Let's celebrate.
庆祝一下
...women's causes for decades.
...为女性事业奋斗了几十年
She is without a doubt my mentor.
毫无疑问 她是我的良师益友
Victoria.
阿德勒
You're happy. Yep.
你很高兴啊 是的
Kept a third candidate out of the race.
把第三候选人拒之门外了
Thank you, Cook County Bar Association for this acknowledgement,
谢谢库克县律师协会对我的认可
and thank you, Diane, for that overwhelming introduction.
也谢谢戴安对我的推崇备至
I know you share this sentiment:
我知道 大家都有这样的感觉
that women have far too long found themselves
很久以来 女性在芝加哥法律界
the afterthought in Chicago jurisprudence.
一直处于次要的地位
Always we hear the same thing: four more years,
我们总是听着相同的说辞 再等4年
four more years.
再等4年
But it is not the four more years of re-election;
但这次 不是故人再次当选的4年
it is the four more years of "Just wait..."
这4年的含义是 耐心等待...
Oh, no...
糟糕...
"Then it will be your turn."
然后便轮到你了
And so, tonight, I am pleased to announce
因此 今晚 我很高兴地宣布
a new candidate in the race for state's attorney.
州检察官的职位又多了一位新候选人
I mean no disrespect to the two other current candidates--
我无意冒犯目前的两位候选人
both here and both capable--
他们都在场 也都很能干
but every now and then, you need a woman to clean house.
但有时 你需要个女人来"打扫屋子"
And that woman is... Wendy Scott-Carr.
这个女人就是... 温迪·斯科特-卡尔
Time to clean house.
是"打扫屋子"的时候了
She was in the deposition. She leaked it.
查尔兹庭外取证时她在场 是她泄露的
Thank you so much.
非常感谢大家
My mother and my grandmother were housecleaners,
我的母亲和外婆都是清洁工
so I guess I can continue the tradition.
所以我想我可以发扬这个传统
Who's Wendy Scott-Carr?
温迪·斯科尔-卡尔是谁
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表