to be first lady of Illinois?
伊利诺斯州第♥一♥夫♥人♥
Weird.
很诡异
Kind of like... first galactic princess.
简直像 银河第一公主
I'm sorry I didn't get back to you the other night.
抱歉那天晚上我没赶回去找你
Hey, you've been celebrating,
这几天你忙着庆祝
you've been on death row, it's been...
还忙着处理死刑上诉 确实...
A weird few days.
过得很忙乱
But we can talk...
但是我们可以聊
When this is over. Don't worry.
事情结束再说吧 别担心
Well, I... I was hoping to...
其实 我是想...
All right, I got it.
我拿到了
ASA Pine.
派恩助理检察官
Ms. Lockhart.
洛克哈特女士
Hello.
你好
You worked at the South Bend
你在南本德市
prosecutor's office, didn't you? A while ago.
检察官办公室工作过吧 很久之前了
Why? Do we know someone...?
怎么 是谁介绍你来的吗
You were the assistant prosecutor
艾迪·佛努姆的谋杀案
on the Eddie Fornum homicide.
你当时是助理检察官
Do you know how we know that?
你知道我们怎么知道的吗
I don't care.
无所谓
You had Eddie's hair retested six years ago.
六年前 你重新检验了艾迪的头发
Ms. Lockhart, I'm not talking to you.
洛克哈特女士 我不想跟你谈
They're going to execute him.
他要被处以死刑了
They tried once
上次没成功
and they're going to execute him in 48 hours.
两天后 就会再次执行
And you had ten years to appeal his execution.
你曾有十年的时间为他上诉
Don't come to me with 40 hours left.
却在最后关头来找我
You think he's innocent.
你觉得他是无辜的
I think you're out of time.
你们来不及了
Just give us the hair test.
把检验结果给我们吧
Will, I have a lead, but I need time.
威尔 有线索了 不过需要时间
That is a very good point, Your Honor.
您说得很有道理 法官阁下
That wasn't a point, Mr. Scheck.
我没说什么道理 谢克先生
I just wanted you to finish.
我只是希望你快点说完
Well, uh, let me address that point, if I may...
好吧 那么请允许我阐述下您的意思
Uh, but before I do,
不过在此之前
let me introduce my co-counsel...
我来介绍一下我的合作律师...
Will Gardner.
威尔·加德纳
...Will Gardner, joining the case.
威尔·加德纳 将要参审
Your Honor, if it pleases the court,
法官阁下 如果法庭不介意的话
we ask that the execution of Eddie Alan Fornum
我们要求艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆的处决
be delayed until... Your Honor...
延期到... 法官阁下
I'm way, way ahead of you, Ms. Cesca.
行了 我比你反应快 西斯卡女士
You know, it doesn't please the court.
不好意思 法庭介意
Not very much pleases the court these days.
最近法庭非常不近人情
But your guy is not gonna join this suit.
你们的客户不能参与此次诉讼
Now, what else do you have?
还有什么要说的
You misunderstand me, Your Honor.
法官阁下 您误会了
We're not looking for Eddie Alan Fornum to join the suit.
我们不是希望艾迪·阿兰·佛努姆参与诉讼
We're looking for him to be the evidence.
我们是希望他的处刑能作为证据
Mr. Fornum's testimony
佛努姆先生的证词
is the most relevant as to how much pain is suffered in the subject of lethal injection
最能够证明死刑处决的痛苦程度
because he was the subject of lethal injection.
因为他曾接受过死刑处决
Your Honor, I am speechless.
法官阁下 我简直无语了
Me, too.
我也是
I am speechless.
我也无语了
And yet intrigued. Go on.
但是很有兴趣 请继续
If Mr. Fornum is executed,
如果佛努姆先生被处决
the state will have destroyed crucial evidence for the plaintiff.
州政♥府♥也就毁掉了原告的重要证据
Your Honor, they are trying to delay an execution.
法官阁下 他们是要拖延死刑时间
Of course they are.
我看得出来
How much time do you need to depose him?
他什么时候才能出庭作证
Six weeks. A month.
六周 一个月
All right.
好吧
You have till Monday.
周一之前
Your Honor... Just relax, all right?
法官阁下 别激动
The State of Indiana can execute him on Tuesday.
印第安纳州政♥府♥可以周二对他行刑
Now, look, I know what you three are doing,
我知道你们三个想干什么
but y-you're not gonna save your guy with schemes.
但是光凭耍诡计你们是救不了他的
You're gonna buy him a little time.
你们只能给他争取一点时间
You're not gonna save him.
但你们救不了他
Time is all we need, Your Honor.
我们只需要时间 法官阁下
And please use it well.
那你们最好物尽其用
Get on with Kalinda.
跟凯琳达联♥系♥
We bought her another 48 hours.
我们又给她争取到两天时间
Governor-elect Florrick's office. Please hold.
候任州长福瑞克办公室 请稍候
You're sure you don't need anything?
你确定什么都不要吗
Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks.
我确定 谢谢
I'm fine, thanks.
我很好 谢谢
Four of the last eight governors of Illinois
前八任伊利诺伊州长中有四位
have gone to prison.
进了监狱
Four of the last eight.
前八任中有四位
Which is why we need to remember
因此我们不能忘记
that the spouse and the children
配偶和孩子是
are an extension of the governor.
州长形象的外延
Your choices become his choices.
你们的决定就是他的决定
Now, I've looked over your work at Lockhart/Gardner, Alicia.
我调查了你在洛&加律所的工作 艾丽西娅
There shouldn't be any problem there,
只要你不主动去拉
as long as you don't actively solicit clients
和州长打交道的客户
who have business with the governor's office,
也不利用和州长的关系
and that your relationship with the governor
去吸引客户上门
isn't used as a lure to clients.
那就没问题
It should not look like Peter is receiving
决不能看上去像是
backdoor remuneration through your business.
彼得通过你的工作接受什么秘密收入
And that your clients shouldn't believe
同时你的客户也不能认为
that your spousal connection...
通过你们的婚姻关系...
We need to talk.
我们得聊几句
About?
聊什么
We need to talk.
我们得聊聊
I'm starting my own firm.
我打算自己开律所
You're...
你打算...
When?
什么时候
Next week.
下周
Me, Cary and ten others.
我 凯里和另外十个人
Peter, I wanted to tell you yesterday,
彼得 我昨天就想告诉你
but there was just no time.
只是没找到时间
That's fantastic!
太棒了
You've been wanting to do this since law school.
你在读法学院的时候就想开律所了
I know. But I'm just worried that...
我知道 但是我担心...
it might complicate your ethical issues.
这会让你的道德审查变复杂
Oh, Marilyn was covering
玛丽莲刚才在讲
all the spousal conflict of interest issues.
配偶利益冲突问题
Have you told Will?
你告诉威尔了吗
And Diane?
还有戴安
No. Not yet.
还没
Uh, just you two.
就告诉了你们俩
I'm damn proud of you.
我真是太为你骄傲了
Damn proud of you.
太为你骄傲了
Thank you.
谢谢
I'm so sorry, I have to get this.
抱歉 我得接个电♥话♥
I am on my way.
我在路上
What?
干嘛啊
There were two nurses, a man and a woman.
当时有两个护士 一男一女
And they had the needles.
他们都拿着针
And they tried to put them
他们在我左右手上
into the veins of my right and my left arm.
都试过扎针管
How many times?
试了多少次
I again object to this line of questioning
我反对这种问法
as a delaying tactic.
这是拖延时间
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表