"4/23/10. 5:33 a.m."
"2010年4月23日 早上5点33分"
That's my call-waiting.
我有个电♥话♥进来
Good. I'll see you in court.
好的 法庭见
Hello.
喂
Hey, Alicia, we've got a bit of a problem.
艾丽西娅 我们遇到点麻烦
Mr. Gold-- Eli, how are you?
戈德先生 伊莱 你好吗
Good.
很好
Why?
怎么了
No reason.
关心下
Okay.
好吧
So I got a call from the Childs campaign
查尔兹那边给我打了电♥话♥
about something on the Internet that we did not approve.
和我说了些网上我们并未同意的东西
Alicia?
艾丽西娅
Eli, um, why don't we do this in person?
伊莱 我们面谈吧
In p...? It'll only take a second.
当面? 这耽搁不了多少时间
Um, you know what, we can do it after court.
可以在我上庭后谈
Um, we'll do it in person...
当面谈
What's going on?
怎么了
We'll talk later.
待会说
All rise. The Honorable Judge Lessner presiding.
全体起立 有请列斯纳法官
And we have pretrial motions
现在要进行审前动议
on People versus Alderman Matthew Wade, is that correct?
是人♥民♥诉议员马修·韦德案 对吧
Yes, Your Honor. Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下 是的 法官阁下
Oh, hell.
见鬼
Ms. Lockhart, do you have a motion?
洛克哈特女士 你有什么审前动议
Diane.
戴安
Diane, Diane.
戴安 戴安
Uh, one moment, Your Honor.
稍等片刻 法官阁下
Just keep saying "In my opinion" before everything. Keep what?
记得在每句话前都加上"我认为" 什么
I've argued in front of this judge before. Just do it.
我参加过这法官的庭审 照着做就行了
Ms. Lockhart?
洛克哈特女士
Um, yes, Your Honor, I, um...
好了 法官阁下
We believe the government has padded its charge
我们相信政♥府♥给我的当事人
against my client with a ridiculous terrorism count...
加上了一个子虚乌有的恐♥怖♥主♥义♥罪名
in my opinion.
我认为如此
And we ask for summary dismissal of this charge.
我们要求立即驳回这项指控
The government has ample reason to charge Mr. Wade, Your Honor.
政♥府♥有充分理由控告韦德先生 法官阁下
In the submitted wiretaps, he had mentioned
在已提交的窃听证据中
on several occasions receiving money from Muslim extremists.
他多次提到收了穆♥斯♥林♥极端分子的钱
In your opinion?
这是你认为?
Excuse me, Your Honor?
你说什么 法官阁下
In your opinion, you have ample reason?
你认为 你们有充分的理由?
Uh, yes, in my opinion.
呃... 是的 我认为如此
The unfortunate thing is, Your Honor,
法官阁下 糟糕的是
the government has attempted to bury the fact
政♥府♥企图掩盖
that this was merely a joke-- in my opinion.
这仅仅只是一个玩笑的事实 我认为如此
A joke taken deathly seriously by their client.
他们的当事人把这个玩笑非常当真
I'm sorry, was that in your opinion?
抱歉 这是你认为吗
Ms. Vashey, was it?
瓦希女士 是吗
Yes, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
In my opinion.
我认为如此
The only problem is that,
问题在于
in an earlier taped conversation between Mr. Wade and Royce Crombie,
在早些时候的韦德和克龙比的窃听录音中
the two men discussed Mr. Wade's faith
他们讨论了韦德先生的信仰
and joked that the only people who would contribute money
并开玩笑说唯一会给他捐助资金的
to him were Islamic extremists.
只有伊♥斯♥兰♥极端分子
This then became their running gag.
这之后就成了他们常开的玩笑
A running gag unaccompanied by laughter, Your Honor.
他们讲这笑话都不笑的 法官阁下
Yes, as tends to happen in human conversation.
对 但这很正常
You'll find, at these moments in the wiretaps,
您会发现 在窃听录音的这些时间点
Mr. Wade and Crombie joked-- with laughter about Muslim extremists.
这两人笑着 开着穆♥斯♥林♥极端分子的玩笑
In my opinion.
我认为如此
It does seem a little odd, Ms. Vashey,
有个问题不太合逻辑 瓦希女士
that someone who was an actual Muslim extremist
一个真正的穆♥斯♥林♥极端分子
would refer to associates as "Muslim extremists."
