Don't worry, if they're bringing in New York,
别担心 如果他们打纽约牌
we need to play up our recognizability in Chicago.
咱们就利用艾丽西娅在本地的知名度
The New Yorkers will object, but let them.
那帮纽约人会反对 由他们去
They'll look like killjoys.
他们会很煞风景的
Diane, um... I just need a minute.
戴安 我要缓一下
And a cup of coffee.
还要喝杯咖啡
Okay. Don't be late.
没问题 别迟到哈
You'll be good.
你能行的
$30 to 40 million--
三四千万美元啊
this could turn everything around for the firm.
能带给律所翻天覆地的变化
Not to put too much pressure on you.
不过你别有太大压力哦
Can I have a regular coffee, please.
来一杯普通咖啡
Thank you.
谢谢
Oh, thank you.
多谢
Doors are heavy.
门很重
Yeah.
嗯
What?
怎么了
Oh. My bus pass.
我的公交套票
I must have dropped it.
一定是掉在哪儿了
I keep my ID with it.
我把它和证件放一起的
I must have dropped it by the coffee cart.
一定是掉在咖啡车那里了
Would you mind?
你介意帮我找下吗
Yeah. Sure.
好 没问题
By the coffee cart?
咖啡车那里?
Yeah, I think... I mean, I was by the bench for a minute,
其实 我在长椅那儿呆了会儿
but I think it's by the coffee cart.
但我想是掉在咖啡车那里了
Thank you so much.
非常感谢
What are we waiting on, Ms. Lockhart?
我们在等什么呢 洛克哈特女士
Uh, my co-counsel is just outside, Your Honor.
法官阁下 我的协理律师就在外面
She is handling voir dire
她负责陪审员审查环节
and she should be here any moment.
她应该马上就到了
Is the defense ready for voir dire?
被告律师准备好审查陪审员了吗
Certainly, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
Then let's go.
那就开始吧
Mr. Canning.
坎宁先生
Good morning.
早上好
First of all, I want to thank you for your service.
首先 我要感谢你们担任陪审员
And I probably need to explain a few things.
我可能需要解释几件事
What were you doing?
你干什么去了
I'm sorry. There was a...
抱歉 有个人...
Good morning, Mrs. Florrick.
福瑞克夫人 早上好
I hope you don't mind we, uh, started without you.
你还没来我们就开始了 希望你别介意
Now, uh, before I ask you just a few questions,
在我向你们提问之前
I- I think I probably owe you an explanation.
恐怕有必要给你们解释一下
I suffer from a condition, tardive dyskinesia.
我患有"迟发性运动障碍"
Which is really, it's just a funny word
对于一个神经性疾病来说
for a neurological disorder.
这名字很滑稽
And it makes me do this...
它会让我这样...
And... this. And...
这样 还有
But, uh...
但是
if you just look at me long enough, you get used to it.
不过你们看久了 就会习惯了
So, um... you know, feel free to look, and I-I won't mind.
所以 你们随便看 我不介意
Now the good news is... these pills.
而好消息是 这些药片
I- I, um, take these every few hours,
我每几个小时服用一次
and- and they don't make the symptoms disappear completely,
虽然并没有使我的症状完全消失
but they do diminish...
但确实减轻了病症
Objection.
反对
Approach the bench.
上前一步说话
Your Honor, defense counsel is using voir dire to argue his case.
被告律师在利用审查陪审员之机进行答辩
You'll have to explain that to me.
你的意思我不明白
This whole case hinges on a drug--
整个案子的关键就在于药品
whether in fact an antidepressant drug your client manufactured
争点就在于 你委托人生产的抗抑郁药
made people want to kill themselves.
是否会让人产生自杀倾向
Your Honor, I'm simply trying to make sure
法官阁下 我只是为了确保
that my symptoms won't be a distraction.
我的这些症状不会让陪审团分神
Part of my voir dire is to discover who will have problems
我对陪审团的审查内容之一
with my condition, and who will not.
就是看看是否有谁介意我这种情况
Makes sense to me, Mrs. Florrick.
我觉得说得有理 福瑞克夫人
Overruled.
