in an envelope, and that envelope
装T恤的信封
was about, hmm, it was about yay big.
大概就这么大
That's why your postal worker saw me and that's why you need
因此你的邮政人员见过我 也因此
to keep looking for your leaker.
你得继续找你的告密者
Come on, Cary, help us.
拜托 凯里 帮帮我们
Oh, it is always a pleasure, Ms. Lockhart.
我一直乐意效劳 洛克哈特女士
Sorry to keep you waiting.
抱歉让你等这么久
What a day.
今天真是太乱了
We found the daughter's works,
我们找到了那个女儿的注射器
and we're comparing the blood on the syringe with the DNA, but...
正把上面的血迹和手套上的DNA对比 但
You don't think it'll pan out?
你觉得得不出什么结果?
I don't know.
我不确定
The daughter was talking about her dad taking bribes,
这姑娘谈到她父亲受贿的事
and I'm wondering if he was hiding something.
所以我在想他是不是有什么秘密
Oh, good. Probably worth a look.
很好 值得调查
Please.
请坐
You have a good relationship with Eli Gold, don't you?
你和伊莱·戈德私交不错 对吗
I do. I thought so.
对 我想也是
I like him.
我挺喜欢他
Me, too.
我也是
We want you to liaison with his department.
我们希望由你来与他的部门联♥系♥
His...? As part of our expansion,
他的... 我们正在扩张
we're thinking of bringing
我们想将他的
his consultation and lobbying firm in-house.
咨♥询♥游说公♥司♥收入麾下
Here?
收到这里?
Yes.
对
And we want you to be the bridge
希望你能充当桥梁的角色
between the legal and the political.
沟通法律和政♥治♥
You seem startled.
你看起来很惊讶
It just seems so...
这事情太...
Incestuous?
潜规则?
No, sudden.
不 是太突然了
Oh, well.
这个嘛
The path to the corner office is always sudden--
通往角落办公室的道路总是出现得很突然
and incestuous.
也很潜规则
Grab the chances when they come
抓好良机 因为
because they don't come again.
机不可失 时不再来
Yes, I just...
对 我只是...
We got a problem. Of course we do.
我们有麻烦了 意料之中
The jury just called for the judge.
法官接到陪审团的通知
The lawyers are being called.
双方律师也已接到传唤
Looks like the verdict's in.
看来有裁决了
They're looking cocky.
他们很志满意得的样子
Try cases with husband and wife defendants.
查查他所审理的被告是夫妇的案件
We did.
查过了
There are only eight in the last five years.
过去五年总共才八起
You're right, it was a mistake to get my hopes up.
你是对的 不该抱如此高的期望
We'll make this work.
我们会想办法赢的
The cases where Judge Ellerbee recused himself, look at them.
查查那些埃勒比法官主动退出的案子
What?
什么
Yes, we've only looked at cases
我们之前只查了
that Judge Ellerbee presided over.
埃勒比法官审理过的案件
Look at the ones he didn't preside over.
现在去查下那些他没有审理过的
The ones he recused himself from?
他主动退出的那些?
Yes. If there was a bribe involved,
对 如果他真的牵涉受贿
somebody might have been angry that he dropped out.
他的退出可能会引起行贿人的不满
All rise.
全体起立
Court is now in session. Get going.
现在开庭 速速去办
Honorable Suzanne Morris presiding.
尊敬的苏珊·莫里斯法官主审
Thank you. Please be seated.
谢谢 请坐
I understand we don't have a verdict, Petie?
陪审团还未裁定 是吗 皮迪
We just have a question?
只是有个问题而已?
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
The jury would like a portion of Judge Ellerbee's decision
陪审团希望聆听在相关民事案件中
in the civil case read to them.
埃勒比法官判决的部分内容
Any objection? No, Your Honor.
有异议吗 没有 法官大人
Mr. Gardner? We need time.
加德纳先生 我们需要时间
We have a direction, but we need time.
我们有方向了 但这需要时间
Mr. Gardner?
加德纳先生
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官大人
Um, we would suggest to the court
我们想提醒诸位
that the whole transcript in context is important
整个判案文本的完整性
as an understanding of the case.
对理解此案 至关重要
You're kidding. And, therefore,
别逗了 正因如此
we would ask that the whole transcript be read
我们请求陪审团聆听判决的全文
and not just a portion.
而不是一部分
Your Honor, it's 186 pages.
法官大人 那东西有186页呢
In the service of justice.
这是为了司法公正
We believe it's the very foundation
我们相信 我们整个
of our judicial system,
司法系统的基石
as promulgated by our Founding Fathers,
正如我们的制宪元勋们所声明的一样
that comprehensiveness
在于 对案情的理解
be chosen over...
应该高于...
...the opposite.
...其对立面
Okay.
好吧
In the name of comprehensiveness.
以理解之名
How's your reading voice, Petie?
你朗读的嗓音如何 皮迪
186 pages-- how long will that take?
186页 要读多久
Three hours maybe. You have three hours.
大概三个小时 你有三小时时间
Okay. Senka Park Development suit.
好 森卡公园开♥发♥案
A husband and wife defendant.
被告是一对夫妇
Lost a suit against the city.
输给了原告市政♥府♥
Judge Ellerbee recused himself for personal reasons.
埃勒比法官因私人原因退出了此案的审理
He was visiting his daughter in Arizona?
他去亚利桑那看女儿?
The defendants were Mr. And Mrs. Gothard of Lincoln Park.
被告是林肯公园的加萨德夫妇
We need to get her DNA. I'm on it.
我们得拿到她的DNA 这就去
I have to run, Eli.
我得走了 伊莱
You called me.
是你打电♥话♥叫我来的
Yeah, then catch up.
对 跟我来
I thought you'd be happy.
我以为你会高兴的
That you're bringing your business here?
因为你把你的业务带到这里来?
Yes.
没错
It's a boost for the firm, it's a boost for you.
这对律所很有利 对你也是
You'll be my boss, Eli.
这样你就成我上司了 伊莱
No, I won't. That's not how it'll work.
不会的 不是这样的
That is exactly how it'll work.
肯定会是这样
No, you'll be a liaison, that's all.
不 你会是个纽带 仅此而已
You are so transparent, Eli.
你做得也太明显了 伊莱
This is about Peter's campaign.
这是为了彼得的竞选
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
He's going to run for Senate, or Governor, or something.
他要继续竞选参议员或州长 或是其他什么
You don't just run for State's Attorney;
州检察官不是你的最终目标
it's a stepping stone.
这只是个踏脚石
Okay, I am not admitting anything,
好吧 我可不是承认什么
but even if that were true, this has nothing to do with that.
但就算这是真的 也不是因为这个原因
I've got to bring my business somewhere,
我早晚得把我的业务挂靠在某家公♥司♥
and this place has been good to me.
这家公♥司♥对我不错
A profile from two years ago.
一篇两年前的文章说到
Mrs. Gothard was at a fertility clinic--
加萨德太太去过不孕症诊所
can you get DNA from a genetic test?
你能从她的基因检测报告拿到DNA样本吗
Yeah.
好的
I'm not doing this, Eli.
我不同意 伊莱
You need to bring your business somewhere else.
你得把你的业务挂靠到其他公♥司♥去
No.
不要
Alicia, I've deferred to you in many things,
艾丽西娅 我已经在很多件事上对你妥协了
but this is a business decision.
但这个决定必须公事公办
I am bringing my consulting business here
我要把我的咨♥询♥业务搬到这里来
because I think it's a good fit,
因为这是正好合适
and you are going to be the liaison
要你当联络人
because that is a good fit, too.
因为这也正好合适
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表