在谈到同伴时会用"穆♥斯♥林♥极端分子"这个词?
Do you have anything else?
你还有什么要说的吗
Ms. Vashey, anything?
瓦希女士 还有吗
Your Honor,
法官阁下
immediately after Mr. Wade
韦德先生在接受了
received $50,000 from an Islamic extremist contributor,
穆♥斯♥林♥极端分子捐赠的5万美元后
he vetoed the city council's decision
他立刻否决了市议会的决定
and insisted that the Al-Mirad mosque be built...
而坚持兴建清♥真♥寺...
Oh, come on.
得了吧
This he did over the objections
他不顾当地居民反对
of his community and the advice of his campaign manager--
也不顾竞选经理的忠告 一意孤行
in my opinion.
我认为如此
This is a moving target of an indictment, Your Honor.
控方在变更控诉依据 法官阁下
In my opinion, it should be rejected.
我认为 应予驳回
The evidence is quite clear.
现在证据确凿
In my opinion.
我认为如此
Then supply it to the defense for review,
请把证据出示给辩方供其审阅
and I will hear arguments on this charge in four days time.
4天后我再听取关于这项指控的论辩
They're going to get me, no matter what.
他们这是横竖都要打垮我
Alderman Wade did, in fact, maneuver the city council
韦德议员确实操纵市议会
to approve the Al-Mirad mosque on 86th.
批准在86街兴建清♥真♥寺
And he explained why.
他解释了原因吧
He did.
是的
It was a blighted neighborhood,
那是一个堕落的社区
and the building that was razed was a squatter's meth house.
被铲平的建筑原来是个被非法占用的贩毒点
It's also true that the neighborhood has revived since,
建了清♥真♥寺后 社区确实焕然一新
so one could argue that Wade made the right decision.
所以可以辩称韦德的决定是对的
But?
但是?
He received a payment from Crombie a $50,000 contribution
他在改变关于清♥真♥寺立场的前一天
a day before he reversed himself on the mosque.
接受了克龙比5万美元的捐助
It's a bad fact.
这点很不利
Yep.
是
Anything good?
有好消息吗
Well, there's, um...
有些...
...something odd.
可疑的地方
Um, the bundler, Crombie--
筹款人克龙比
at the time of this $50,000 contribution,
在这5万美元捐助期间
he made six visits in one week to the same gas station at Garfield Park.
他一周内去了加菲公园的加油站6次
Okay, I don't understand.
那又怎样 我不懂
This gas station is ten miles away from him.
这个加油站离他家10英里远
You think it was a meeting place for one of these Islamic contributors?
你认为这是他与伊♥斯♥兰♥金主碰头的地方?
Or a non-Islamic one.
或是其他金主
I will... I will find out.
我会 我会搞清楚的
And we're still on the wire taps.
我们继续跟进窃听录音
Halfway through. Good. Then let's go.
已经完成一半了 很好 开始干活
Everything all right?
没什么问题吧
Yeah. It will be soon.
嗯 很快就能解决
So what'd you do with my bat?
你怎么处理我的球棒了
I took it
我拿了
because I didn't want you to destroy my next rental car.
我可不想你再把我租的车砸坏
Right. So where is it?
好 放哪儿了
You know what I want, Kalinda?
凯琳达 你知道我想怎么样吗
A truce.
休战
Because I really think that we got off on the wrong foot.
我实在觉得我们的关系一开始就不该搞成这样
This won't end well.
结局也好不到哪儿去
Well, that's intimidating.
你在恐吓我
The 15 boxes we've been through
我们已经听了15盒录音了
haven't yielded anything bullet-proof,
还没找到任何可以对抗指控的内容
so we need to focus on repeated patterns of conversa...
我们得重点关注重复出现的对话模式
Eli.
伊莱
How are you?
你怎么样
Me? Good. Why? What's wrong?
我 很好 怎么了
Nothing. I was just asking.
没什么 就是问声好
There is a tape online which we had nothing to do with
网上有一段视频拿查尔兹儿子开涮
making fun of Glenn Childs's son.
不是我们做的
And I just had an angry call from the Childs campaign
我刚接到查尔兹阵营打来的电♥话♥
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表