Thank you, Your Honor.
谢谢 法官大人
And I'd like to thank you
也谢谢各位的
for your patience and your attention.
耐心和专心
Now it's time for you to go into that room and judge.
你们即将走进那间屋子进行评判
So let's hear the facts.
所以来听听事实吧
Jake Rickter.
杰克· 瑞克特
Family man.
居家男人
Business owner.
企业主
You've probably seen his wife
你们八成注意到他的妻女
and child here throughout the trial.
在整个审判过程中一直在这儿
So why is Jake on trial for first degree murder?
那杰克为什么被控一级谋杀呢
Jake's nine-year-old son died during routine oral surgery,
杰克九岁的儿子死于一项常规口腔手术
and a heartbroken Jake decided to sue.
心碎的杰克决定起诉
That's all.
仅此而已
Jake came to our firm, and we helped him sue the dentist.
杰克请了我们律所 起诉那位牙医
That was a year ago.
那是一年前
And as you know, that suit was adjudicated
各位知道 那桩案子是由
by Judge Philip Ellerbee.
菲利普·埃勒比法官裁决的
Judge Ellerbee decided against Jake,
埃勒比法官判杰克败诉
and that's where all this would have ended,
此事本该到此为止
except two months later,
只是两个月以后
Judge Ellerbee was found stabbed to death in his home.
埃勒比法官被人捅死在家里
Now why do I find myself
为什么
showing you these crime scene photos
我比州检察官更多地
even more than the state's attorney?
展示这些犯罪现场的照片
Because I think this murder cries out for justice.
因为我认为这场谋杀呼吁正义
But instead, Glenn Childs,
然而 格伦·查尔兹
knowing his term as state's attorney
知道他的州检察官任期
would be over in two days...
将于两天内结束
Objection.
反对
Sustained.
反对有效
...as has been testified to previously--
此前有人作证
Judge Ellerbee was wearing both gloves that night,
当晚菲利普·埃勒比法官戴了两只手套
but as you can see in the prosecutor's own photos,
但你们可以看到在控方的照片中
there was one missing.
少了一只手套
Police can't locate it.
警方找不到那只手套
Glenn Childs can't locate it.
格伦·查尔兹也找不到
And you heard testimony from our expert witness that,
你们也听到了专家证人是怎么说的
given the direction of the knife attack,
以刀袭来的方向来看
this glove would most certainly have the killer's blood on it.
那只手套一定染上了凶手的血
And yet, the one piece of evidence that could have led
不过 这唯一能让被告免罪的证据
to exoneration is gone-- why?
却不见了 为什么
You've also heard testimony that Judge Ellerbee was involved
你们也都听到了 有人证表明
in several other controversial decisions,
埃勒比法官做过好几个有争议的判决
and has a multitude of enemies,
敌人也为数不少
and yet, Mr. Childs here would have you believe...
然而 查尔兹先生却要让你们相信
Oh, hey. How'd it go?
情况怎么样
Will's doing well, but I don't know--
威尔表现很棒 但我不知道
I think we only have one juror, juror number two.
我看只有一个陪审员支持我们 二号♥陪审员
This is hard.
这很难
People want to blame someone for a judge killing.
法官被杀了 人们总要归咎于人
Oh, when you get a chance, we need to talk.
等你有空 我们谈谈
About? Nothing bad.
谈什么 不是坏事
We're expanding, and I think
律所要扩张 我认为
you should consider taking on a bigger role.
你应该考虑担起更重要的角色
What role?
什么角色
We'll talk.
到时再谈
Heading up to the thirtieth. More office space.
搬到第三十层 办公空间更大
Hi, Owen. How's parenting?
欧文 做家长感觉如何
Oh, it is rough.
真不容易
What are you watching?
你在看什么
I'm working hard.
我正努力干活呢
Have you seen reality TV during the day?
你在白天看过真人秀吗
It is so-- I don't know-- like, last days of Pompeii.
真是... 就像庞贝城的末日(破灭)
More on the Rickter trial?
杰克案子的新资料?
Yeah. Will's office?
是啊 送到威尔办公室吗
Nah, I'll take it.
给我吧
So, hey, we decided on Italian tonight at 6:00. Are you free?
我们决定今晚6点吃意大利菜 你有空吗
I will be by then. Where?
到时会有空的 在哪
Um, Johnnie's. 6:00?
在约翰尼 6点
Okay, I will see you then.
行 到时见
Oh, and, Owen,
欧文
thank you, by the way.
顺便说一句 谢谢
Oh, no. Come on, you're my big sis.
别这样 你是我大姐
And you know what? Don't worry.
还有 别担心
They... They seem fine.
他们看上去没事
Really?
真的?
Yeah. You and I were catatonic when Mom and Dad split.
是啊 当初爸妈分开时 咱俩超紧张
So you're not telling anyone?
你不打算告诉别人?
About the separation?
你是说分居的事?
No, not yet.
不 暂时不说
Not even Will?
连威尔也不说?
That was a joke, Alicia.
我开玩笑的 艾丽西娅
Hello?
喂
Uh... Owen, I'm gonna have to call you back.
欧文 我回头再给你电♥话♥
Courtney?
考特尼
Courtney!
考特尼
Get Diane.
找戴安来
Tell her it's urgent.
告诉她 有要紧事
Hey.
嗨
Look.
瞧
Okay.
好
Don't move. I'm not.
别动 我没动
It came in that envelope? Yes.
是那信封里来的 是
Keep your fingers where they are.
手指放在原处
I am. Courtney's getting Diane.
知道 考特尼去找戴安了
Anybody else touch it? The glove or the envelope?
别人碰过它吗 你是说手套还是信封
The glove. No, I didn't even touch it.
手套 不 连我都没碰过
It just slipped right out.
就这么掉出来了
Sophia Russo.
这是索菲亚·罗素
Hey, it's me. Look,
是我
when do you start at the State's Attorney's Office?
你们什么时候开始替州检办做事
Why? You want to come work for me?
怎么 你想来我这儿干活?
Does your firm still run DNA testing?
你们公♥司♥还搞DNA测试吗
Yeah. Why?
是啊 怎么了
We need to hire you for a few days, but...
我们需要雇你们几天 不过
you need to come here right now.
你得马上过来一趟
My next call is to the police.
我接下来就要报♥警♥了
Where?
你在哪
Lockhart/Gardner, 27th floor.
洛克哈特&加德纳律所 27楼
Okay.
好
And give me ten minutes before you call the cops.
报♥警♥前先等我十分钟
Head out now.
现在就出发
Who was that?
是谁
A friend.
一个朋友
That's probably Will.
八成是威尔
Jury instruction just ended.
陪审团指示刚结束
Yeah?
喂
Is Alicia there?
艾丽西娅在吗
Uh, she can't talk right now.
她现在不方便讲话
Just tell her...
告诉她...
I'll call her later.
我回头再给她打电♥话♥吧
Where's the candidate's head about this? Running again?
候选人什么想法 你说继续竞选?
He's not there yet.
他暂时没考虑这个
He wants to make a good show
他想在州检察官办公室
with the State's Attorney's Office.
大展拳脚
Good. Well, he shouldn't think about any of this.
好 他不必为这个操心
That's our job. And yours.
这是我们的职责 也是你的
In the meantime, Eli, make yourself comfortable.
与此同时 伊莱 别拘束
Democratic Committee takes care of its own.
民♥主♥党委员会向来关照自己人
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表