Then we'll see you in court.
那我们就法庭上见吧
That's my line.
你抢了我的台词
Thanks for seeing me on such short notice, Peter.
谢谢你这么快赶过来 彼得
Jim.
吉姆
So.
好了
What can I do for you?
找我过来什么事
It's about the state's attorney race and Finn Polmar.
关于州检察官竞选 关于芬恩·波尔马
Well, I figured as much.
我猜也是
Are you referring to the attorney general's report?
你是指那份首席检察官报告
Apparently the worst-kept secret in Illinois.
算得上是伊利诺伊州传得最广的所谓秘密了
I did approve the charges.
我确实同意了指控
I thought they were justified.
我以为是正义的指控
But I certainly never put a gun in Jeffrey Grant's hand.
但杰弗里·格兰特手里的枪和我无关
I think the voters will see that.
我认为选民会明白这一点
Well, great. Great.
那很好 很好
Okay, so, it was good talking to you.
跟你交谈很高兴
It's Finn Polmar
芬恩·波尔马
coming out of your wife's apartment building.
正从你妻子的公♥寓♥大楼走出来
That's really pathetic, Jim.
这太悲哀了吧 吉姆
I didn't take the picture, Peter.
这不是我拍的 彼得
It's from a surveillance camera.
这是监控摄像机拍下的
Yeah, well, I think you'll see that I was there, also.
好吧 你会发现我当时也在场
Two months ago.
就在两个月前
My wife was representing Finn...
我妻子作为芬恩的代理律师
against you, I believe. This is from two weeks ago.
与你较量 这是两周前的照片
I'm not gonna use it, Peter,
我不会利用它 彼得
but it will come out.
但这早晚会为人所知
Finn will be asked about it.
人们会质问芬恩
Your wife will be asked about it.
会质问你的妻子
You'll be asked about it.
也会质问你
How do you think it will look
你觉得这看上去像什么
that you endorsed your wife's lover?
你公开支持妻子的情夫
I know it's hard...
我知道这不容易
Seriously?
真的假的
That's your...?
这就是你的...
Well, it was good talking to you.
与你交谈很愉快
Have a good day, Jim.
祝一天愉快 吉姆
So, how are we with the endorsement?
背书的说辞准备得怎么样了
Want me to polish it?
需要我润色吗
No.
不
But you're fine with it?
但你能搞定吗
Who told us about him?
是谁向我们推荐了他
Who told us about Finn?
是谁向我们推荐了芬恩
Yes. I did.
是的 是我
So you convinced Finn to run?
是你说服芬恩竞选的吗
No. I think Alicia did.
不 我想是艾丽西娅
Why?
为什么
Let's wait on the endorsement.
支持的事暂缓一下吧
W-Why?
为什么
I just don't want to make a big thing of it.
我只是不想把事搞得太大
Uh, Peter, just so you know,
彼得 你要知道
you have already endorsed him.
你已经公开支持他了
You just haven't appeared with him.
你只是还没和他一起现身过
Yeah, I know. But let's hold off on it, okay?
我知道 但我们暂缓一下 行吗
We got a problem.
我们有麻烦了
I know.
我知道
Kael Pepper and my class action.
奇尔·佩珀和我的共同诉讼
We can only represent one of 'em.
我们只能代理他们中的一方
Yes. The one that was signed first. Kalinda.
是的 代理先签合同的一方 凯琳达
The class action...
共同诉讼...
Geez, you-you pop out of nowhere.
天啊 你又凭空出现了
The class action was signed yesterday at 3:00.
共同诉讼是昨天下午三点签约的
You signed Kael Pepper at 5:00.
而你跟奇尔·佩珀在下午五点签约
No, I signed him at 2:00. I submitted it at 5:00.
不 我和他两点签的 五点交的合同
Kael Pepper only approached you because of our suit.
奇尔·佩珀就是因为我们的共同诉讼才找你的
They want this to be a conflict of interest.
他们希望这变成利益冲突
No, they approached us because we're good lawyers,
不 他们来找我们是因为我们厉害
and they bring $8 million in yearly business.
