Would you like me to set up
你愿意让我再跟塔夫脱医生
another appointment with Dr. Tuft?
再安排一次检查吗
No, he'll just say what he said again.
他还会把说过的话说一遍
Tara, he has birth defects.
塔拉 他有先天缺陷
I know it feels like he's healthy,
我知道你觉得他很健康
but he'll be in pain when he's born,
但他出生后会很痛苦
and he won't survive.
而且他活不下来
He has a 15% chance.
他有15%的机会
That's what the doctor said.
那医生说的
That's not a real chance.
那不算真正的机会
My parents said I had a 10% chance
我父母说我我有10%的机会
of getting into DePaul, but I'm here.
能进德保罗大学 我也进来了
Tara...
塔拉...
it's not your baby.
孩子不是你的
And you are not my lawyer.
你也不是我的律师
Not really.
不算是
They're paying you.
他们付你钱的
Yes, but I represent your interests.
但是为了维护你的利益
I represent the surrogate's interests.
我是代表代♥孕♥者的利益的
Then start.
那就帮我
It's not your decision.
这不是你能决定的
Tara.
塔拉
Tara has decided that
塔拉决定了
in the best interest of the fetus,
为了胎儿的利益
she will carry the baby to term.
她会怀着孩子直到生产
Excuse me.
抱歉
This isn't...
这不是...
We talked about this.
我们说好了的
I know.
我知道
Kathy, I can't.
凯西 我做不到
He's not sick.
他没病
I can feel him. You're not a doctor!
我能感觉到他 你不是医生
Okay, hold on.
好了 冷静点
Page 18 of the surrogacy contract, Tara,
代♥孕♥合同第18页 塔拉
you specifically agreed to terminate
你特别同意了
if there were substantial signs of birth defects.
若有足够证据证明孩子先天缺陷则终止妊娠
Yes, Tara believes these do not
对 塔拉认为目前
constitute substantial signs...
没有足够的证据...
What? You have got to be kidding me.
什么 你在开玩笑吧
Tara, this... You can't do this.
塔拉 这... 你不能这么做
Kathy, Brian, okay.
凯西 布莱恩 好了
Really?
真的吗
And have you explained to her how she will be in breach?
你跟她解释过违反合约会怎样吗
I have explained to her her options.
我说明过她的选择
We're paying you, Alicia.
我们是付你钱的人 艾丽西娅
She's not paying you.
她没付钱
Yes, and as part of the surrogacy agreement
对 作为代♥孕♥协议的部分内容
you agreed to pay me to act in her best interests
你们同意在代♥孕♥期间
during the course of the surrogacy.
雇佣我维护她的利益
Tara...
塔拉
you're hurting us.
你在伤害我们
You don't agree with Tara.
你不赞成塔拉的做法
It's not about what I agree with.
我赞成什么不是重点
So you're just cashing a paycheck? No...
那就是拿钱办事了 不
I am faithfully representing the interests of my client.
我只是忠诚地代表我当事人的利益
And the interests of your client
你当事人的利益
involve being the mother of a child with major birth defects?
包括做先天缺陷孩子的母亲吗
No.
不包括
Ah. So Tara wants to give birth,
那塔拉想生下孩子
and then force my clients to raise the child?
然后强迫我的当事人抚养吗
My client has made the choice not to have... No. No.
我的当事人选择不... 不对不对
...an abortion. You don't get to use the word "Choice""
堕胎 你没有权利用"选择"这词
That fetus is wholly
胎儿完全是
my clients' genetic material:
由我当事人的基因组成的
their egg, their sperm.
他们的卵子 他们的精♥子♥
The only one who gets to choose
有权做选择的
is the actual mother.
是真正的母亲
We would disagree. Ah.
我们不同意
And that settles that, then?
那我们得解决那问题
We're suing. Today.
我们要起诉 就今天
W-Wha... you're suing for what?
什...诉讼目的呢
To force my client to have an abortion?
强迫我当事人堕胎吗
How does that work? Economic devastation.
那怎么可能 经济损失
Your client breached her contract.
你当事人违反合同
The Isenstadts put over half a million into this surrogacy.
伊恩斯塔德夫妇为这次代♥孕♥付了50万
Oh, come on.
拜托
Searching for a surrogate,
找代♥孕♥
fertility fees, Tara's weekly payments.
生育费 塔拉的周薪
A half million is going to bankrupt your client.
50万能让你当事人破产
Unless she decides to honor
除非她决定
the terms of her contract.
遵守合约条款
Then we'll see you in court.
那我们法庭见吧
No, I won't be seeing you anywhere.
不 我们哪也不会见了
You're fired.
你被开除了
The Isenstadts are terminating
伊恩斯塔德夫妇不再雇你
your employment as Tara's lawyer.
作塔拉的律师了
Well, they can't do that
他们不能那么做
until the surrogacy is concluded.
除非代♥孕♥终止
No, they can't do that
不 他们不能那样做
until the contract is concluded,
除非合同终止
and you've decided the contract is concluded.
而你已经决定终止合同
So unless you're into doing this case pro bono,
所以除非你想无偿代理这个案子
it was nice meeting you.
很高兴见到你 再会
Not in this context.
与此无关
You put your interests
你把自己的利益
over the interests of the firm, Diane.
置于律所的利益之上 戴安
This is my firm!
这是我的律所
It was your firm.
这曾经是你的律所
Then get the security guards.
那叫保安来呀
Carry me out. No.
把我撵出去 不
We have enough respect for you
我们对你足够尊重
not to make this a public spectacle.
不至于把这变成一场公开的闹剧
You want to end it this way?
你想这样结束吗
Diane, you ended it.
戴安 是你结束了它
Now, go be a judge.
当你的法官去吧
We have work to do here.
我们这里还有事要做
Hello. Is Grace there?
你好 请问格雷斯在吗
No, this is her mother. May I ask who's calling?
她不在 我是她妈妈 请问你是哪位
Jimmy Lawrence.
吉米·劳伦斯
She should be back in an hour.
她一小时内应该就会回来
What is this regarding?
你有什么事吗
Was that for me?
找我的吗
No, Grace.
不 找格雷斯的
Who's Jimmy Lawrence?
吉米·劳伦斯是谁
Someone from school.
学校里的人
Why?
怎么了
Well, he was calling for Grace.
他打来找格雷斯
Zach, is something going on with your sister?
扎克 你妹妹有什么事吗
No.
没有
But something's going on?
但还是有什么事情的吧
Zach, what?
扎克 怎么了
Grace has nothing to do with this, Mom.
格雷斯与此事无关 妈妈
It's... it's not her.
不是她的问题
But Grace...
可是格雷斯
I don't understand.
我不明白
Where...?
哪里
So that's why this kid is calling?
所以这个孩子才打给她吗
Lots of kids.
很多人
We want you back, Marilyn.
我们希望你回来 玛丽莲
Yes, I thought that we were
是的 我觉得我们
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表