It's just the first time I've heard him laugh
只不过这是很长时间以来
in a long time.
我第一次听见他笑
Good job, Alicia.
艾丽西娅 干得好
Actually, it was...
事实上 这是...
What's going on?
怎么了
You know, politics is just as challenging as acting.
政♥治♥和演戏一样具有挑战性
Always has been.
一直都是这样的
What's really hard is fly-fishing.
真正难的是扮猪吃老虎
Well, hello there.
你好啊
You must be, uh...
你一定是...
Will Gardner. Right, right.
威尔·加德纳 没错 是的
Glad to meet you.
见到你很高兴
Gardner/Lockhart.
加德纳&洛克哈特
Actually, it's Lockhart/Gardner.
实际上 是洛克哈特&加德纳
Are you here to see Diane?
你来这里找戴安吗
Uh, no. Here to see you.
不 来找你的
Me? Really?
我 真的吗
Well...
那么
I'm here.
我在这里
Why are you here to see me?
为什么来找我呢
Well, I hate to say it, Will, but, uh, I'm replacing you.
我讨厌这么说 威尔 不过我要取代你
The platacostillman suit.
帕斯科公♥司♥诉讼案
I'm the new plaintiff's attorney.
我是新的原告律师
Aida, what's going on?
阿依达 怎么回事
Your dad's firing me?
你♥爸♥把我解雇了吗
What? He's hired an actor?
什么 他雇了个演员
I'm not just an actor, Will.
我不只是个演员 威尔
I practiced law for 42 years.
我当律师42年了
Just like that, he's firing me?
他就这样 把我解雇了吗
He's not firing you, Will.
他没有解雇你 威尔
He's no longer the plaintiff.
他已经不是原告了
Over here, boys.
过来 伙计们
This is the consul general of Venezuela.
这位是委内瑞拉的总领事
And this is, uh, somebody else-- can't remember his name.
这位是 不知道谁 记不住他的名字了
But, uh, they're representative
不过 他们代表
of the Venezuelan oil industry.
委内瑞拉石油公♥司♥
And your client's oil facility has just been nationalized.
你客户的石油公♥司♥刚被国有化
Oh, no. Sorry to have to do this,
不 抱歉不得不这么做
but, you know, Venezuela is a socialist country,
不过 你知道 委内瑞拉是个社♥会♥主♥义♥国家
and they've just nationalized Latin Star's drilling subsidiary.
他们刚把拉丁之星的钻塔子公♥司♥国有化
So that means you're no longer the plaintiff, ma'am,
那意味着你不再是原告 女士
and you're no longer the plaintiff's counsel.
你也不再是原告律师
They are,
他们才是原告
And I am.
我才是原告律师
So thank you very much.
所以非常感谢
We'll take over from here.
我们要接手了
Not to sound too melodramatic...
毫不夸张地说
but over my dead body.
你想接这案子除非我死了
Well, not to sound equally melodramatic,
我也不夸张地说
But, uh, let's dance.
我们开战吧
You don't understand. They pulled within a point,
你不明白 他们拉近到只差一个百分点
and that's within the margin of error.
那在误差范围之内
No, you don't understand.
不 你不明白
We just went from a case we were winning
我们一个快赢的案子
to a case that isn't even ours.
居然要飞了
I know, and I told you I would never ask you
我知道 我说过永远不会
to do an on-screen interview.
要求你接受电视访谈
And for nine months, I haven't,
九个月以来 我没要求过
but we need you.
但我们需要你
Peter needs you.
彼得需要你
To ask once is still to ask.
要求一次也是要求
I know, but I promise I'll never ask again and...
我知道 不过我保证只此一次...
Because the election is tomorrow,
因为明天就选举了
and so even if I wanted to, there isn't time.
即使我想再要求 也没有时间
Wendy Scott-Carr's husband did the spousal interview,
温迪的丈夫做了配偶访谈
and now they have the momentum.
现在他们势头正盛
And it's not just about him giving the interview.
而且这不光是他接受了采访的关系
It's about you not.
而是你没有接受采访
Don't put this on my shoulders, Eli.
别把责任推给我 伊莱
It is on your shoulders.
这就是你的责任
Peter's indiscretions are out front because you won't speak.
你不发声 彼得的丑闻就更惹眼
I agreed to leave you out of the politics
我同意让你远离政♥治♥
because you didn't want to comment,
因为你不想发表意见
but now your absence is the comment.
但现在你不发声就是表态
That's not fair.
那不公平
Of course, it's not fair. Politics is not fair.
当然 不公平 政♥治♥本来就不公平
Is that...? Yes.
那是... 是的
Why....?
怎么
Do you really want to know?
你真的想知道
Alicia, you... You don't want to think three days from now
艾丽西娅 三天之后
that you cost Peter the election.
你就会意识到自己毁了彼得的竞选
Wow. You are really laying it on.
你还真是赖上我了
I believe in Peter.
我信赖彼得
Peter will be better than Wendy Scott-Carr.
彼得比温迪要好
Why?
为什么
Because she is more idealistic than practical,
因为她理想多于实际
and the world chews up idealistic people.
这社会能把理想主义者生吞活剥了
Peter will not be chewed up.
彼得就不会
All I need is two hours this afternoon. That's all.
只需要今天下午两个小时 仅此而已
Eli, even if I wanted to, I work.
伊莱 即使我想去 我有工作
This case has been bubbling along for a year.
这案子争论了一年多
It's here. I can't abandon it--
现在是紧要关头 我不能放下它
Especially when the client is in the hospital
尤其客户在医院时
and Venezuela is trying to steal it.
委内瑞拉政♥府♥想要偷走这个案子
I'm sorry.
抱歉
How are you doing here?
你在这里如何
Good. I love Alicia.
很好 我喜欢艾丽西娅
Thank you for making this work. Oh, no.
谢谢你给我安排工作 不
They're the ones who needed you.
是他们需要你
How's your father doing?
你父亲怎么样了
He's working on his citizenship.
他在争取公民资格
Uh, we're testing each other.
我们互相考试
Did you know there are 27 amendments to the constitution?
你知道一共有27条宪法修正案吗
I did hear something about it.
我听说过
Uh, I have to go.
我得走了
Oh. Come tomorrow night.
明晚来吧
We're having a party for the candidate--
我们有个为候选人办的庆功会
If we win, I mean.
如果我们赢了 我是说
I don't think that's a good idea, but thank you.
我认为那不是个好主意 不过谢谢
I have to work.
我得工作去了
I'll see you tonight?
今天晚上见吧
So you are Mr. Gold?
你是戈德先生?
Do I know you?
我认识你吗
I am Andre.
我是安德烈
I'm Natalie's boyfriend.
娜塔莉的男朋友
She said she met a Mr. Gold. That is you?
她说她遇上一位戈德先生 是你吗
Yes. It is me.
是的 是我
We're in love. Okay.
我们在谈恋爱 好的
You're older than she is.
你比她岁数大
Am I missing something here?
我漏掉什么了吗
I'm just talking.
我就是说说
That's all. And I'm going.
仅此而已 我要走了
This is absurd.
这真荒谬
Venezuela just nationalized our case?
委内瑞拉我们的案子收归国有了?
They nationalized Latin Star's Venezuelan subsidiary,
他们把拉丁之星的委内瑞拉子公♥司♥收归国有了
So they claim they have the case.
他们声称享有这个案子
Should I tell my dad?
我应该告诉我爸爸吗
I'm just worried how he'll react.
我只是担心他会作何反应
I wouldn't yet. It's not certain they can do this.
先别说 还不确定他们能这么做
And our options?
我们的选择呢
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表