And this kind of rumor, it could ruin us.
这种谣言会毁了我们的
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
I need to know soon.
尽快给我回音
I'll think about it.
我会考虑的
Nothing further, Your Honor.
没有问题了 法官大人
Mrs. Joyce...
乔伊斯夫人
first of all, let me just say how sorry I am for your loss.
首先 对您丈夫的去世我感到非常遗憾
I mean, my wife means everything to me.
我的妻子就是我的一切
And I... I can't imagine how you feel.
我无法想象你的感受
Unfortunately, this is a trial, so I have to ask you
遗憾的是 这是一场审判 因此我不得不...
some... tough questions.
问你一些尖锐的问题
Ask away.
问吧
Were you and your husband having marital difficulties?
你和丈夫之间是否存在婚姻危机
We'd had some issues, on and off,
我们的婚姻断断续续地有过问题
but we were working through them.
不过他生前我们正努力解决
In fact, you had an affair, is that right?
实际上 你出轨了 是吗
No. I was unfaithful to my husband once,
不对 我曾有一次对丈夫不忠
on a business trip.
是在出差途中
It was hardly an affair.
算不上出轨
But your husband, he knew?
你的丈夫知道了 对吗
Your Honor, i think we've ascertained the facts here.
法官大人 我想这些事实我们都已经弄清了
I'm inclined to agree. Mr. Canning.
我同意 坎宁先生
Of course, Your Honor,
好的 法官大人
I'm just trying to establish
我只是试着证明
that there could've been alternative causes
马丁·乔伊斯的自杀
for Martin Joyce's suicide.
可能有多种原因
My husband was depressed
我丈夫在公♥司♥受到了不良待遇
because of how they treated him at his job.
因此感到抑郁才自杀的
But he was depressed.
他本来就抑郁
Did he seek treatment?
他有寻求治疗吗
Yes. He saw our doctor and a therapist.
是的 他去看了我们的医生和一个心理专家
And did those doctors prescribe any medications?
这些医生给他开了什么药吗
He prescribed a number of drugs.
医生给他开了很多药
Escitalopram, uh, Bupropion.
依他普仑 安非他酮
None of them seemed to help.
似乎都没作用
What about Elvatyl?
他有服用艾哇泰吗
Did he prescribe a drug called Elvatyl?
医生有没有给他开艾哇泰
Yes.
有
Mrs. Joyce, are you aware of the side effects of Elvatyl?
乔伊斯夫人 您了解艾哇泰的副作用吗
Objection, Your Honor.
反对 法官大人
Okay, deep breath.
好的 深吸一口气平静下
This is a complete conflict of interest, Your Honor.
这是严重的利害冲突 法官大人
Mr. Canning defended the makers of Elvatyl
就在去年 坎宁先生代表艾哇泰的制♥造♥者
just last year in a lawsuit against us.
和我们对簿公堂
And now he intends to pin Mr. Joyce's suicide
而现在他想把乔伊斯先生的死
on the side effects of his former client's product?
归咎于他之前客户产品的副作用?
Actually, that company no longer exists, Your Honor.
法官大人 这家公♥司♥实际上已经不存在了
The rights to the name Elvatyl were sold to a new company,
艾哇泰这个商标已经卖♥♥给了一家新公♥司♥
and I owe them no duty.
我对他们并不负有责任
And what evidence do you intend to present? Uh...
你想提交什么证据
It's a video showing how
是一段视频
Elvatyl results in violent and suicidal behavior.
能证明艾哇泰会导致暴♥力♥和自杀行为
Now, as you'll see...
如您所见
Your Honor, last year we
法官大人 就在去年
had exactly the same... We had this very...
我们用的就是这段视频
Okay, okay, one at a time.
好 好 一个一个说
This is our exhibit, Your Honor.
这是我们的证物 法官大人
We used it last year
去年我们控告坎宁先生的当事人时
in a lawsuit against Mr. Canning's client.
用的正是这段视频
That's why they should have no objection to me using it
正是如此 他们对我使用这段视频不该有异议
for the same purpose,
我要证明的是同一点
to show that Elvatyl causes suicidal thoughts.
