May I sit?
我可以坐下吗
You may.
请坐
But in 15 minutes I have to be in court.
但是还有十五分钟我就得去法庭了
Why did you do it?
你为什么这么做
You're in my office, Jackie.
你都到我办公室来了 杰姬
You've come here for a specific reason.
你来这里一定是有具体的原因
I won't be put in a position of guessing.
就别让我猜了
You broke up with my son.
你跟我儿子分手了
I dropped your children off,
我送孩子们回去
and found Peter not there.
发现彼得不在家
He was in an apartment you moved him into.
在你让他搬的那个公♥寓♥里
Yes. So you waited until he was elected,
是的 你是故意等到他当选了
then you made your move.
才采取行动
What move do you imagine that might be, Jackie?
你觉得会是什么行动 杰姬
I have no idea.
我不知道
I am not in your head.
我不是你肚里的虫
Your children were looking for their father.
你的孩子在找他们的父亲
My children are in school,
我的孩子在学校里
and I intend to see them afterwards
而且我打算稍后去见他们
and explain this to them.
并向他们解释这件事
And poison them with your bias?
用你的偏见毒害他们吗
Be cordial here, Jackie, or I will ask you to leave.
客气点 杰姬 不然我就请你离开了
You and I have had our differences, Alicia,
我俩虽然意见不合 艾丽西娅
but I've come to respect you,
但我一直尊重你
and-and admire aspects of you.
并在某些方面很欣赏你
But my son is hurting,
但我儿子受到了伤害
and I... I cannot see him... hurt
我不能看他伤心
on the day he should be happiest,
这本该是他最快乐的一天
I have never seen him so destroyed.
我从没见他这么崩溃过
This is a private matter, Jackie.
这是我跟他之间的事 杰姬
It is not for you to get involved.
你不该牵扯进来
I've watched Zach and Grace for two years now.
我照看扎克和格蕾丝已经两年了
And I thank you,
我也很谢谢你
but I don't need your help anymore.
但现在不再需要你的帮助了
Excuse me?
你说什么
My children are grown.
我的孩子们已经长大了
They don't need your help. But thank you.
他们不再需要你照顾 但是谢谢你
And I'm glad you got time to spend together.
我也很高兴你们在一起共度那么多时光
How can you talk this way?
你怎么能这样说话
Because I am this way.
因为我就是这样的
Your son has made me this way.
你儿子把我逼成这样的
My son loves you.
我的儿子爱着你
You will see your grandchildren, Jackie.
你能见到你的孙子孙女 杰姬
Don't worry, I will make that happen.
不用担心 我会做到
And again I thank you.
再次谢谢你
You were a lifesaver when I needed a lifesaver,
在我最需要的时候帮了我大忙
but that's over now.
但现在都结束了
And I have to get to court.
我得去法庭了
Damn you to hell.
去死吧你
Your Honor, this is not about one liver.
法官大人 这不是关于一个肝脏
This is about their class action.
而是关于他们的集体诉讼
Mr. Roda, stop. I don't care.
洛达先生 别说了 我不关心这个
I still have to adjudicate the case in front of me.
我必须裁决眼前的这个案子
Ms. Lockhart.
洛克哈特女士
It is our understanding the hospital administrator,
我们知道的是 医院负责人
Mr. Haynes, was not called away on an emergency call.
海因斯先生并不是因急诊被叫走的
Instead, he is staying at his vacation home in Michigan.
他现在正待在他位于密歇根的度假屋里
We ask that Your Honor compel his presence in court
我们请求法官大人强制他出庭
or censure opposing counsel for their deception.
或谴责对方律师的欺骗行为
Mr. Roda?
洛达先生
I... Your Honor, we have no knowledge of this alleged location.
法官大人 我们并不知道他的所在
Well, then, let me get you their phone and address.
那么我来给你们电♥话♥号♥码和地址
Your Honor,
法官大人
we ask that you disqualify Lockhart/Gardner
我们请求你解除洛克哈特&加德纳律所
as counsel for the plaintiff.
为原告辩护的资格
It's come to our attention that our retired first chair,
我们意识到我方已被辞退的首席律师
Miss Nyholm, has hired Diane Lockhart
尼霍姆女士 雇佣了戴安·洛克哈特
as a counsel in a suit against us.
作为律师来起诉我们
Really?
