I do believe that.
我确实是这么想的
And if you thought about all you've learned this last year,
如果你认真回忆一下去年你的所学到的
you'd believe it, too.
你也会持相同看法的
Edelstein moves into China, what does he do?
艾德斯坦进军中国准备做什么
What do you mean?
你的意思是
Does he turn over the names of more dissidents?
他会揭发更多的异见人士吗
It's the law.
法律就是法律
What fresh hell today?
今天又有什么消息
We thought having two more votes would get us over the top,
我们认为再多拉两张选票就能确保获胜
so we approached two of the senior citizens
所以我们联♥系♥到了两位年事已高的同僚
who were still on the logs as equity partners.
他们在记录上仍然是我们的股份合伙人
Okay, David. We get it. We get it.
好了 大卫 我们明白你的意思
No, I don't think you do.
我想你们不明白
You couldn't have scripted it better.
写剧本也写不出这么棒的
So what happened? Did one of them die?
那么后来怎么样了 是不是其中一个突然去世了
Yesterday.
就在昨天
All you need are jugglers, and we'll have a Roman farce.
你们再加个杂耍演员 简直可以演罗马闹剧了
No smoking! Go away!
这里不是吸烟区 走开
Anyway, I'm glad Mr. Lee finds this so entertaining.
不管怎么样 很高兴这事能给李先生带来欢乐
That just puts more pressure on you, Julius,
只不过你的担子更重了 朱利叶斯
to turn Fitzpatrick.
把费茨派崔克拉过来
Can you do it?
你能做到吗
All I can do is try.
我尽力而为
Oh, yes, please, do try.
好吧 你就好好尽力吧
So they think they're tied?
他们觉得现在跟我平手了?
Yes. With one of Stern's gang of three.
对 算上以前斯特恩三人帮的一个老头
The other two died.
另外俩人已经挂了
But your vote puts me over the top?
但是你的那票能让我柳暗花明?
Yes. If...
没错 只要...
I know.
我明白
Head of litigation.
诉讼部一把手
Congratulations.
恭喜你
You're our new head of litigation.
你现在是诉讼部的新主管了
Okay. Thank you, ma'am.
好的 谢谢您 女士
Ooh, that sounded good.
听上去是个好消息嘛
Childs had another nanny.
查尔兹还有一个保姆
For his grown kids.
给他家大孩子雇的
A Jamaican nanny.
一个牙买♥♥加保姆
A... I thought you said she was Swedish.
啥...你以前不是说那保姆是瑞典人吗
She was, but she had to go back to Sweden to--
是有个 但她有段时间回瑞典去
I don't know-- swim in a fjord or something.
我不清楚去干什么 可能游泳横穿峡湾之类
That's Norway. Thank you.
挪威才有峡湾 谢谢啊
So Childs needed another nanny
总之 当时查尔兹需要个新保姆
for three months over the summer,
帮他三个月 直到暑假结束
and he hired a Jamaican nanny illegally.
他就雇了个牙买♥♥加非法移♥民♥当保姆
I'll have to do polling.
那我得去做个民♥意♥调查
Wait. There's more.
等等 还没完呢
I wanted to seal the deal this time.
这次我为了保证万无一失
So I had someone hint to Childs
特意找人去提示了一下查尔兹
that we were pursuing the illegal nanny's identity,
说我们正在追查这个非法保姆的身份
and he took the bait, and led us right to her.
结果他自己上钩 暴露出了那个保姆
Childs tried to cover it up.
查尔兹试图掩盖着一切
You're kidding?
你说真的?
No. He tried to pay for the Jamaican nanny to leave the country.
对 他想花钱让保姆出国避风头
You have it all? Documented and certified.
你有证据吗 证明文件和签证都有
Do the polling. I'll do the polling.
去做民♥意♥调查 这就去
Oh, well, this is turning into tit for tat, isn't it?
这就针锋相对上了 对吗
Yup, and tat's up by one.
没错 而且我们领先一招
Ah, it was sweet of Shen Yuan and his wife to reunite.
申渊和他妻子能团聚真是太好了
Yes, isn't it?
谁说不是呢
Maybe we should go into couples therapy.
或许咱们该试试夫妻疗法
Well, I have one more name
我这里有个新人
that I'd like to add to our witness list.
