Previously on The Good Wife
《傲骨贤妻》前情提要
This is Derrick's in-house investigator, Blake, from D.C.
这是德里克的内勤调查员布莱克 来自华盛顿
You a friend of Leela's?
你是利拉的朋友?
I'm a who?
你说谁
Um, sorry. Kalinda's.
抱歉 我是指凯琳达
Whatever games you're playing,
天知道你在跟凯琳达搞什么名堂
you play with her. I'm too busy, okay?
但我很忙 别牵扯我 行不
You know there was something weird about that case,
那案子有些蹊跷的地方
that something got buried. Pitted.
有些东西被掩盖了 埋没了
Evidence. Or testimony.
证据 或证词
Mr. Childs, you were under intense pressure
查尔兹先生 你当时面临巨大压力
to convict someone for the Northbrook killings, weren't you?
需要尽快找到北溪案的凶手并定罪 是吗
It's my job to prosecute criminals, so there's always pressure.
我的职责就是检控犯罪分子 压力一直都有
Mr. Childs, you were under intense pressure
查尔兹先生 你当时面临巨大压力
to convict someone for the Northbrook killings, weren't you?
需要尽快找到北溪案的凶手并定罪 是吗
It's my job to prosecute criminals.
我的职责就是检控犯罪分子
There's always pressure.
压力一直都有
Did you give an interview on June 11th,
你是否在6月11日接受采访时承诺
promising "Swift accountability and justice" For the sniper?
将会迅速公正地惩治狙击手?
I don't recall.
我记不清了
Chicago Tribune, op-ed: "Chicagoans need not fear,
芝加哥论♥坛♥报 专栏版面
this case will be solved by the end of the month"?
"芝加哥民众无需恐惧 本案将在月底前搞定""
And it was.
我兑现了诺言
Even if corners were cut? They were not.
即便是通过走捷径? 没有走捷径
You may not have been aware they were.
或许是你不知情
This is my department.
我负责这个部门
I have to be aware of everything. And I am.
我得事事知晓 而且也确实如此
You had Wyatt Stevens arrested?
你们逮捕了怀亚特·史蒂文斯?
Wyatt Stevens was arrested because Wyatt Stevens was guilty.
他被捕 是因为他有罪
You stand by the prosecution of Wyatt Stevens.
也就是说 你支持对怀亚特的控告?
I stand by every prosecution this office has taken on in my tenure.
我支持在我任期内的所有控诉
Unlike earlier holders of my office,
与我的前任不同的是
I do not prosecute without a good faith belief
只有达到预期可予定罪标准
that the defendant is guilty.
我才会提出控诉
I think you're right. Go with "Unfair prejudice."
我觉得你是对的 就用"不公平偏见"
My co-counsel wants to go with
但我的协理律师想主张
prejudice and cumulative evidence.
偏见和赘余补强证据
No, no, no, no, not with Judge Hale.
不不不 别跟哈尔法官这么干
She hates a fire hose defense.
她最讨厌漫天撒网式答辩
But this is good.
这句不错
"Prejudice as policy." that's a very nice turn of phrase.
"偏见成为策略" 这词造得好
Thank you.
谢谢
You might use Trent v. Paddock.
你可以引用特伦特诉帕多克的判例
It's a good 403 separation.
那是适用证据规则403条的典型案例
Okay. I'll look into it.
好的 我看看
What's up, Eli?
什么事 伊莱
Alicia, don't leave yet.
艾丽西娅 先别走
I'm late for work. Just wait a second, Eli.
我要迟到了 稍等 伊莱
Um, the settlement in the, in the sniper case, the Northbrook sniper?
北溪狙击手案的那个和解
Did... did you depose Childs?
你对查尔兹进行庭外取证了?
Um... Peter, I can't. I'm under a gag order.
我不能说 得遵守封口令
I can't say anything.
什么都不能说
Is it bad?
情况很糟吗
So am I supposed to worry they're still asking for $8 million?
我是不是该发愁他们还会索赔800万?
Yep.
没错
Javier, you wouldn't be happy unless you had something to worry about.
哈维尔 你有的愁才会开心点
Look, we've got a good judge, a good motion,
咱有个好法官 有个不错的审前动议
and we succeeded in combining our defenses,
还很好地把答辩词统一了起来
so we can't be used against each other. Okay.
这样我们就不会自相矛盾 好吧
I just... this is getting to me.
我就是越来越焦躁
Once more into the breach, eh? Yep.
咱再来试一次? 嗯
I'd like to argue the unfair prejudice motion, Andre.
我想提"不公平偏见" 安德烈
Certainly. And I'll take cumulative.
没问题 那么我来提"赘余补强证据"
Actually, I was thinking we'd be stronger with just one.
