
No, thank you.
不必了 谢谢
Wait a minute. Wait, whoa, whoa.
等等 等等
Why not?
为什么不愿意
Pat Quinn governed from Springfield.
帕特·奎因在斯普林菲尔德执政
Rod Blagojevich governed from Chicago.
罗德·布拉戈耶维奇在芝加哥执政
Each governor is different.
每一任州长都不一样
Where are you gonna be, Mr. Florrick?
你会待在哪儿呢 福瑞克先生
Oh, he'll be both here and Springfield.
他会兼顾这里和斯普林菲尔德
Then why are you adding all the offices here?
那你为什么把所有办公室都放在这儿
I'll be in Chicago. And you want the ethics offices
我会在芝加哥 你想把伦理委员会
isolated out in Springfield?
单独放在斯普林菲尔德?
No, thank you.
不了 谢谢
What if the offices were here?
如果办公室在这儿呢
Along with unfettered access-- yes, I'd consider it.
还要有自♥由♥访问权 这样我可以考虑一下
No one gets unfettered access.
没人有自♥由♥访问权
Give us a day to think about it.
给我们一天时间考虑一下
Okay? Thank you, Mr. Florrick.
好吗 谢谢 福瑞克先生
They hate me, don't they?
他们讨厌我 是不是
No, I don't think they hate you.
不 我不觉得他们讨厌你
They want you to consider all the repercussions.
他们希望你考虑清楚一切后果
And they can do that? Take all my money?
他们可以这样做吗 拿走我所有的钱
I don't even have that much. Well, you have
我根本没有那么多钱 等你满21岁
the $120,000 coming from your parents' trust when you turn 21.
就会得到你父母12万美元的信托基金了
They can take that.
他们可以拿走那笔钱
Excuse me one second, Tara.
失陪一下 泰拉
Is that her? Is that the surrogate?
那就是她吗 那个代♥孕♥妈♥妈♥
Yes. Look, David, I'm doing this pro bono, one of mine.
是的 大卫 这是我无偿代理的一个案子
I will not exceed 30 billable...
不会超过30个计费工时
I'm taking first chair with you.
我和你一起担任首席律师
You're what? Tara?
你什么 泰拉
Hi. I'm David Lee.
你好 我是大卫·李
I am in awe of your courage, young lady.
我非常佩服你的勇气 小姐
Life is such a precious commodity... isn't it?
生命是一份多么珍贵的赠与 不是吗
What are you on?
你在做什么
Something for Will.
威尔交待的事
I need you to... No, come to think of it,
我需要你 不 细想一下
you're still friends with Cary
你和凯里
and the fourth years, aren't you?
以及那些四年律师还是朋友 对吧
What do you need, David?
你有什么需要 大卫
No, that's okay.
不用了 没事
Robyn, I want you to look into this Dr. Tuft...
罗宾 我需要你调查一下这个塔夫脱医生
And you've been seeing Tara Bach for how long?
你认识塔拉·巴♥赫♥多久了
I've been her ob-gyn for about seven months now.
我做她的妇产科医生已经有7个月了
I see. And when is she due?
我知道了 她的预产期是什么时候
In approximately 12 weeks.
大约12周后
And in your professional opinion,
以你的专业意见
is Tara's fetus viable?
泰拉的胎儿可以存活吗
Objection, Your Honor. Relevance.
反对 法官大人 与本案无关
This is a breach of contract suit.
本案是违约诉讼
Well, let's find out the relevance.
那我们来找出联♥系♥吧
What's the relevance, Counselor?
有什么联♥系♥ 律师
If Tara's fetus is viable, Your Honor,
如果泰拉的胎儿可以存活 法官大人
then she can't abort, and there is no breach of contract.
那么她就不能流产 也就没有违约
Well, that makes sense to me, Counselor.
我觉得有道理 律师
No further questions.
没有其他问题了
Just a few more for the defense.
我还有几个问题要问被告证人
Thank you, Alicia.
谢谢 艾丽西娅
What...
什么
Why was the amnio performed so late
为什么在妊娠期间那么晚
in the pregnancy, Doctor? Why?
才做羊膜刺穿术 医生 -为什么
Uh, II didn't perform it. I know.
不是我做的 我知道
Dr. Tuft did.
是塔夫脱医生做的
But do you know why the amnio was performed
但你知道为什么羊膜刺穿术在
so late in the second trimester?
妊娠中期这么迟才做吗
Well, this was the second amnio.
这是第二次羊膜刺穿术
The first was performed in April.
第一次是在四月做的
And did you find that
第一次羊膜刺穿术后你是不是发现
Tara had spotting after the first amnio?
泰拉身上出现了斑点
Yes. And could this have come
是的 这是否可能是
from a poorly performed amnio?
由不成功的羊膜刺穿术造成的
Okay, let's hold up here. I'm not sure why
好了 先到这 我不清楚为什么
the plaintiff isn't objecting,
原告没有反对
but what is the relevance?
但这与本案有什么关联
Pure curiosity, Your Honor.
纯属好奇 法官大人
Well, let's satisfy our curiosity
我们用业余时间来
on our own time, shall we?
满足自己的好奇心 好吗
I sustain the objection that never came.
我认定这个没被提出的反对有效
So, you want to sue the hospital.
所以 你想起诉医院
I don't want to; I will sue the hospital.
我不是想起诉 我是要起诉医院
Their amnio caused these birth defects.
他们的羊膜刺穿术导致胎儿先天缺陷
And you want the child born?
你希望孩子被生下来吗
No. Your client wants the child born.
不 是你的当事人想把孩子生下来
Yes, but it means more to a suit if the child is born?
没错 但是孩子生下来对诉讼更有利
$8 million more.
多了八百万
It's pain and suffering.
这是痛苦与折磨的补偿
$2 million if Tara aborts, $10 million if she doesn't.
如果她堕胎是两百万 不堕就是一千万
Does Tara know that?
泰拉知道吗
What, that we're suing?
什么 我们起诉医院的事吗
No. She's doing it because she believes it.
不 她这么做是因为她相信这是对的
I'm pro-choice.
我支持妇女堕胎权利
It gives you the most options.
它给你提供更多的选择权
Abortion is a sin.
堕胎是一种罪恶
You're a Republican; you have to say that.
你是个共和党人 你当然得这么说
No, I'm not a Republican.
不 我不是共和党人
I just look at photos of fetuses and think,
我只是看到胎儿的照片然后觉得
how can we flush them down the drain?
我们怎么能就这样把他们冲进下水道
No one's flushing anything down the drain.
流产可不是这么回事
I met this Rockette back the '50s.
50年代我认识了一个叫罗切特的
Looked just like Cyd Charisse.
和希黛·查利斯长得一模一样
Oh, God, Cyd Charisse!
天哪 希黛·查利斯
Those legs! Oh! If men could get pregnant,
那双美♥腿♥啊 如果男人能怀孕
abortion would be a sacrament. It's legal.
堕胎将成为一项圣事 这是合法的
What else do you want? We were messing around,
你还指望怎么样 我们在一起鬼混
you know, backstage, the green room.
在后台的演员休息室
She came to me three months later, pregnant.
3个月后她来找我 有了身孕
Are you kidding me?!
你跟我开玩笑吧
Took her to Canada.
带她去了加拿大
This is what I don't get about abortion.
关于堕胎我有一点不明白
Where do you think the personality went.
你们觉得人格何去何从呢
If it had been aborted...
即使胎儿被打掉了
Hold on. Hold on!
等一下 等一下
Quiet down.
静一静
We're here to negotiate Diane's exit package.
我们是来讨论戴安的离职补贴的
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表