真的吗
Well, what happened there?
发生了什么事
Our firm found it necessary to relieve Miss Nyholm of her position,
我公♥司♥认为有必要解除尼霍姆女士的职务
and she has since hired their firm
于是她雇佣了他们公♥司♥
to sue us for damages.
来起诉我们 想要赔偿
Miss Nyholm, is this true?
尼霍姆女士 是这样吗
Oh, yeah. It's really quite dramatic.
是的 这太戏剧化了
I'm sure you can understand, Your Honor,
我相信你能理解 法官大人
Miss Nyholm knows our stratagems
尼霍姆女士知道我们的策略
and all the specifics of our defense.
以及我们辩护的所有细节
Mr. Roda,
洛达先生
I can't tell Miss Nyholm which firm she can hire.
我不能指挥尼霍姆女士选哪家公♥司♥
Yes, but you can insist on a strict division
是的 但是你可以在尼霍姆女士的案子
between Miss Nyholm's case and this one.
和本案之间要求严格分离
That's correct.
这没错
Miss Nyholm, do you understand that there
尼霍姆女士 你明白
must be a strict division between these two cases?
两个案子之间必须有严格分离吗
I do.
我明白
Your Honor, Miss Nyholm just grinned
法官大人 尼霍姆女士
and winked at us when you said that.
听你问话的时候挤眉弄眼的
I did not. I don't wink.
我没有 我从不挤眉弄眼
Miss Nyholm, without grinning,
尼霍姆女士 别挤眉
do you promise to keep these two cases separate?
你保证保持这两个案子的分离吗
I do, Your Honor.
我保证 法官大人
This is so unprofessional.
这可太不地道了
Please talk to my lawyer.
请对我的律师讲
Mr. Andrews, hello. I'm Will Gardner,
安德鲁斯先生 你好 我是威尔·加德纳
Miss Nyholm's attorney. It's nice to meet you.
尼霍姆女士的律师 很高兴见到你
Do you have a moment?
你现在有时间吗
If Patti looks at her partnership agreement,
如果帕蒂看看她的合伙人协议
she'll see grievances must proceed through
就会看到申诉首先必须经过
automatic arbitration first.
自动的合同解释仲裁
Yes, and we're ready;
是的 我们准备好了
we have an arbiter on call.
我们随时可以接受仲裁
Well, unfortunately, my schedule won't clear up for a few weeks.
不幸的是 我接下来的几个周都没空
Well, unfortunately, that's not gonna work for us.
不幸的是 和我们说这个没用
We need you to meet now.
我们要你现在开始
Really? Or...?
是吗 否则怎样
Or Patti and I are gonna have a very long conversation
否则我和帕蒂就要进行一场很长的对话
about class action suits.
谈谈集体诉讼
And you know how we pregnant women like to talk.
你知道怀孕的女人是多么爱说
I will not negotiate with a gun to my head.
我不会在有枪指着我脑袋的时候谈判
So don't. Just negotiate.
那就别 只谈判
Not if you were the last man standing, buddy.
除非你是世界上最后一个人 伙计
Welcome to arbitration.
欢迎前来仲裁
I am retired Judge Loni Goslin.
我是退休法官洛妮·高斯林
This is an automatic process intended to encourage
现在是旨在鼓励双方自♥由♥交换申诉意见的
the free exchange of grievances,
自动程序
and a presentation of witnesses and exhibits.
可以呈上人证物证
And where is your plaintiff today, Mr. Gardner?
你的原告在哪儿 加德纳先生
She should be here any minute.
她随时会到
My apologies, Your Honor.
我很抱歉 法官大人
I really must insist on punctuality.
我真的必须要强调准时性
Um, your Honor, I would remind you
法官大人 我们想提醒你
of the liquidated damages provision
我们按和尼霍姆女士的合同规定
in Miss Nyholm's contract specifying
已经偿付了本情形下的
a $50,000 payout in such circumstances.
五万美元的补偿金
That is far beyond the $8.6 million she is demanding.
这离着她要求的860万远着呢
Yes, but the provision doesn't cover punitive.
是的 但是这补偿金并不含惩罚性赔金
You fired her because she was pregnant.
你因为她怀孕了而开除她
That is such complete and utter hogwash.
这完完全全是胡说
We fired her because she was alienating clients.
我们是因为她气走了客户才开除她
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表