I would like to make a toast.
我要敬大家一杯
Zach, Grace, you can use your water.
扎克 格雷斯 你们喝水就行
Raise your glasses.
把杯子举起来
Thank you all for coming tonight.
感谢大家今晚光临
I've been told it isn't proper to say "Happy Yom Kippur"
我听说 说"赎罪日快乐"是不合适的
because it is a day of atonement, so...
因为这是赎罪之日
everybody atone.
所以 愿大家赎罪(atone在古语亦有和解之意)
Yeah, I don't really have a lawyer.
是的 我其实没有律师
What can you do for me?
你能怎么帮我
You look different. Yeah.
你样子有点变了 是的
They won't let me wear my hair in here.
他们不准我在这里戴假发
Can... can your law firm do anything about that?
你们律所能帮我通融一下吗
Do you mind telling me your date of birth, Mr. Landers?
兰德斯先生 能告诉我你的生日是哪天吗
March 5, 1970. Why?
1970年3月5号♥ 怎么了
Pisces. I'm a Gemini.
双鱼座啊 我是双子座的
Look, lady, do you need something?
小姐 你想问什么
Because I'm facing life in prison here.
我是可能会被判终身监禁的
Why did you do it?
为什么这么做
Why did you kill Geminis?
你为什么要杀双子座的
Miss Sharma.
夏尔马小姐
You know you can't do that, Kalinda.
凯琳达 你知道不该这么做
You'll be charged with impeding an ongoing investigation.
你可能会被指控妨碍调查
How're you liking the prosecutor's office?
在检察官那头感觉如何
It seems to agree with you. You look taller.
看来挺适合你 你看上去变高了
I like the moral clarity.
我喜欢道德上的是非分明
Do you miss me?
想我吗
What if I said yes?
如果说想 又如何
Well, I'd say, "That sounds about right."
我会说 "我也觉得你想我"
Then...
那么...
yeah.
我想你
We're hitting a brick wall.
我们遇到一个难题
We think we should amend the pleadings to include Childs personally.
我们应该修改诉状 将查尔兹本人列入其中
Why? So we can depose him.
为什么 这样就可以对他进行审前盘问
Put him on the spot about the flaws
让他因为调查怀亚特失职
in the Wyatt Stevens investigation.
而成为众矢之的
You want to turn up the heat? Yes.
你想把事情弄大吗 是的
I'm thinking
我在反思
I made a mistake backing away from the political implications.
我当初不该避开政♥治♥影响
That's what he fears-- the politics.
他所害怕的就是政♥治♥后果
So we make him afraid.
因此我们要让他感到害怕
And force a settlement.
逼他和解
Okay.
好吧
Oh, sure. I recognize that guy. You do?
我认出他了 真的吗
I went on a date with him.
我跟他约会过一次
This is absurd; I have qualified immunity.
荒谬 我有豁免权
No one has immunity from a deposition, Mr. Childs.
查尔兹先生 无人有权免于审前盘问
If you'd like, we can call the judge to confirm.
如果你愿意 可以找法官来证实这一点
Let's keep this amicable, shall we?
大家和气点吧
Glenn has 15 minutes.
你们能占用格伦15分钟
Then he has a conference call.
下面他还有一个电♥话♥会议
If you agree to 15 minutes, we won't object.
只要你们同意15分钟 就开始吧
We agree. Good.
同意 很好
Starting now.
现在开始吧
You gotta be kidding me. No.
你们开玩笑吧 没有
We're not kidding.
我们很严肃的
Okay. The clock is ticking.
好了 计时已经开始
Hey, Cary.
凯里
Mr. Moral Clarity.
"是非分明"先生
What is that?
这是什么
Evidence to help you prosecute Carl Landers.
帮助你控告兰德斯的证据
Mm-hmm. Out of the goodness of your heart?
出于你的善良之心?
Oh, what do you care?
你管这个呢
You want moral clarity.
反正你要的是道德上的是非分明
Landers committed all four murders.
4宗枪击案都是兰德斯所为
This will convict him.
这些 可以将他定罪
You were under intense pressure
你当时面临巨大压力
to convict someone for the Northbrook killings, weren't you?
需要尽快找到北溪案的凶手并定罪 是吗
It's my job to prosecute criminals.
