Free Wi-Fi.
免费无线上网
Hey, big-time FBI lady.
一流的联邦女探员
I'll meet you at the car. All right.
我们车里见吧 好的
Kalinda, I've missed you.
凯琳达 我很惦记你
How are you?
你好吗
Good.
很好
Have you missed me?
你惦记过我吗
At times.
有时会
Look, um, I need something.
我想要一些东西
Of course you do.
你当然想
Do you know Blake Calamar?
知道布莱克·卡拉马尔吗
He used to work for MS-13.
他曾效力于黑帮团伙
I don't know that name, but I do know MS-13.
我不知道名字 但知道黑帮团伙
And?
还有呢
No, no, no, no, no.
不 不 不
What happened to the preliminaries, Kalinda?
开场白怎么这样 凯琳达
A girl likes to be wined and dined first.
一个姑娘总喜欢先受到热情款待
How's work?
工作如何
Okay, MS-13 is growing.
好吧 黑帮团伙在壮大
Now, a meth gang is like a shark.
毒品黑帮是条鲨鱼
It has to keep moving, or it dies.
要是不游动 就死定了
And from what I hear, it's moving to Chicago.
据我听说 他们转移到芝加哥了
Joining forces with a local gang.
和当地黑帮强强联合
A entrepreneur that you might know.
主事人你可能认识
Who?
谁
Lemond Bishop?
莱蒙德·毕夏普
Look, maybe we can help each other.
瞧 或许我们可以互相帮助
What are you doing for dinner this Friday?
这周五晚餐你有什么安排
Eating with you.
和你吃饭
No, you... you know what I find funny?
不 你 你知道我感到很可笑么
That you're suing me, Mr. Edelstein.
你为什么起诉我 艾德斯坦先生
I mean, why not the director?
我是说 为什么不是导演
Oh, yes.
是的
That's when you know
那是当你知道
"A film by" credit is a lie.
"由谁谁是导演"是个谎言的时候
When there is a lawsuit.
当有诉讼的时候
Do you want that on the record?
你想要记录在案吗
Sure.
当然
Let's get everything in the record.
把每件事都记录下来
I'm Rand Blaylock. I'm the writer.
我叫兰德·拜洛克 我是编剧
I had chicken salad for lunch.
中午吃的鸡丁沙拉
What research materials did you use for the scene
你用什么研究资料作为我的客户
of my client breaking up with his girlfriend, Mr. Blaylock?
和他女友分手的场景 拜洛克先生
What research materials? These.
什么研究资料? 是这些
Your imagination? Yes.
你的想象力? 是的
If that's not a dirty word here.
如果在这里不算是脏话
Far from it. So you made it up?
远非如此 所以是你虚构的?
Yes, I did what writers have done since Aristophanes.
是 从阿里斯托芬时代起就是想象力在创作
I made up a scene
我虚构了一个场景
in which Mr. Edelstein breaks up with his girlfriend,
艾德斯坦先生和他女朋友分手
because I felt that it conveyed the truth of a character.
因为我觉得那样才能表达角色的真实性
Truth of a character. What-What do you mean by that?
角色的真实性 那是什么意思
I think he is speaking artistically.
我认为他是从艺术的角度说的
I know. They're trying to use my artistic words against me.
我知道 他们想用我的艺术语言攻击我
Don't worry. I will be circumspect.
别担心 我会谨慎的
Truth of a character means more than just factual truth.
角色的真实性意思不仅局限于事实真理
It means, who is this person?
意味着 这个人是谁
How do they fit into a narrative?
他们如何融进故事的叙述中
What do you mean, narrative?
故事的叙述是什么意思
I mean that I am trying to tell a story,
我是说我要讲故事
and I need a character to help me tell that story.
需要角色帮我完成这个故事
And what was the story you were trying to tell here?
你试图讲的是什么故事呢
The story of the Internet, this age we're in.
因特网的故事 我们所处的时代
Where people just criticize each other anonymously.
人们匿名评论彼此的因特网
Where all these tiny little loners
那些小小的孤独者
in their tiny little rooms order out for pizza
在他们小小的房♥间里要外卖♥♥批萨
and just flame at each other all the time.