但我觉得 只提一项主张更有利
Judge Hale doesn't like a fire hose defense.
哈尔法官不喜欢漫天撒网式答辩
Really. And how do we know that?
是吗 何以见得呢
All rise.
全体起立
Good morning.
早上好
Judge Hale has been called away for a family emergency,
哈尔法官家里有急事来不了
so I will be presiding.
所以本案由我主审
We'll be hearing pretrial motions today?
咱今天是要进行审前动议吧?
That's right, Your Honor.
是的 法官阁下
And if I may say so, welcome aboard.
不知这么说是否合适 欢迎您
Well, thank you, Mr. Deerfield.
谢谢 迪菲尔德先生
We got you out of the lecture room, I see.
你居然走出课堂来法庭了哦
Only to argue a case I believe in.
是为了主持公道
And yet I seem to see you're outnumbered today.
不过似乎敌众你寡哦
Yes, yes. I do feel a bit like David.
是啊是啊 我觉得自己好渺小呢
I think that's a bit of a stretch, Mr. Deerfield.
你这说法有点夸张哦 迪菲尔德先生
I found something to worry about.
我有的愁了
Chicago!
芝加哥
Move it, Chicago!
动起来 芝加哥
What happened to Hale?
哈尔怎么回事
Some family emergency. Do you know anything about Quinn?
说是家里有急事 你了解奎因吗
I'll see what I can get.
我会查查看
Can we get some medical attention down here?
这里需要急救
Pull her up!
把她拉起来
Your Honor, that is cell phone video
法官阁下 这个手♥机♥视频
of the death of five young concertgoers.
记录了5名年轻的音乐会参加者之死
It is essential evidence It is prejudicial evidence.
这是重要证据 这是偏见性证据
Well, how is it prejudicial?
怎么会呢
The families are suing two people.
死者家属起诉2个人
Jay Hawke, AKA D.J. Javier Berlin,
杰伊·浩克 又名哈维尔·柏林
for overselling his concert,
家属诉他音乐会超额售票
and Mr. Brownback's security firm
还要起诉布朗贝克的保安公♥司♥
for allowing too many people in.
因为现场放进了太多人
At the very minimum, this video shows an oversold concert.
至少 这个视频证明了音乐会超额售票
No, at the very minimum, it shows a selectively edited,
不 这是一个选择性剪辑
highly prejudicial video intended to inflame the jury.
极具偏见性 试图误导陪审团的视频
Counselor... what are you wearing?
律师 你穿的是什么
Your Honor? What are you wearing?
法官阁下? 我问你穿的是什么
What... what are those clothes?
这是什么衣服
I think they're Ralph Lauren.
是拉夫·劳伦牌的
Yes, thank you. No, I mean... your pants.
谢谢 我是指你的裤子
You're... you're wearing pants.
你穿了裤子
Yes... It's a pantsuit. I see that.
对... 这是套装 我知道
In my courtroom, I require the male lawyers to wear ties,
我的法庭 要求男性律师打领带
and the female lawyers, skirts.
女性律师穿裙子
Am I making myself clear?
听懂了吗
I can't believe it. Does he do this in every court?
真难以置信 他每次庭审都这样吗
He can't do this to every female lawyer.
他不可能对每个女性律师都这样
My guess is you're right. So why me? What did I do?
你恐怕说对了 那干嘛针对我 我怎么了
You're being taxed.
他在刁难你
Why? The Childs deposition.
为什么 查尔兹的庭外取证
What's going on? Peter mentioned that, too.
怎么搞的 彼得也提到过
It was in McGowan's column this morning. The deposition? How?
今早麦高恩的专栏提到了 怎么回事
It was leaked.
泄露了
And they think I leaked it.
他们认为是我泄露的
To hurt Childs and help Peter.
为了打♥压♥查尔兹 帮助彼得
That's the spin in the column.
那篇专栏就是这种倾向
Look, you're his wife, one of the only few people in the room...
你是他老婆 当时没几人在场 你是其中之一
We didn't win a single motion.
我们审前动议一败涂地
I'm meeting with our co-counsel now to rethink strategy.
我会和协理律师研究个新的策略
So what's our endgame?
我们的目标是什么
We want to keep our client's exposure to the insurance limit:
把赔偿额控制在客户的保险理赔范围内
half a million.
50万
I don't imagine the plaintiff will accept a half million?
原告恐怕不会接受吧
Not after today.
通过今天预审 必不接受
Okay. Do the best you can; anything to get the settlement down.
尽你所能吧 尽力把赔偿金压下来
Uh, do you need Blake on this? No, no... Kalinda's good.
需要布莱克帮忙吗 不用 有凯琳达就行
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表