我的职责就是检控犯罪分子
So, there's always pressure.
因此压力一直都有
Did you give an interview on June 11th,
你是否在6月11日接受采访时承诺
promising "Swift accountability and justice" for the sniper?
将会迅速公正地惩治狙击手?
I don't recall.
我记不清了
Chicago Tribune. Op-Ed.
芝加哥论♥坛♥报 专栏版面
"Chicagoans need not fear.
"芝加哥民众无需恐惧"
This case will be solved by the end of the month."
"本案将在本月底前审结"
And it was.
我兑现了诺言
Even if corners were cut? They were not.
即便是通过走捷径? 没有走捷径
You may not have been aware that they were.
或许是你不知情
This is my department.
我负责这个部门
I have to be aware of everything, and I am.
我得事事知晓 而且也确实如此
Does that mean you approved the covering up
言下之意 是否说你允许了掩盖
of the lead detective's Vicodin addiction?
探长服用维柯丁上瘾的事实?
There was no cover-up.
不存在任何掩盖
When were you informed of Detective Mangold's drug addiction?
你何时得知曼戈德警官嗑药
June 28th, to be precise.
确切地说 6月28日
And two days later, you had Wyatt Stevens arrested.
2天后 你逮捕了怀亚特·史蒂文斯
Ah, Wyatt Stevens was arrested because Wyatt Stevens was guilty.
他被捕 是因为他有罪
So you stand by the prosecution of Wyatt Stevens?
也就是说 你支持对怀亚特的控告?
I stand by every prosecution this office has taken on in my tenure.
我支持在我任期内的所有控诉
Unlike earlier holders of my office,
与我的前任不同的是
I do not prosecute without a good faith belief
只有达到预期可予定罪标准
that the defendant is guilty.
我才会提出控诉
You're up for reelection, isn't that correct, Mr. Childs?
你准备竞选连任 是吗 查尔兹先生
You know the answer to that.
你知道答案了
I'll take that as a "Yes""
我会把你这个说法当作肯定的回答
So you can't afford to get this sniper case wrong?
因此狙击手一案你不能出错
I didn't get it wrong.
我没出错
Were you aware that all four sniper victims
你是否知道4名被害人均为
were members of datehearts.Com?
datehearts交♥友♥网♥站的会员
Is this deposition by ambush?
这次审前盘问是有埋伏的?
Were you aware that all four victims were in contact
你是否知道4名被害人都通过该网站
with Carl Landers from this site?
与兰德斯相识?
That all four ended up meeting him?
4名被害人最终都与他见面
And all four turned up dead within days?
并且4人都在数天后遇害
That might prove problematic.
你这说法恐怕有问题
One of those four victims was a man.
其中1名被害人是男性
Limo surveillance video shows that shooting was a miss.
豪华轿车的监控视频显示 那枪打错了人
The intended victim was a woman named Meg Malden.
凶手原本的目标是名叫麦尔登的女人
We have no proof as to the veracity of these assertions.
你们的主张没有证据
These are records subpoenaed from datehearts.Com.
这是从datehearts网站取得的记录
Affidavits asserting that
网站书面证词称
Carl Landers was in contact with all of these women.
兰德斯与这4名女人均有联♥系♥
They should have been turned over to my office. It was.
这些应该提交到我的办公室 已提交
It was presented to one of your ASAs.
已提交给你的某位助手
You weren't aware of that?
你不知道吗
You said you were aware of everything about this case
你刚刚说 你对该案的一切情况了如指掌
as it related to your department.
因为这是你的部门的事情
Unlike your predecessor.
这一点有别于你的前任
Okay. We'll have to wrap this up.
好的 我们会把这些带上的
Glenn has that conference call.
格伦要去参加电♥话♥会议了
Good day.
保重
What was your ask?
你们的开价是什么
Originally or now? Now.
原先的还是现在的? 现在的
But it comes with a gag order.
不过要附加一条封口令
Your client has to live with
你的委托人要接受
the ambiguity of his father's name not being cleared.
他父亲的犯罪嫌疑不能洗清
Can you sell that?
你们能说服他吗
You're in luck. He's here.
你运气好 他就在这里
All we can do is ask.
我们去问问好了
How much? Four million.
要多少 400万
剧集 | 傲骨贤妻(2009) | 导航列表