就是艾哇泰会导致自杀的想法
This is outrageous, Your Honor.
这太过分了 法官大人
My goodness.
天啊
They're really going at it, aren't they?
它们还真是狂暴 不是吗
Look, I got another hour here.
我又有工作要做了
I just want to talk, that's all.
我只是想谈谈
So give me a call when you get this.
收到这段信息的话请给打我电♥话♥
We still have the other two employees who committed suicide
我们还有两个自杀的员工
who weren't taking Elvatyl.
他们没有服用艾哇泰
It's odd about Stern, isn't it?
斯特恩的事真够离奇 不是吗
It was so sudden.
太突然了
Yeah. I saw him the day before.
是啊 就前一天我还看见他来着
He seemed normal.
他看起来很正常
Tammy?
塔米吗
Yes.
对
She talked to me the other day.
那天才和她聊过
Here.
就在这里
Her sister told her I was the reason you broke up with her.
她姐姐跟她说你和她分手是为了我
I told Tammy
我告诉塔米
there was nothing anymore.
我们之间已经没有什么了
Whatever was between us back then.
不管以前有什么纠葛
Thank you. It's complicated.
谢谢你 这很复杂
I know.
我懂
Everything is.
所有事都一样
Okay, who's Karen?
凯伦是谁
Karen who?
哪个凯伦
Is there anybody here
这里有人
who thinks Marty is good at his job?
认为马蒂工作干的很棒吗
Huh? Anybody?
有吗
Oh, come on, there must be somebody. Madelyn?
拜托 总有人支持他吧 麦德林
Phil? What about you, Karen?
菲尔 你呢 凯伦
The other names joined our class action.
提到的另外两人都参与了集体诉讼
Who's Karen?
凯伦是谁
Karen Jennings.
凯伦·詹宁斯
She worked in the benefits department,
她是公♥司♥福利部的
and she was a friend of Martin Joyce's.
也是马丁·乔伊斯的朋友
She didn't want to join the class.
她不愿加入集体诉讼
Why not?
为何不呢
Thank you.
谢谢
Five minutes.
就五分钟
The key with Petra is to keep cool.
对付佩拉得保持冷静才行
She'll try to get a rise out of you.
她会想方设法让你情绪激动
Petra.
佩拉
Yes, Ms. Moritz, it's Alicia Florrick.
莫里兹女士 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克
Ah, right on time. I appreciate that.
很准时 非常感谢
I'm here, too, Petra.
我也听着呢 佩拉
You have five minutes.
你有五分钟时间
Oh, Eli. Like a guardian angel.
伊莱 你可真是个守护神
I better get started, then.
那赶紧进入正题吧
So, Mrs. Florrick, your husband cheated on you
福瑞克夫人 你丈夫此前背叛过你
with a prostitute named Amber Madison.
与一名名叫安贝儿·麦迪逊的妓♥女♥私通
Are you aware of any other infidelities?
除此之外还有其他私通事件吗
No.
没
Specifically someone from his past.
尤其是与他过去相交的人
Maybe someone that he worked with,
有没有某个工作同僚
or someone you both knew socially?
或者你们在社交场合共同认识的人
No.
没有
Because you're aware that a source has approached me
请你明白我现已得到一个
with what are claimed to be substantiated
确切的消息表明
allegations of sexual conduct?
还有其他类似事件的存在
Mr. Gold informed me of this.
这点戈德先生已经告诉我了
I think the closer we get to an election,
我认为越是大选将近的时候
the more the rumor-mongering turns less into a sport
造谣这种事就越发偏离本性
and more into a strategy.
而成为一种策略
Uh... tell me what you mean by that.
请解释下你这句话的意思
Voters are often moved by last-minute rumors
临近选期的谣言总能让选民在最后一刻改选
because there is no adequate time to refute them,
因为没有足够的时间来证实谣言的真实性
and so that's why they become part of a strategy
正因如此 这种攻击对手的手段
to hurt your opponent.
已成为竞选策略的一部分
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表