The Defense calls Cary Agos.
辩方提请凯里·艾格斯作证
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官阁下
Mr. Agos is not on the defense witness list.
艾格斯先生不在证人名单上
Rule 607 of the Rules for Court-Martial, Your Honor.
根据军事法庭规则第607条
He doesn't have to be if I'm calling him as an impeachment witness.
为质疑证人A之可信性时 证人B不必在名单上
Overruled.
反对无效
Mr. Agos... first of all, hello.
艾格斯先生 首先说声 你好
Hello.
你好
You persecuted Mr. S... excuse me--
你曾迫♥害♥... 抱歉
prosecuted Mr. Simmons for the murder of his wife in state court?
你曾在州法♥院♥指控西蒙斯先生杀妻?
I did. You were there. You remember that?
是的 当时你也在 还记得吧
I do.
记得
And when you couldn't convict him,
但陪审团裁决他无罪
you convinced Captain Melinda Gossett to try him in military court.
于是你说服戈塞特上尉在军事法庭控诉他
Objection.
反对
Sustained. Mrs. Florrick.
反对有效 福瑞克太太
Mr. Agos,
艾格斯先生
did you personally interview Ms. Joyce just prior to this trial commencing?
在审判开始前 你是否访谈过乔伊斯小姐
I did.
有过
And did she convey to you her suspicions
她是否向你表达过 她怀疑
that the victim had been sleeping with someone other than her husband?
被害人和她丈夫以外的人保持着关系
Ms. Joyce told me that she believed
乔伊斯小姐告诉我 她认为
Mrs. Simmons had been sleeping with the defendant's commanding officer.
西蒙斯太太与西蒙斯的指挥官保持着关系
And that would be Captain Gauthier?
那个指挥官 是戈捷上尉吗
That's right.
对
Your Honor, I have to object here on grounds of relevance.
法官阁下 反对 这与本案无关
Overruled. Please continue, Mrs. Florrick.
驳回 请继续 福瑞克太太
And did she believe there were reasons for this sexual activity?
她是否认为这段性关系事出有因
Captain Gauthier had told her
戈捷上尉告诉她
he could keep the defendant from being deployed, in exchange for sex.
他能让被告免于派遣 条件是陪他上♥床♥
Your Honor, based on Mr. Agos's testimony,
法官阁下 基于艾格斯先生的证词
we ask that we be allowed
我方提请
to question Captain Gauthier overseas via teleconference.
视频质询正在海外服役的戈捷上尉
Objection.
反对
Overruled.
反对无效
You swear you tell the truth?
你发誓如实作证吗?
The whole truth and nothing but the truth? So help you God.
所有事实 绝无虚言? 请让上帝帮助你
I do.
我发誓
So you were at the bar that night with Specialist Simmons?
那天晚上 你和技术兵西蒙斯一起在酒吧?
Yes, ma'am. I left at 2300 hours,
是的 女士 我23点左右离开的
and drove Corporal Vernik and Private Suarez back to the base.
然后开车把伯尼克和苏亚雷斯送回了基地
And then, where did you go, Captain?
然后你去了哪里 上尉
I went home.
我回家了
So you didn't make a stop at the home of the defendant?
你没有去被告家逗留一下吗
No, I didn't.
没有 我没去
Because Mrs. Simmons threatened you, didn't she, Captain?
是因为西蒙斯太太威胁了你 是吗 上尉
She was going to tell her husband that you'd extorted sexual favors from her.
她准备告诉丈夫 你敲诈她上了床
No.
没有
You told her that you could keep her husband from being deployed.
你告诉她你能使她丈夫免于被派遣
No. I don't have that authority.
我没有那样的权力
But she didn't know that, did she?
但她不知道这一点 是吗
And when you didn't make good on your promise,
当你未能兑现承诺时
she threatened you, and you went to her home.
她威胁了你 然后你去了她家
I...
我...
You went to her home, and you stabbed her 38 times.
你去了她家里 捅了她38刀
Captain Gauthier, this is Colonel Leora Kuhn, acting judge.
戈捷上尉 我是代理法官库恩上校
Do you require counsel, Captain?
你需要律师吗 上尉
Counsel?
律师?
I want...
我要...
Captain Gauthier?
戈捷上尉
Captain?
上尉
So you're saying you can set aside your personal political convictions
你是说 当你做我的代理人时
when it comes to representing me and my interests?
你能把你个人的政♥治♥信念放到一边?
Truthfully, I can never put aside my personal political convictions.
说实话 我永远不会把我的政♥治♥信念放到一边
What I'm saying is they won't be an issue.
我只是说 这不会成为问题
If I can represent murderers when I think they're guilty,
既然我能做我认为有罪的杀人犯的律师
I can represent you.
我也能做你的律师
Well, that's damn decent of you.
你可真是正派
A real vote of confidence.
我投你一个信任票
Why do I get the feeling that Derrick Bond put you up to this?
我怎么觉得是德里克安排你安抚我的
Well, he did,
的确如此
but I would have turned him down if I didn't believe it.
但如果我认为我们无法合作 我不会答应他
You come back with Derrick as your lawyer,
你回来 让德里克担任你的律师
and we will not have a problem. You have my word on that.
我们不会有问题的 我保证
I'll come back.
我会回来
But I don't want Derrick as my attorney.
不过我不要德里克做我的律师
I want you.
你来做
Me?
我?
No.
不是吧
You've been more up-front with me in the past 25 minutes
在过去的25分钟里 你对我的坦率程度
than any attorney I've dealt with.
超过任何我打过交道的律师
And I like the fact you won't betray your convictions.
我也很欣赏你不会背叛自己的政♥治♥信念
Think about it.
考虑一下吧
In the matter of The United States v. Specialist Randall Simmons,
关于美♥利♥坚♥合众国根据统一军法典第118条
on the charge of murder under Section 118
以谋杀罪名
of the Uniform Code of Military Justice,
诉技术兵西蒙斯一案
we the panel find the defendant...
我们全体陪审员裁定被告...
not guilty.
无罪
Thank you.
谢谢你
Dad, I'm free.
爸爸 我自♥由♥了
Hey, Alicia.
艾丽西娅
Congratulations.
祝贺你
He didn't do it, Cary.
他不是凶手 凯里
Captain Gauthier went AWOL.
戈捷上尉潜逃了
There's your suspect.
他才是你的嫌疑人
You know, your client, now that he's been found not guilty,
知道吗 你的当事人 由于被判无罪
it frees him up to serve out his commitment.
他可以去履行他的职责了
His...
他的...
His tour of duty.
他的海外服役职责
They're deploying him to Afghanistan.
他们要派他去阿富汗
Yes?
请进
You wanted me to look into Bond and Will,
你要我查一下邦德和威尔
see if there was any previous connection.
看他们之前有没有联♥系♥
Oh, yes. Don't worry about it.
是的 没事了
It's just the old boy's network reasserting itself, that's all.
不过是校友关系网的作用 仅此而已
So you don't want to know what I found out?
你不想知道我查到了什么吗
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表