But as we all know, the weather
但我们都知道
along the shore last night was unseasonably cold.
昨晚海边的天气异常寒冷
Mr. Bay was doing nothing more than what any of us would do,
贝伊先生的所为和我们其他人无异
which was warming his shivering,
把手插♥进♥口袋
and therefore, shaking hands in his pockets.
温暖他那冷得发抖的手
Let this one go, Counselor.
结案 律师
Time served.
候审时间折抵刑期
Next!
下一个
You're welcome.
不客气
You could make a lot of money at a big firm.
你可以找个大律所挣很多的钱
Why? When I meet so many interesting people here.
何必呢 这里有这么多有意思的人
Everything's fine.
什么事都没有
I didn't talk to anybody.
我没跟任何人讲
I didn't tell anybody your secrets.
我没告诉任何人你的秘密
And if this guy approaches me... Blake.
如果那个人为此找到我 叫布莱克
I won't tell him how heartless you can be,
我也不会告诉他你有多无情
how insensitive,
有多麻木不仁
how self-preservation is your number one concern,
如何地把自我保护作为头等大事
and after four months,
4个月过去了
you can barely say hello.
你连问声好都没有
I won't tell him any of that, okay?
这些我都不会告诉他 可以了吧
My sense is, we got the jury we wanted,
我感觉 我们找到了期望中的陪审团
but the...
但是
handicap of the opposing counsel has undercut
对方律师的身体缺陷
my earlier assumptions.
让我的预想落空了
Meaning? He's coopted our jury.
什么意思 陪审团被他攥在手心了
I don't get it.
我没明白
He's... handicapped?
他有残疾?
And he's using it.
而且还利用了这点
He's making the pharmaceutical company look like the good guy.
他让制药公♥司♥看起来像好人
But the medical testimony will prove otherwise.
但医学证据可以驳斥这点
We still have a slam-dunk here.
我们胜算仍然很大
Yeah, we're acting like we're the ones on the run here.
但我们现在表现得好像自己理亏
Talk to the doctors,
跟医生们谈谈
get them ready for some tough cross.
做好演练 准备对付棘手的交叉盘问
I'm trying to figure out...
我在想...
how to broach this one.
该怎么开口
Okay.
好吧
Why don't you give me a subject line?
你先给一句内容梗概行吗
Grace, your daughter.
格蕾丝 你的女儿
She attended a Wendy Scott-Carr speech,
她去听温迪·斯科特-卡尔的演讲了
and spoke out for her.
还为她说话
We have it on tape.
而且被录下来了
But not for public consumption.
不过是非公开的录像
One of our trackers caught it.
我们的一位"跟踪者"拍到的
One of our trackers?
我们的"跟踪者"?
Yes. I have to keeps tabs.
是的 我也得监视对手
Well, what did she say?
她说了什么
Oh, Wendy's makes so much sense.
温迪很让人信服
How there's so much corruption here.
还说 这里腐♥败♥活动多么猖獗
I think she meant Chicago.
我想她是指芝加哥
How much she likes her. I'm paraphrasing, but succinctly.
还说了她多么喜欢她 差不多就是这个意思
Okay, I will talk to her.
我会找她谈谈的
Thank you.
谢谢
And I'm sorry to have to bring this to you.
很抱歉给你添麻烦了
I promise, next time, I'll bring something good.
我保证 下次一定给你带些好消息
Elvatyl is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.
艾哇泰 是选择性5-羟色胺再摄取抑制剂
And this is the antidepressant drug manufactured by the defendant?
这就是被告生产的抗抑郁药吗
Yes.
是的
It controls depression by stopping the brain
它通过阻止大脑再摄取5-羟色胺
from reabsorbing serotonin.
来控制抑郁情绪
I see. Now, let me ask you this.
明白了 现在容我向你求证一下
In your latest clinical trial,
在最近的临床试验中
you found that people taking Elvatyl were three times as likely...
你发现服用艾哇泰的人 自杀倾向三倍于...
Sorry.
抱歉
They were three times as likely to commit suicide
他们的自杀倾向三倍于
as those taking sugar pills.
服用糖片之人
Is that correct? Yes, it is.
我说的对吗 没错
Uh, it appears that the serotonin transporter gene 5-HTT
研究表明 运送5-羟色胺的基因5-HTT
increases the synaptic serotonin levels.
增加了突触血清素水平
And how would you describe that in layman's term?
能用非专业术语解释一下吗
In layman's terms?
非专业术语?
Well, as a threshold matter,
那就从这里说起吧
the mechanism for SSRI inhibition
对于SSRI抑制剂的运作机理
is poorly understood.
人们理解得不够
Think of it as a train switchyard,
大家可以把它想象成火车道岔区
and the SSRI is the conductor,
SSRI抑制剂就是列车长
with the track the absorption rate,
摄取率就是轨道
and the 5-HTT gene as the coal.
5-HTT就是煤块
Thank you. No further questions.
谢谢 没有问题了
Mr. Canning.
坎宁先生
Thank you.
谢谢
Doctor...
医生
talk to me about sex.
跟我谈谈性
About sex? Yeah.
性? 是的
This stuff you're talking about-- this, uh, SSRL...
那东西你管它叫什么来着 SSRL
SSRI. "I."
是SSRI I
Um, how does it affect a person's sex life?
它会对人的性生活产生什么影响
Well, I'm not sure I understand the question.
我没太理解你的问题
Well, if... for example, if there were feelings of jealousy,
举个例子 如果人们有嫉妒的感觉
this drug would intensify them, correct?
这种药会加强这种感觉 对吗
Yes, I suppose so.
我想是的
But it couldn't create jealousy out of nowhere.
但它无法凭空让人产生嫉妒的情绪
I mean, there would have to be a reason
我的意思是 这种嫉妒情绪的存在
for such jealousy to exist.
一定有它的原因
Objection. Beyond the scope. Sustained.
反对 超出范围 反对有效
Guess we can dodge that question for the moment.
我早晚还要提出这个问题的
All right, Doctor.
好吧 医生
Getting back to SSRL's effect on a person's sex life...
回到SSRL对性生活影响的问题上来...
Get lost.
消失
So what is it?
说吧
The abortion?
发现堕胎了?
No.
不是
But I know why she was going to the doctor.
但我知道她为什么去看医生了
Breast augmentation.
隆乳术
You're kidding me. No.
逗我呢 没
Four visits over two months.
2个月去了4趟
So Mother Teresa got breast implants.
新时代的"特瑞萨修女"去隆胸哈
Does that humanize her or not?
这让她更有人格魅力还是怎么的
I would say not.
我看恰恰相反
I would say you're right.
我表示同意
She cares about the poor, and yet...
她关心穷♥人♥ 但同时...
How much did she spend?
她为这花了多少钱
Over two months...
2个月下来
$19,000.
花了1.9万
It's Clinton's haircut.
能和克♥林♥顿♥理发媲美了
No, it's better than Clinton's haircut.
不 比那个还厉害
And yet...
但是
What? The candidate.
怎么了 彼得
He won't go there.
他不会利用这个
Since when did you care where the candidate wanted to go?
你什么时候开始关心候选人愿意怎么做了
Give me that.
给我
What do you want, Eli?
什么事 伊莱
You can just go to hell.
你可以去死了
Uh-huh. And what have I done now?
我又怎么惹到你了
That was ours. Go find your own.
这料是我们的 你自己找料去
Eli, you're blathering.
伊莱 你在胡说些什么
I'm just warning you-- stay the hell away!
我只是警告你 滚远点
Okay, I'm going now.
好的 拜拜了您的
What does that do?
这是干什么
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表