if we're still talking merger.
还继续谈合并的事
Can I call you back?
我能晚点再打给你吗
Well, Alicia,
艾丽西娅
if you're trying to leverage this
如果你想通过这种手段
to get a better deal...
来获得更好的交易的话
No.
不是
I can't, uh...
我不能
I'm a little under the weather.
我身体不太舒服
Let's talk when I'm feeling better.
等我感觉好些再谈吧
Well, Alicia, can...
艾莉西娅
Mom, are you okay?
妈妈 你没事吧
Yeah. You want us to get you a NyQuil or something?
要我给你拿点奈奎尔或其他的药吗
I don't know.
我不知道
I'll get you a NyQuil.
我给你拿奈奎尔
Could you make her tea? Yeah.
你能给她沏杯茶吗 好
Well, very good.
很好
You know, this job is like building track
这工作就像在飞速驶来的火车前
in front of a bullet train.
建车轨一样
You ready?
准备好了吗
Yeah, absolutely.
当然
I'm sorry to drag you through this.
抱歉把你拖到这中间来
Yeah, no problem.
没关系
So I went back through the Grant files,
我回顾了格兰特的案卷
and I found a bunch of e-mails about the professor, Delaney,
我找到了一堆关于德兰尼教授的邮件
rejecting him as a suspect.
都是否认他是嫌犯的
Uh, when was this?
这是什么时候的事
October. Okay. Good.
十月份 好
Uh, e-mails between you and Geneva?
是你和吉妮瓦之间的邮件吗
No, between you and me.
不 你和我之间的
Really? Yeah.
真的吗 是的
I guess you thought Professor Delaney's alibi was a little bit dodgy,
我想你本认为德兰尼教授的证词有点问题
but then Jeffrey Grant's name popped up
但之后杰弗里·格兰特出现了
and all those concerns just disappeared, so...
所有对德兰尼教授证词的疑虑就消失了
I'll have to go through my records.
我得回顾下我的记录
Yeah.
是啊
That's a good idea.
不错的主意
You know what we're trying to do here, Finn?
你知道我们现在要做的是什么吧
We're trying to bring something to Chicago that it's never seen.
我们要给芝加哥带来全新的东西
A state's attorney's office that is fair.
一个公平的州检察院
Fair in prosecution, investigation and sentencing.
公平的控诉 调查及审判
That's why I'm here.
这就是我来这的原因
Good.
很好
One of these days, I'm gonna need your help.
在以后的日子里 我会需要你的帮助
With...
帮
If I don't get elected next year,
如果我明年不能当选的话
this office will go right back to what it was.
州检察院就会回到从前的模样
Yeah, okay.
是的 好了
I'll talk to you.
我再找你
To what do I owe the pleasure?
有何贵干啊
What's this?
这是什么
It's a copy of a retainer agreement for a new client
戴安刚签过的新客户
that Diane just signed.
聘用协议的复印件
And she thinks this will save her?
她认为这能保住她吗
I think she does.
我认为她可以
William Donnelly?
威廉姆·唐纳利吗
Yeah. The Donnelly family
是的 唐纳利家族
has one of the big import-export businesses
在你的老社区拥有最大的
in your old neighborhood.
进出口生意
Diane really wanted to represent them,
戴安真的很想代理他们
so she offered them a discount to come aboard.
所以她提供了折扣让他们加入
She...
她
Come-come on board here?
加入 加入这里吗
Mm-hmm. Lockhart/Gardner.
嗯哼 洛克哈特&加德纳律所
Our newest client.
我们的新晋客户
She can't.
她不能这么做
It's done.
已经做了
A copy of the retainer agreement
这份聘用协议的复印件
is already in the mail to a friend of yours.
已经寄给你的一位朋友了
Liam Gerraghty?
是叫利亚姆·格拉提吧
His organization has had quite a few disagreements
他的公♥司♥长年来跟唐纳利先生
with Mr. Donnelly over the years,
都有些分歧
all of which have been sorted with some struggle.
这些分歧已经被很努力的解决了
I wonder how Mr. Gerraghty will view your firm
我在想格拉提先生会怎么看你的律所
representing his competition.
代理他的竞争对手的事
So how did you find out about me and the Gerraghtys?
你怎么找出我和格拉提的关系的
The copy was sent by express mail, by the way.
顺便说一下 复印件是通过快递寄的
So unless you fancy explaining yourself,
所以除非你幻想着可以为你自己解脱
you have about 18 hours to quit the firm.
你还有大约十八个小时从这辞职
Good-bye, Damian.
再见了 达米恩
People just think there are black hats and white hats,
人们只会认为世上只有好人和坏人
but there are black hats with white linings.
但世上也有心存善念的坏人
White hats...
心存歹念
with black linings.
的好人
And there are hats that change back and forth
也有在好坏之间
between white and black.
来回转变的人
And there are striped hats.
还有各种各样的人
Hey, Mom?
妈妈
Evil rests in the soul of all men.
人性本恶
Hey. Do you want some dinner?
你想吃点晚餐吗
I'm all right.
我没事
You sure?
你确定吗
You should probably just eat something.
你应该吃点东西的
I will later.
晚点再吃
And there is nothing you can do
除了诅咒上帝
but curse God.
你别无他法
Thank you both for agreeing to sit down.
感谢你们双方同意坐下来协商
Make it quick; I have work to do.
快点吧 我还有工作要做
Um, where's Alicia?
艾莉西娅在哪
Oh, she asked me to step in for her.
她让我代她来
We're prepared to compromise on the divorce settlement.
我们准备就离婚协议进行和解
We're not.
我们不想
David,
大卫
both our clients have been bloodied here,
我们双方的当事人都付出代价了
and there's no way to predict which way the judge will go.
我们无法预测法官会怎么判
Professor Mercer will honor the terms of the postnup
默瑟教授要尊重婚后协议中
regarding child support and alimony.
关于小孩抚养费及赡养费部分的条款
In return, our client will grant him a swift
作为交换 我们的当事人会同意与他
and uncontested divorce
快速及无争议地离婚
so he can remarry.
这样他可以再婚
It's a win-win.
这是双赢的局面
Here's my counter.
我的回应是
No proceeds for the book, no alimony,
不准再问有关书的内容 没有赡养费
massive reduction in child support,
小孩抚养费要大幅减少
or you can get the hell out of here.
不同意的话 你们就可以滚出这里了
Your proposal is accepted, Cary.
我们接受你的提议 凯里
Diane, a word?
戴安 借一步说话
I don't know what you think you're doing.
我不清楚你自以为在做些什么
I'm making an executive decision.
我在做行政决策
I'm the ranking partner here.
我是这儿级别最高的合伙人
Not for long; I have the votes.
很快就不是了 我有多数票
You had them. You just lost one.
你曾经有 你刚刚失去一票
What?
什么
You lost one vote.
你失去了一票
You'll have a hard time finding your friend Damian
你很难在明天以及之后的合伙人会议上
for tomorrow's partner meeting or any other one.
再见到你的朋友达米恩了
You think I'm bluffing, hmm?
你觉得我在虚张声势吗
Go. Check.
去确认一下吧
You make a deal with Alicia, half the partners will rebel.
你和艾丽西娅合作 一半的合伙人都会反叛
I make a deal with Alicia and bring Chumhum back into the tent,
我和艾丽西娅合作 争取回查查网
half the partners will be too busy counting their bonus money.
一半的合伙人忙着数红利都来不及呢
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表