要加到我们的证人名单里
Paul Houghton?
保罗·豪顿
Of the Bush administration?
当过小布♥什♥内阁成员的那位?
Yes.
没错
I wrote the memo to President George W. Bush,
我为乔治·W·布♥什♥总统写过备忘录
since referred to as the Houghton Working Memo.
后来也叫豪顿工作备忘录
It expressed the legal position
其中恰好有对这种行为法律地位的阐述
that certain aggressive interrogation techniques were not torture.
也就是说 某种特定的强制性审问不算酷刑
So what are you saying-- Shen Yuan was not tortured?
你什么意思 申渊没遭受酷刑吗
Well, I have no opinion on that.
我个人对此不予置评
I can tell you
我只能告诉你
the opinion of the Bush administration at the time.
当时布♥什♥内阁的官方意见
Oh, well, let's hear about that.
给我们讲讲吧
Shen Yuan was forced to stand in the stress position
申渊在监禁期间
during his captivity. Is this torture?
曾被强迫以极不正常的姿势站立 这算酷刑吗
Well, as long as there was no organ failure
只要没有脏器损伤
or serious impairment of body functions,
或者身体机能严重受损
then, in the opinion of the United States at the time, it was not.
那么以美♥利♥坚♥合众国当时的立场 不算酷刑
Well, Shen Yuan claims he was beaten and slapped.
申渊还说他被殴打及扇耳光
Is that torture?
这算酷刑吗
Again, if there was no organ failure
还是那句话 如果没有脏器损伤
or impairment of body function,
或者身体机能严重受损
then, in the opinion of the United States, it was not.
那么以美♥利♥坚♥合众国的立场 不算酷刑
The United States has since revoked your legal opinions,
美国政♥府♥已经不再承认你的法律意见
Mr. Houghton.
对吗 豪顿先生
Yes. January 2009.
对 从2009年1月开始
Oh, wow. That's too bad.
那真是太不巧了
Because Shen Yuan claims
因为申渊曾表示
that there was no such aggressive questioning after 2008.
自2008年以后 就没再遭遇过强制问询
So, it was the opinion of the United States
因此 在其遭受审讯的期间
that there was no torture at the time in question.
美国官方的立场是 不算酷刑
So, are you up for it?
你还在琢磨这事?
Convincing him to lie?
说服他去说谎?
There just needs to be the possibility
只要他2009年1月份之后
of torture after January 2009.
有受酷刑的可能就可以了
That's all. This is so bizarre.
就这样 这太荒谬了
We need him to be tortured during the Obama administration,
我们需要他在奥巴马执政期间被虐待
or we hobble our case?
否则我们的案子就难以为继?
And Edelstein's.
还有艾德斯坦的
Do you want us to put somebody else on it?
需要我们换个人接手吗
No.
不用
What do you think?
你怎么看
I think we're fine.
我觉得我们很顺利
I always liked this office.
我一直很喜欢这间办公室
Oh, you know, I used to have a dartboard over there.
你知道 我以前在那儿放了个镖靶
Could hit the bull's-eye from my chair.
从我的座位能射到靶心
I remember that.
我记得
In fact...
事实上...
I kept a remnant of you.
我还给你留着点东西呢
What's the game here, Peter?
你有何贵干啊 彼得
It's over.
该结束了
You're out of the race.
你的竞选结束了
Really? You have a gun?
真的吗 你带枪来的?
Almost as good.
差不多吧
See, Wendy could survive a nanny problem.
你看 温迪能在保姆门事件中勉强自保
She's likeable and she's a mother,
是因为她讨人喜欢 同时是名母亲
and she didn't try to cover it up.
并且她从没试图掩盖过此事
You did.
你不同
People can forgive a lot,
人们能原谅很多事
but they can't forgive a cover-up.
但是不可能原谅你的掩盖行为
What are you talking about?
你在说什么
You hired a nanny for a summer,
去年夏天你雇了个保姆
you paid her under the table,
你私下里偷偷雇的
and then when you heard that we were on her trail,
当你听说我们正在追查她
you tried to pay her to leave the country.
你还想花钱让她出国避风头
So, what, are you recording this?
那又怎样 你现在想录我的音吗
I don't have to record it.
没必要了
We recorded the payoff.
我们录下了你的交易过程
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表