没完没了地相互攻讦
Or when those same loners blog about your drug use?
是不是那些孤独者的博客说你吸毒了?
Yes, I'm guilty, lawyer-man.
是的 我有罪 律师先生
You found it. Malice.
被你发现了 存在恶意
This whole movie-- it was just my attempt
整部电影 都只是我企图
at getting back at the Internet.
报复因特网
Take that, Internet!
受死吧 因特网
You wanted Mr. Edelstein's character in the movie
通过艾德斯坦先生在电影里的角色
to show that the internet was alienating people?
你是想要展现因特网在疏远人际关系?
Not just that, but, yes, that.
不仅是那样 不过 是那样
So it didn't really matter what Mr. Edelstein's
所以艾德斯坦本人是什么样的
real character was?
真的没关系
He didn't say that.
他没那么说
Nor do I think that. Oh, I have a legal obligation, Counselor.
我也没这么想 我有法律义务 律师
But, yes, there's nothing wrong with having
不过 是的 角色服务于主题
a character express theme.
并没有任何错
The First Amendment protects me
第一修正案让我有权
from your stupid, dumb-ass questions.
不回答你愚蠢糟糕透顶的问题
Ah, shall we all take a little break?
我们能休息一下吗
No, I know what he wants me to say, Burl.
不 我知道他想让我说什么 伯尔
Here, I'm gonna say it.
在这里我要说
I don't give a rat's ass about facts.
我一点也不关心事实
I give more than a rat's ass--
我更在意的是
in fact, every breath I breathe-- about truth.
无时无刻不在意的是 真理
Shakespeare's truth, Tolstoy's truth.
莎士比亚式的真理 托尔斯泰式的真理
Not this legal mumbo-jumbo.
不是法律的不知所云
That's just the graffiti on a Roman temple.
那就好像罗马庙宇上的涂鸦
Forgotten in a year.
一年后就会被遗忘
But there was no malice, right?
不过你没有恶意 对吗
There was no malice. None.
没有恶意 完全没有
You wanted to get back at bloggers
那些博主们匿名批评你吸毒
who anonymously criticized you for your drug use
为了报复他们
by ascribing those supposed characteristics
你把他们的缺点
of those same bloggers to Mr. Edelstein,
强加于艾德斯坦先生
but there was no malice?
这还算是没有恶意?
That's right. And you know what?
没错 你知道吗
God bless America. I'm free to do that.
上帝保佑美国 我有自♥由♥那么做
And you know what else, Mr. Atticus Finch?
知道么 阿提克斯·芬奇先生
You do the same thing.
你可以以牙还牙
You write your own movie,
你写属于自己的电影
making fun of me, my drug use,
拿我开涮 说我吸毒
and then go get Mr. Edelstein to finance it.
然后让艾德斯坦先生投资拍摄
What? Nothing further.
怎么 没有问题了
What? Are you gonna go finance your own movie?
怎么 你会负担自己的电影经费吗
We've been going after the wrong thing.
我们跟错线了
Defamation?
诽谤吗
Yes. It's unwinnable.
是的 赢不了
So why are we going after something that's unwinnable?
我们为何要跟赢不了的线呢
What's winnable?
哪条线能赢
Diane and I have decided to change the strategy
我和戴安决定改变策略
and go after something winnable.
跟条能赢的线
Right of publicity?
形象权吗
Yeah, we've been going after the wrong thing.
是的 我们跟错线了
We can't win defamation.
诽谤赢不了的
That's about intent.
是有关意图的
We don't need intent to prove the studio infringed
我们不需要意图证明电影厂
on Edelstein's right of publicity.
侵犯了艾德斯坦的形象权
Why is that?
为什么呢
Sorry. That's Owen.
抱歉 是欧文
Oh, hello, Owen.
你好 欧文
Sorry to take your sister away.
抱歉占用了你姐姐
Oh, don't worry.
别担心
I don't think she minds being taken away.
我认为她不介意被占用
I'm going now.
我马上走
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表