反对无效
As I was saying, I don't want my symptoms to be a distraction,
如我所说 我希望我的症状不要影响你们
but I have to tell you that they do intensify
但我不得不告诉你们 当我困惑时
when I become perplexed,
这些症状就会加剧
and I'm-I'm just, I'm really transparent that way.
所以 你们从我动作 就能看穿我内心啦
So, for example, I don't want you to be distracted
比如 我不希望原告律师询问证人时
when my opponents are questioning...
加剧的症状让你们分神
Objection.
反对
So, are we going to have a trial at some point?
我们到底要不要审这个案子
Your Honor, Mr. Canning is trying, yet again, to taint this jury.
法官阁下 坎宁先生再次试图影响陪审团
How? I was helping you this time.
怎么会 我这么说是在帮你
I just don't want my movements to be a distraction.
我只是不希望我的动作让他们分神
No, sir, you were guaranteeing that the jury
不 你这是为了确保 在听取证词时
will be watching you throughout our testimony to see how you react.
陪审团会一直盯着你 看你的反应
My God, the cynicism here is breathtaking.
天啊 这种不信任真让人伤心
Have you thought maybe you might have a problem with disabled people?
你有意识到 也许你对残疾人有偏见吗
Your Honor!
法官阁下
All right, all right. Mr. Canning,
好了好了 坎宁先生
let's try to keep the pained outrage to a minimum here.
尽量把你的愤慨情绪降到最小
I'm sorry, Your Honor. It's just a sore point with me.
抱歉 法官阁下 真是直击我痛处
Mrs. Florrick, I understand your point,
福瑞克夫人 我能理解你的观点
but I think Mr. Canning needs to inoculate the jury to his...
但我认为坎宁先生有必要向陪审团说明...
What is the proper word?
该用什么词合适
Condition.
特殊情况
Condition.
特殊情况
So again, overruled.
所以 再次驳回
Did you have any luck finding my bus pass?
你有幸找到我的公交套票了没
'Cause my driver might need it if the limo won't start.
若轿车启动不了 我的司机可能需要
Okay, we just turned into Goliath.
敢情咱们才是狰狞的歌♥利亚
Hey, Johnny, you got a fast one?
约翰 有快点儿的案子吗
I need to get out of here by 3:00.
我3点就得走了
Thanks. Oh, yeah. Of course it's the dog.
谢谢 对呀 就是狗的事儿
As usual...
跟平常一样
Hey, Donna.
唐娜
What's up?
怎么样
You're talking to somebody.
你跟某人说过一些事
I'm talking to somebody?
我跟某人说过一些事?
I'm talking to a lot of people.
我跟很多人说过事
Somebody from my office.
是我们律所的某个人
An investigator named Blake?
一个叫布莱克的调查员
"Indecent exposure. Public masturbation."
"露阴罪 公开手♥淫♥"
Look. I need you to stop talking.
我希望你不要到处乱讲
Kalinda. Four months,
凯琳达 4个月没理我
and this is what you come to talk to me about?
来找我就为谈这个?
How are you? Oh, yeah.
你好吗 呵呵
Humanitarian of the Year.
您真是年度人道主义者
Mr. Bay. Are any of you Mr. Bay?
贝伊先生 贝伊先生在这里吗
Mr. Bay? I'm Donna.
贝伊先生 我叫唐娜
I'm from the Public Defender's Office.
我来自公设辩护人办公室
I'm here to defend you on charges of indecency,
你被指控在公园里手♥淫♥ 有伤风化
masturbating in a public park.
我是你的辩护律师
Do you understand what I'm saying to you?
我说的你都听懂了吗
Are you masturbating right now?
你现在就在手♥淫♥吗
Don't do that.
别这样
Get your hands out of your pockets, don't say a word.
把手从口袋里拿出来 什么都别说
Who do you have for us today, Ms. Seabrook?
西布鲁克女士 今天又是为谁辩护
An innocent man, Your Honor.
法官阁下 一位无辜的人
I'm sure.
我想也是
Mr. Raymond Bay, an upstanding citizen,
雷蒙德·贝伊先生 一位正直的市民
who was arrested in Berger Park with his hands in his pockets,
因双手插在口袋中 在伯格公园被捕
supposedly making, as the arrest report states,
逮捕报告称 推测其在进行
"The motions of masturbation."
"手♥淫♥动作"
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表