他们能带来每年八百万美元的收入
Their facility polluted the ground water.
他们的设备污染了地下水
They poisoned those kids.
使这些孩子中毒
That's debatable. No, it isn't.
这尚存争议 没有争议
Diane, if you represent only the innocent,
戴安 如果你只为无辜者辩护
you'll go quickly out of business.
你很快就会无活可干了
I got to get to court.
我要去法庭了
Tell Kael Pepper thank you,
告诉奇尔·佩珀我们谢谢他
but no thank you. You know, let's bring it
但我们不接这案子 还是让
to the executive committee.
执行委员会来决定吧
You pitch, I'll pitch, and we'll let the firm decide.
我们各抒己见 让公♥司♥来定夺
I got to go. Boo.
我要走了
Are you Jewish?
你是犹太人吗
Am I Jewish? Yeah. Why?
我是犹太人吗 是的 怎么了
I need you to sit second chair.
我需要你来做副席律师
On what?
是什么案子
Do you care?
你在乎吗
The voir dire process is a very important one,
陪审员审查程序是很重要的
because it enables the court
它让法庭和律师们
and the lawyers to determine whether or not
能够决定你们每一个人是否
each of you would be appropriate jurors
能成为这一特定案件的
for this particular case.
合格陪审员
Canning's right.
坎宁是对的
This trial is over in voir dire.
审判在陪审员审查阶段就会结束
You had in your employment contract
只要多数人站在我们这边
that we only need a majority to prevail,
你就可以保住工作合同
so, we just need seven.
所以我们需要七个人
Whoever gets the first seven jurors
先得到七个陪审员的人
has the upper hand in negotiations.
就会在谈判中占上风
This isn't about going to trial.
这与审判无关
This is about getting seven jurors.
重点是要得到七个陪审员
It could be the difference between
成败之间就是20万和850万和解金之差
a $200,000 settlement and $8.5 million.
成败之间就是20万和850万和解金之差
What do I do?
我该怎么做
Look wise, and...
假装你很有智慧 还有
every time I touch my nose, you whisper in my ear.
每次我碰鼻子 你就假装在我耳边说话
Very well, then. Let's begin.
很好 那我们开始吧
Ms. Economus, in your capacity as a human resources manager,
艾可诺莫女士 作为人力资源经理
do you have access to what other people make?
你是否能够知道别人的收入
I mean, salary?
我是指 工资
Yes, I do.
是的 我知道
And does it rankle you sometimes
你是否会对高管们的薪水
how much more executives get paid than other employees?
大大超出其他雇员这件事感到怨恨
The CEO of your company, for example.
比如你公♥司♥的执行总裁
How much more does that person make
他比理赔员的平均工资
than the average, say, claims adjuster?
多几倍呢
I mean, 500 times?
有五百倍吗
Your Honor, objection.
法官阁下 反对
Your Honor, I believe Mr. Canning is trying
法官阁下 我认为坎宁先生
to prejudice our jury against our client
在试图利用庭外陈述使陪审团
by using out-of-court statements.
对我方当事人产生偏见
Yes, Mr. Canning, I saw the news coverage
是的 坎宁先生 我看到关于
of Mr. Paisley's comments, and I am inclined to agree.
佩斯利先生的报道了 我倾向于同意
Your Honor, I'm merely trying to determine
法官阁下 我只是试图判断
whether this juror can fairly judge a man
陪审员是否可以对一个工资
who makes thousands of times what she...
高出她几千倍的人作出公正判断
Oh, so you're worried about jurors being fair to our client?
你在担心陪审团对我方当事人太公平吗
Okay. I'm ruling
好了 我要判决了
that any out-of-court statements having to do with class
任何关于阶级差异或经济差异的
or economic differences are irrelevant.
庭外陈述都是无关的
Now step back.
现在退下吧
Ms. Economus, how much of a reader are you?
佩斯利女士 你爱读书吗
Much of a reader?
读书
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表